Danny Says No More Signings

Where have you been hiding? I've broke all our dealings/signings exclusively on here. I have a club mole plus very very good friends within the media and sport,I'm what we say "in the know"

I have a number of followers on here whom I PM information to,if you would like to "join" drop me a PM.

You could not forecast your period

I think "superior" is a little strong...even for a personal opinion. Given the choice...I reckon the majority percentage of people would feel more secure with Barr in defence than "Cheesy" or Mair. McGregor has indeed showed quite some promise before his injury, will be good to see him get a full season behind him...McGregor and Barr would have been the best pairing IMO of the 4 candidates in question.

In terms of the debate as to whether we should sign players or go with what we have...I really think that given the relative strength of the other sides that we should be fine...do I think that this is overly prudent...yes, but given the financial crippling of the game in recent times I'm happy to go with it for now...could be over optimistic of course, however I think the fact that we have our primary objective as financial stability cannot really be argued against.

On the other hand...the view that we were in a position to make real progress in the league given the revenue from our cup run, from Tv revenue, the wages we freed up...we can't disagree with that either. All things considered, it didn't necessarily need to be a considerable gamble to make the most of the opportunity we all sensed at the end of the 2012/13 campaign.

Assuming that DL had sufficient foresight, and his plan of going with youth was always the objective...we MUST question why certain players were not afforded game time towards the end of 2012/13.

My suspicion is that this was not the plan of DL, and that he was given assurances of a budget relative to our success last year...I think that this changed upon the deduction of 15 points for hearts, and the introduction of the financial relegation buffer payment...I think the BOD have essentially bottled it, bottled it from what was, at this time, maybe our best opportunity to climb the league standings.

Do I think they warrant criticism...I'll tell you at the end of 2013/14...maybe at Christmas...my opinion today is that it would be hypocritical in the extreme if we were to go too far in objecting to a prudent approach given that we have been more than hasty in scrutinising the financial flamboyancy of others. I would rather be us, doing what we are doing now, than be Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone etc.

There is unquestionably a huge part of me however that feels as though, this pre-season has been a glorious opportunity to really go for it, however I feel that it may be too late to switch our outlook again, because those players that we could have snapped up quickly, who we would have needed to snap up quickly, have already possibly been signed elsewhere, we switched off and now we must stick.

I do maintain that the squad we have now is good enough to survive the drop, ironically I don't think Hearts will be the ones propping up the table but that is irrelevant. If we do have a bad year and struggle then this opinion will have proven to be blind optimism...if we survive easily and finish bottom six...I will probably wonder what could have been...If we breach the top six with our current squad...It will be my best season as a saints fan yet!

It would be a f**king miracle if we got top six with this squad theres no chance in hell we will be top six .

Just look at when Dortmund signed Paul lambert! That was based on 2 matches against Motherwell. Not as if the whole of Germany knew anything about him before that match

Dortmund signed Lambert after a successful trial - it wasn't just based on two games.

It's my opinion, which as the baldy webmaster likes to remind us, is what it's all about.

Don't be so naive to think that a Scotland cap is a sign of being any good. I was at that draw with Northern Ireland. Barr was a good prospect at Falkirk which is why he got into the squad for a friendly. He has not, IMO, lived up to expectations at Hearts.

I maintain that Barr wouldn't get into our first XI. Would you play him in central defence? If so, who out of McGregor, Cheesy or Mair isn't even making the squad? Or would you drop Goodwin?

At best Barr would be on the bench, and there's no way St. Mirren will pay the kind of money Barr will be after for a back-up player.

Everyones entitled to their opinion indeed. I could say in my opinion Dougie Imrie is better than Edison Cavani, but without facts to back it up, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

On that note, if we were to conduct a fact based analysis of the four players you mentioned careers, i'm sure you'd agree that no matter how you look at it, Darren Barr has had the best career of the group. If your opinion differs from the facts, fair enough.

I'd have had Barr as our first choice defender with Cheesy along side him. Mair isn't in the managers plans - as he's been told. Goodwin is more effective as a holding midfielder and McGregor simply cannot be depended on given his injury record.

Alas, this is all pointless conjecture. Like Easton, Saunders, Gordon and numerous other potential targets this summer, he's away to one of our rivals. Apparently our managers defensive master plan is to rely on the return to fitness of Barron and McGregor. Both of whom have spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch in the last couple of years. A massive gamble indeed.

Everyones entitled to their opinion indeed. I could say in my opinion Dougie Imrie is better than Edison Cavani, but without facts to back it up, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

On that note, if we were to conduct a fact based analysis of the four players you mentioned careers, i'm sure you'd agree that no matter how you look at it, Darren Barr has had the best career of the group. If your opinion differs from the facts, fair enough.

I'd have had Barr as our first choice defender with Cheesy along side him. Mair isn't in the managers plans - as he's been told. Goodwin is more effective as a holding midfielder and McGregor simply cannot be depended on given his injury record.

Alas, this is all pointless conjecture. Like Easton, Saunders, Gordon and numerous other potential targets this summer, he's away to one of our rivals. Apparently our managers defensive master plan is to rely on the return to fitness of Barron and McGregor. Both of whom have spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch in the last couple of years. A massive gamble indeed.

A season of Unprecedented opportunity.

As predicated, didn't take long to show how much of a joke that thread was. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You have done almost nothing but undermine the manager and the club since this ludicrous thread was thought up.

You come up with a negative on almost everything you can muster, it really is hilarious.

If you put more effort into looking for some positives you would be more of a supporter than you are at the moment, simply someone who turns up and thinks that's sufficient.

You are not alone with this thought process, this forum is awash with negativity, simply unbelievable at times.

No decent supporter thinks we are possible league winners, even unlikely we can win a major cup, again, but to continually post negative views shows your undeniable attempts to undermine the manager and the club.

Shocking. thumbdown.gif

A season of Unprecedented opportunity.

As predicated, didn't take long to show how much of a joke that thread was. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You have done almost nothing but undermine the manager and the club since this ludicrous thread was thought up.

You come up with a negative on almost everything you can muster, it really is hilarious.

If you put more effort into looking for some positives you would be more of a supporter than you are at the moment, simply someone who turns up and thinks that's sufficient.

You are not alone with this thought process, this forum is awash with negativity, simply unbelievable at times.

No decent supporter thinks we are possible league winners, even unlikely we can win a major cup, again, but to continually post negative views shows your undeniable attempts to undermine the manager and the club.

Shocking. thumbdown.gif

Jeez, what a ramble of word salad. Let me sum it up for you. I was optimistic 6 weeks ago when i started that thread, i'm not now. The reason for the dip in my optimism is how poor a preseason we've had when contrasted with other clubs.

Jeez, what a ramble of word salad. Let me sum it up for you. I was optimistic 6 weeks ago when i started that thread, i'm not now. The reason for the dip in my optimism is how poor a preseason we've had when contrasted with other clubs.

Yes, and it was easily predictable that you were talking propaganda 6 weeks ago and are now showing your true colours......................someone who will dig to find a negative at every opportunity.

Shame.

Yes, and it was easily predictable that you were talking propaganda 6 weeks ago and are now showing your true colours......................someone who will dig to find a negative at every opportunity.

Shame.

Let me get this straight one more time. Positive and optimistic = propaganda and undermining the manager. Pessimistic = undermining the manager.

Is this my agenda? lol.gifbangin.gif

Night night auld yin, when it gets to this time of night your posting really does go down hill bye1.gif

Let me get this straight one more time. Positive and optimistic = propaganda and undermining the manager. Pessimistic = undermining the manager.

Is this my agenda? lol.gifbangin.gif

Night night auld yin, when it gets to this time of night your posting really does go down hill bye1.gif

Let me get this straight......................we're top 6 then we're not within 6 weeks?

Night night Casper, see through is so last season. bye1.gif

Ian Ure played in 2 Manchester derbies in the 6 months prior to joining St. Mirren?

How did he manage that when he didn't make any league appearances in the entire season before he arrived at Love Street? lol.gif:

Agree that Darren Barr is shite however. He's a modern day Roddy Manley! lol.gif:

Did you check cup competitions too ?

My knickers are starting to seap, it's only 2 weeks away from the start of the season and we still need a striker and a left back. Even getting guys in now doesn't give much opportunity to settle before the big kick off.

Why are we waiting so long to get players on board, Danny identified the guys he wanted at the end of the season, I assume he wasn't only referring to 2 keepers and harkins.

I think if we go with what we have just now we will maybe scrape 10th but it really is time to try and push on, we are established in the spl and need to show ambition to progress

I think if we go with what we have just now we will maybe scrape 10th but it really is time to try and push on, we are established in the spl and need to show ambition to progress

Maybe save a few bob this season for a big push next year or till January at least.

Why overspend when there's no need to.

Although having a proper left back really should be a must.

Ktf

we all know ex players and managers and they all spout rumours on a daily basis , they get commission from agents if they help move players

I have no mole but I am in and out of the club premises 2/3 times a week and my information is

WE ARE SIGNING NO ONE

we all know ex players and managers and they all spout rumours on a daily basis , they get commission from agents if they help move players

I have no mole but I am in and out of the club premises 2/3 times a week and my information is

WE ARE SIGNING NO ONE

Who does he play for and is he a left back or forward?

WE ARE SIGNING NO ONE

Do you know Jimbo Whitezo,Ramandzo etc.......? I suspect not.

Not to mention my club mole, players are coming.

WE ARE SIGNING NO ONE

Oh well the club can't complain about the lack of crowds coming to games. It works both ways

Maybe save a few bob this season for a big push next year or till January at least.

Why overspend when there's no need to.

Although having a proper left back really should be a must.

Ktf

I certainly don't want us to over spend, I just feel that with the number of players moved on and the cup win, there should be income there to have sorted things out by now.

If we are cutting the cloth then that is fine, but how far do we go? We had a small squad last year that come the end of the season was completely shattered and in some games offered very little, my fear is that if we go into the season with a smaller squad with less quality this year then it is going to be a hard slog.

It is just getting more and more frustrating seeing teams with similar budgets achieving great league positions while we keep slogging it out at the foot of the table.

Easton? A fat waster who managed 3 games for Burnley, nearly chucked football to become a brickie and was crap for Dundee.

Saunders? A decent player , but horrendously injury prone. Most 'Well fans didn't bat an eyelid when he left.

Gordon? Great the first time for Killie, but was decidedly average the second time. He's then spent the rest of his time being loaned to other clubs and being sent back to his parent clubs because he couldn't get a game.

I'll not be losing any sleep because we've "missed out" on any of these players.

Also, could you highlight the numerous other potential targets that we should be trying to sign, that would improve our squad and at a cost we can afford?

Edited by FTOF

Did you check cup competitions too ?

There were no Manchester derbies in any cup competitions the season before Ure joined St. Mirren.

Ian Ure was done long before he arrived at Love Street.

Good article:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/spiers-on-saturday-ure-went-weak-at-the-knees-but-only-after-he-stood-up-to-spain.21352020

Edited by Isabella Duke