Danny Says No More Signings

To be fair to Tom, that "abuse" was in retaliation to you decreeing that we should all go back to sweeping the streets as we knew nothing of negotiation or some other highly intellectual, self indulgent rambling nonsense.

The only surprise is that you took a few hours to respond. What was so important tonight that dragged you away from trolling the forum?

Oh dear! Whoosh!

Sigh!

Eight pages now devoted to words that Danny didn't say. Amazing. Have any of the so-called St.Mirren supporters who despise Danny had the guts to admit yet that they wish we hadn't won the League Cup? I bet they exist.

I wonder if any so-called Saints fans have the guts to admit they got more enjoyment out of Saints winning the League Cup so they could come on to this forum and abuse fellow buds. I bet they exist.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/lennon-content-with-squad-after-adding-goalkeeping-duo.21466546

Anyone else sick of reading such negative nonsense?

Every year our current manager is reported in the press to be "happy with the balance of the squad" and "not looking to add anyone further".

I sincerely hope that Mr Daniel Lennon is lying or has been mis-reported.

Having renewed my season ticket only yesterday I must express my disappointment at such a negative article. At this time of year the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are trying hard to sell season tickets to the footballing masses. One of the many joys of football is the eternal hope of a good signing, the expectation that the next one will be "the big one and the excitement of reading the press and forums like a child waiting for Santa. Such nonsense will not persuade our hard working Paisley souls (the ones that work anyway) to part with hard earned cash and for that Mr Daniel Lennon would need his testicles kicked black and blue for being so overtly stupid.

Having released so many players then I fully expect my team to add more players as last seasons league performance was NOT good enough. If Mr Lennon thinks that such a small squad is good enough then he can go f**k a monkey. I expect more!

Anyway just to re-iterate...I am sick of reading this pish.

The next headline had better read "Danny Lennon looking to bring In more faces in a bid to give the fans of the club value for money".

i thought it read no more singing,,,whistling.gif

Maybe with Reilly and MacGregor back challenging and some promising youngsters( Yaquib, Naismith,Brady etc) maybe ready to make the step up, he really does feel we have enough

Sent from my C6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

this " lack of signings" is maybe puting some people off buying a season ticket so far as the negative vibes re left back position and the need for a reliable centre half ( lets face it it is not Jim Goodwins position) and an other forward to share the load for Stevie are relavent

the other question amongst the support is where has all the cup final money gone ? surely we should be able to land another class signing that would take the doubters across the line to buy a season ticket

are we really going to rely on Barron , Van and the young boy at fullback, Goodwin at centre half for the whole season( no chance!) and Stevie on his own up front?

really????????????

this " lack of signings" is maybe puting some people off buying a season ticket so far as the negative vibes re left back position and the need for a reliable centre half ( lets face it it is not Jim Goodwins position) and an other forward to share the load for Stevie are relavent

the other question amongst the support is where has all the cup final money gone ? surely we should be able to land another class signing that would take the doubters across the line to buy a season ticket

are we really going to rely on Barron , Van and the young boy at fullback, Goodwin at centre half for the whole season( no chance!) and Stevie on his own up front?

really????????????

Darron McGregor is Back - Chessy can cover Mair has not left is more than enough cover

Cup final money will make up for short falls we are a prudent club unlike many who spend what they don't have. Saying that there will be another couple of signings to come

Baron is fully recoverd and has proved himself as a good full back much better than he is at midfield ( take note Danny )

All will be good relax and get yourself up noth for the opening game of the season :)

I bought my season ticket before the end of May, when we'd just released a whole team of players. Maybe I'm naive, in that I'm supporting the club, rather than waiting to be impressed with who we bring in? As it happens I'm looking forward to seeing Harkins in our team, alongside McGowan who's decided to stay another season, and also looking forward to seeing more of the youngsters such as Reilly, McGinn, Yakub and Brady next season, along with two young, promising goalkeepers. Add to that the old heads such as Thommo and Teale, and we have talent in there to do well, with a bit of luck.

I'm sure we'll make another 2 or 3 signings, but even if we don't, I'll be there next season watching us playing football the right way, and hopefully making inroads into the top 6. Every season I'm optimistic, and next season will be no different.

If Danny thinks that the squad we have just now is strong enough then he is in the wrong job .You can't release as many players as we have and replace them with 4 2 of which are GKs what happened to a smaller squad but we will bring in better quality of player was it all lies to sell season tickets

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

I still believe we need one more headline signing to get bums on seats

last year we had 1800 season ticket holders ( some of that 1800 bought tickets for kids taking the nuber up to 2100)

can the club confirm number sold excluding freebies?

or how many from last year have not renewed ? ,

everybody on here is a diehard ,its the 10,000 "extras"from the cup final that we have to catch ,and that takes a big signing asap

BAWZ, on 03 Jul 2013 - 12:49, saidBAWZ, on 03 Jul 2013 - 12:49, said

Imagine, if you will, my high level of disappointment when I found out that Danny had said he was signing nae mair. I could have sworn he said Naymar.

I can confirm Naymar is not one of the players that will be joining us,he has not even been on our radar. It would appear some silly posts are creeping in here now.

...and I can confirm Naymar could well be signing for Saints, but I can confirm Neymar certainly won't be whistling.gif

As for the thread... FFS people... its only 3rd July bangin.gif

He may well be playing the media young Gary but to what end?

The club have absolutely nothing to gain from such a story being printed but do have something to lose (season ticket holders being put off as I have stated repeatedly).

Young Mr Lennon needs to stop "pissing on the chips" of its supporters with such down beat nonsense. In fact what was the point of the story at all?

The team clearly need more personnel or we will be looking at yet another second bottom finish and quite frankly its not good enough.

I am so raging I have taken my bunnet off and thrown it on the floor.

its high time everybody realised we as customers require to be entertained and excited , to be told its same as last year ,with one addition ( who is not a a household name to anybody ) plus some trainees is not good enough by any standards.

I've read this article again and again and I've yet to read anywhere that there will be no more signings.

A summery of what he said for the guys who are struggling to read.

"we're absolutely delighted with the personnel that we have on board already"

"opportunity there for the younger ones to stake their claim"

"There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season"

"make a decision when the time is right"

its high time everybody realised we as customers require to be entertained and excited , to be told its same as last year ,with one addition ( who is not a a household name to anybody ) plus some trainees is not good enough by any standards.

Please read the above. bye1.gif

Sorry to burst your wee sad bubble. snore.gif

What is the signing threshold amount for someone to buy a season ticket?

What you have to remember is Danny said he would be bringing in Quality signings this season, His words, Apart from Harkins who even then I don't know a lot about, I wouldn't call the rest of his signing quality, A third choice keeper from Swansea, French keeper who was released by Blackburn, And a Hull reserve who was released, Doesn't exactly inspire you to run to the ticket office to renew your season ticket, They might turn into good players who knows, But the squad as it is at the mo is not better than last years, and last years league run was poor, But TBH I think there will be more signings, and I think Conor Newton could back, Just a feeling, Hope so anyway good player.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Espeically when we were pish more often than not last season.