Danny Says No More Signings

He's been at Port Talbot Town and Hereford United. I have no idea how Paul Mathers "identified him", Michael Laudrup has probably never seen him live. He's never played for Swansea so I'm not sure what level you assume he's reached. Youth caps for Wales...oooh!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Wales are a f**king damn sight better than Scotland.

I don't disagree we're still a club in transition, but don't necessarily understand why.

Last season we had the best squad we've had in a number of years and had an excellent cup win. We still faltered in the league, and in this respect we're not improving season on season.

It looked like we really had a platform to build on, yet by choice we're deconstructing again, and by doing so we remain in a transition period. How do we get out of this stage and move on & up?

It seems like some decisions are based on personalities rather than abilities; i'll use Carey as an example.

At the end of last season I had hopes of moving on & becoming SPL contenders; by this I mean competing for top 6, but I really can't see it happening with the current squad.

Bloody great post. Well reasoned, sensible, and hitting the nail on the head. We've deconstructed by choice right enough. The difficulty is that we don't seem to be doing much building to make up for it!

Danny has class in anundance and deserves respect from his own support, not disrespectful comments like the one you posted. You seem to rubbish him at every opportunity, we know you don't like him but is it necessary to keep it going..

I will keep on doing till he improves the league record which is shocking just in case you didn't notice

The nature of the beast these days is that most clubs will always be 'in transition'. As others just said, with Bosman, short contracts, loanees etc, teams never form and develop - they constantly break up and each season is almost starting all over again. My problem (at this moment in time), is that we seem as a club to have chosen to 'start all over again' by our internal actions. No-one asset-stripped McGowan, McLean or McGinn. Samson was an unfortunate loss, as were the three LC winning loanee heroes, but the core - the solid core of our permanent contract talented players remained. We had a real chance to build on the League Cup success with a settled squad - yes, a settled squad and not in transition. Did the LC heroes squad under-perform in the league? Probably, but I think it was a squad worth tinkering with - not ripping to pieces. If there are off-field issues, or attitude issues with Lewis Guy, Graham Carey, Dougie Imrie or others - I don't see that, so in these cases I need to trust the management have made the right decision to get rid.

I'm a fan, I am not party to Ralston daily events. As a fan, I would have kept Guy, Parkin, Imrie, Carey, and tinkered with the positions affected by lost loanees and the keeper. Why have St Mirren not tried to knit those players into the 2013/14 squad and play some of them in their best positions? Again, if there were bad eggs in the basket, I understand letting them go.

I have a nagging feeling we have chosen to press a small self-destruct button. As a board, as a management team. It's their decision, I hope it doesn't blow up in our faces. In my view though, we didn't need major surgery, we were in a position to only need an annual check up.

Guy,Imrie,Parkin and Carey didn't perform well enough, fair enough Parkin was always going to be a back up but the other 3 won't be missed.

We are using their wages to bring in a couple of better players.

This year it will be quality over quantity, its risky with a small squad but I believe we have a few youth players capable of stepping up to the mark if needed.

Grainger is much better than Dummett and Carey. Harkins will contribute more than Imrie did.... hopefully shutup.gif

Guy,Imrie,Parkin and Carey didn't perform well enough, fair enough Parkin was always going to be a back up but the other 3 won't be missed.

We are using their wages to bring in a couple of better players.

This year it will be quality over quantity, its risky with a small squad but I believe we have a few youth players capable of stepping up to the mark if needed.

Grainger is much better than Dummett and Carey. Harkins will contribute more than Imrie did.... hopefully shutup.gif

If we are going for quality over quantity this this year why are DVZ and cheesy still at the club ?

I will keep on doing till he improves the league record which is shocking just in case you didn't notice

Season one: Bedding in season, learned the ropes of SPL management, made mistakes and learned from them. Still stayed up.

Season two: Got rid of 10 plus dreadful players, also got rid of lurkers like Potter and Dargo, brought in Thompson, Teale and the like. Finished 8th, our highest league placing in 20 odd years.

Season three: We won a cup and stayed up. One of the best years in our clubs' history.

Cut the guy a bit of slack, he's doing his best for the club, he'll keep us up and I think we can match, or even better 8th this season if we add another couple of decent players.