Danny Says No More Signings

Cornell

Vanzy. Mcgregor. Goodwin. Mcausland

Teale. McGowan. McGinn. McLean

Harkins

Thommo

What's the problem?

vanzy legs went last year,goodwin will get sent off early doors, Tommo can t play another full season, ditto teale , both need rested from time to time,need more depth

I'm quite hurt that you would doubt me, old friendsad.png

It's not you I'm doubting. It's St Mirren we're talking about. Until a signing is actually on the pitch, in front of my own eyes, and wearing a St Mirren strip, then I remain sceptical.

It's the St Mirren way.

It's not you I'm doubting. It's St Mirren we're talking about. Until a signing is actually on the pitch, in front of my own eyes, and wearing a St Mirren strip, then I remain sceptical.

It's the St Mirren way.

I'd be stunned it we didn't sign at least 2 more players.

I don't expect to be stunned.

to put our club in perspective while we are taking on stockport in our big build up to the season , bournemouth are taking on real madrid

thats marketing for you

Oh aye, them fans are loving it....................

Bournemouth fans were initially overjoyed on Tuesday when the club announced that it had secured a pre-season friendly against Real Madrid.

But that joy quickly turned to astonishment as it emerged that the long-suffering Cherries fans are being asked to stump up an astonishing £60 for tickets to the match.

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Oh aye, them fans are loving it....................

Bournemouth fans were initially overjoyed on Tuesday when the club announced that it had secured a pre-season friendly against Real Madrid.

But that joy quickly turned to astonishment as it emerged that the long-suffering Cherries fans are being asked to stump up an astonishing £60 for tickets to the match.

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

its not the game its our standing as a club ,even morecomb knocked us back,and bournemouth will be sold out

You're wasting your time with him. He can't handle being proved wrong and starts replying with more and more smilies before "liking" and "unliking" all of your posts and then accusing you of having more aliases than Sydney Bristow. Mind you, it is amusing at times to see the likes of yourself and Stuart Dickson rip the pish out of him so crack on!

Anxiety levels going up?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

We've got that. We always have that. Hope that we improve on the previous season.

One or two more signings and I'll be full of hope. There's zero chance though of getting a signing that on their own will see a rush for STs. Not a chance. Unless Wayne Rooney is a secret lifelong Bud.

Sorted

Campbell is regarded as a big prospect of the future, drawing comparisons with Wayne Rooney.

As close as we'll get.

In

Kealan Dillon (Hull City)

Gary Harkins (Dundee)

David Cornell (Swansea City - Loan)

Christopher Dilo

Out

Craig Samson (Kilmarnock)

Paul McGinn (Dumbarton)

Chris Smith (Stenhousemuir)

Sander Puri (York City)

Sam Parkin

Jack Smith

Dougie Imrie

Grant Adam

Graham Carey

Esma Goncalves - loan return

Paul Dummett - loan return

Conor Newton - loan return

We are currently eight players down on last season. Two of the four we have signed are eligible for our under 20's. I'm expecting at least another four players to be signed before the end of August.

Another way to view this is that we've lost 4 first team regulars and replaced them with 2.

So I actually see just another 2 needed.

Ilive in a world where less customers means less income which means poorer quality products to break even which leads to less customers and less income etc etc etc

ie the real world , where we talk up our product , engage in real marketing ,try to capture those customers who have bought the product in the past but somehow no longer do

increase our customer subase by all means available , and when we get the opportunity in the press we use it to encourage our customers

Football isn't a normal business though.

The customer base is addicted to the product.

That's the bit you are failing to take into account.

More or less everyone who has a season ticket now will sign up again regardless of who we sign.

I practically guarantee it.

This is St Mirren. If anyone is EXPECTING or demanding a marquee signing then they are following the wrong club.

The three loan players are big losses, as is Samson. Other than that? Four players who never started a league game, one who started one league game, and two others who started 12 and 13 respectively.

Eight players down, of whom seven contributed little or nothing. And Carey didn't contribute too much either.

I'd rather have youngsters in for most of these guys, and we will sign another couple of players - that's clear.

You got yourself a bit mixed up here. You say four players are a big loss, then go on to say we are seven down and seven of the eight contributed little or nothing. Do you think the four we have signed have adequately replaced the three loan players and Samson? Bare in mind two of the four we have signed are keepers and one of them is a youth player.

The three loan players and Samson are a huge loss, you're right. We haven't replaced any of them. Harkins replaces Imrie/Carey, Dillon replaces Jack Smith, Cornell replaces Adam and Dilo replaces Smith. You're also right about the remaining released players being rubbish and contributing nothing. This is why they need replaced with players who are actually of St Mirren standard and who can contribute something.

One of the main reasons for our god awful SPL form last season was how rubbish our squad was. We seen how good our first 11 was in the cups, however, the back up was terrible. This is why we struggled so badly in the long league season. When our first 11 weren't available, were tired or were off form the guys who were waiting in the wings were hopeless.

Thankfully Danny has realised this and has punted the majority of them, hopefully Guy will be next out the door. What he needs to do now is fill the bench and squad with players who are capable of pushing the guys in the first team and of providing adequate back up. He failed to do that last season, that's why we finished 11th. If he fails to do that again, he will not be the St Mirren manager this time next year. Simple.

Over to you Danny boy!

One of the main reasons for our god awful SPL form last season was how rubbish our squad was.

I thought you kept telling us last season that we had a great squad which was stronger than most of the other SPL teams' squads and we should have been finishing well into the top 6 with the vast array of players that our under-achieving manager had at his disposal?

I thought you kept telling us last season that we had a great squad which was stronger than most of the other SPL teams' squads and we should have been finishing well into the top 6 with the vast array of players that our under-achieving manager had at his disposal?

1-11 we were excellent. 12-22 we were rubbish. Had Danny managed the squad better and gave less game time to rubbish like Imrie, Guy, Robertson and Carey we would have finished higher up the league, alas he never.

1-11 we were excellent. 12-22 we were rubbish. Had Danny managed the squad better and gave less game time to rubbish like Imrie, Guy, Robertson and Carey we would have finished higher up the league, alas he never.

Its called squad rotation and its part of the reason we won the League cup. It keeps the players fresh and reduces the risk of injury,