Danny Says No More Signings

If they genuinely were better options we would not have let them go.

We've lost first choices Samson, Goncalves, Newton & Dummett plus squad players Carey, Guy, Parkin & Imrie.

Samson has been replaced so that is that box ticked.

Harkins could be said to be the replacement for Carey & Imrie. Brady may also get a chance.

McGregor is maybe the replacement for Newton with possibly Robertson getting a chance.

Dummett's possible replacements are Kelly & Yaqub (maybe Barron as well).

However, there is nobody on the staff who comes near to Goncalves and Parkin was ideal cover for Thompson.

If Lennon can pull something out the bag to replace Goncalves then the squad will be fine. I suspect he will be working on a loan deal there.

But, as I keep saying, the downfall will still be the tactics. If we keep fannying about at the back - and we will - will are going to struggle.

Still havn't got cover for Thommo! We have no left back at the club! Looks like Naismith & Kelly, 2 centre halves will be covering at full back. Really concerned and hope that Danny Shankly has something up his sleeve as that squad as it stands is nowhere near good enough

Well, prove me and other forum members wrong by replying to our PMs. I'm giving you the opportunity to prove me wrong and will offer an apology if you do?

Here here! lovestreet has pm'd me but not actually mentioned any names all he said was that something would be happening , now prove us all wrong lovestreet and pm us the names ???

If you tell everyone its not a secret is itwhistling.gif

Lovestreet is on the right lines but i think most of us are still fishing for the Striker's name. Thats because there a few irons in the fire and it depends on who newcastle are willing load out to us where we spend the money. (not signings free agents but you know what I mean).

Who's to say the current squad won't finish top 6. No one knows whats going to happen as we are still 2 weeks away from a ball being kicked in anger. Any squad cannot be judged 2 weeks BEFORE a season starts ffs ! Lets reserve judgement until we have played each team at least once by which time the squad will have been finalized and will have started to bed down. The weather may be bone dry but as usual this place is wringing.

I agree with you mate. However I do feel that we need a replacement for Isma up front. Thompson needs a wee pacey guy to support him. That might be Riley but wouldn't want to reassure him too much.

I agree with you mate. However I do feel that we need a replacement for Isma up front. Thompson needs a wee pacey guy to support him. That might be Riley but wouldn't want to reassure him too much.

We need a replacement for isma and a back up striker for thommo at least. We really should have another striker in addition to that!

Here here! lovestreet has pm'd me but not actually mentioned any names all he said was that something would be happening , now prove us all wrong lovestreet and pm us the names ???

I have the distinct feeling that this poster whom is known to us in the world of this very forum as "Lovestreet" is perhaps not the type of person I would readily furnish with my credit card details.

In my day they were know as "fly by nights".

Who's to say the current squad won't finish top 6. No one knows whats going to happen as we are still 2 weeks away from a ball being kicked in anger. Any squad cannot be judged 2 weeks BEFORE a season starts ffs ! Lets reserve judgement until we have played each team at least once by which time the squad will have been finalized and will have started to bed down. The weather may be bone dry but as usual this place is wringing.

The current squad have good players but no depth. In winter away at tannadice with thommo injured is Reilly the main man to lead the line. I am sorry but factor in injury or suspension and we have absolutely no chance. The squad is one of the weakest in the league - bookies have us as one of the faves for the drop

Edited by norrie82

We've lost first choices Samson, Goncalves, Newton & Dummett plus squad players Carey, Guy, Parkin & Imrie.

Samson has been replaced so that is that box ticked.

Harkins could be said to be the replacement for Carey & Imrie. Brady may also get a chance.

McGregor is maybe the replacement for Newton with possibly Robertson getting a chance.

Dummett's possible replacements are Kelly & Yaqub (maybe Barron as well).

However, there is nobody on the staff who comes near to Goncalves and Parkin was ideal cover for Thompson.

If Lennon can pull something out the bag to replace Goncalves then the squad will be fine. I suspect he will be working on a loan deal there.

But, as I keep saying, the downfall will still be the tactics. If we keep fannying about at the back - and we will - will are going to struggle.

Sorry to keep being real but Robertson has not got it. He will not play and should be moved on. The squads far too thin

I've spoke to LoveRoad's gran, and she has slept with our next signing.

This guy prefers the over 80s and he's not going to Chelsea.

I've said enough.

PM me and I'll send you his initials, W.R., as a clue only, as I've promised Moyes not to say more.

Norwegian football is not what it used to be. Rosenborg's success was based on a couple of things. 1/ a truely outstanding manager, 2/reinvesting their winnings from the champions league, 3/buying the best local talent and moving it on when the time was right.

they no longer have 1, 2 and have to compete with other Norwegian and more international teams for 3.

Having said that, I would not be too confident that St J will get through the tie.

But regardless you may as well have said I notice Hibs were shite last night, expect to have an easy season1eye.gif

Oh dear. If that's going to keep Barron out again for awhile then Lennon will definitely need to bring in a left back.

Don't know why we kept him anyway, Barron is never going to be the answer to our left back problem. He would struggle to get into a 2nd div team on his favoured right side! Edited by Big Yards