Trip To Dumfries.

To say we won the cup despite Danny Lennon is a joke.

Who brought in goncalves, Newton and dummett? it could be argued without them we would not have won the cup. This was all down to the manager! Had you ever heard of any of these players before? Didn't think so but our management team were on the case and know a player when they see one.

Gus couldn't lace Danny's boots in terms of forward play, team spirit and a passion for the club he is managing. He was a selfish wee man who only had 0-0 in his head before every game! don't know why you lot all worship him so much!

Edited by Big Yards

Who brought in goncalves, Newton and dummett? it could be argued without them we would not have won the cup. This was all down to the manager! Had you ever heard of any of these players before? Didn't think so but our management team were on the case and know a player when they see one.

Gus couldn't lace Danny's boots in terms of forward play, team spirit and a passion for the club he is managing. He was a selfish wee man who only had 0-0 in his head before every game! don't know why you lot all worship him so much!

What a post!!

And yet they continue to stick by Marc McAusland and David Van Zanten bangin.gif

The stuff about best points tally / best league position in past 2 decades, etc is a bit disinegenuous.

Danny Lennon inherited his position at St. Mirren from a manager who had also just achieved the club's best tally / league position in 2 decades!

The fact is that Lennon has been here 3 seasons and last season finished as the 10th placed non Old Firm club - equalling our worst top flight showing in 25 years!

Yes we won the League Cup. That was amazing. But we did it despite the manager. It was a fluke. Our league record shows the real ability of Danny Lennon.

The fact is that neither Lennon nor Tommy Craig know what they are doing!

Hahaha

"The big concern was the lack of hunger and that was addressed at half-time"

I hoped the Players enjoyed their pie.

Now. I'm not usually a pedant but surely he would have had to make them spew to create hunger?

What actually happened is the players made the fans feel a bit sick! whistling.gif

Edited by stlucifer

"The big concern was the lack of hunger and that was addressed at half-time"

Now. I'm not usually a pedant but surely he would have had to make them spew to create hunger?

What actually happened is the players made the fans feel a bit sick! whistling.gif

They had a pie before the game, hence the hunger wasnt there in the first half.

At half time tommy Craig got out his Jamie Oliver recipe book and started reading out some of the recipes.

Danny Lennon then started showing the players pictures of nice big juicy steaks.

By this point, the players were well and truly hungry again and were ready for the second half.....duh.

They had a pie before the game, hence the hunger wasnt there in the first half.

At half time tommy Craig got out his Jamie Oliver recipe book and started reading out some of the recipes.

Danny Lennon then started showing the players pictures of nice big juicy steaks.

By this point, the players were well and truly hungry again and were ready for the second half.....duh.

Clearly a recipe for disaster!

They were destroyed down the flank.

Gave the game on a plate to the opposition.

Were well and truly shanked.

And... CHUCKed it!

Oh. Forgot to add.

They made a pigs ear out of it!

Double duh!bangin.gifholiday.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Clearly a recipe for disaster!

They were destroyed down the flank.

Gave the game on a plate to the opposition.

Were well and truly shanked.

And... CHUCKed it!

Oh. Forgot to add.

They made a pigs ear out of it!

Double duh!bangin.gifholiday.gif

Dear God make it stop. Please.

I'm always interested in how the opposition have performed against St. Mirren. Danny Lennon likes to say that it helps to "see where we are at this moment in time."

I can't comment on the match against Queen Of The South F.C. from the other evening as I was not there and I only went on the online text reports on the official Queen Of The South website and the newspaper reports about it. They suggested Queens deserved their win - fair enough.

I was at the game against Greenock Morton and as I said in that match day thread, in my opinion they fully deserved their win. I thought their overall game plan was good and they stuck to it well. Once they took the lead again just after half-time they even started to grow in confidence after that and knocked the ball about well.

So, yes, I personally am interested in how the opposition plays. Other people on here may not be. Yes, you could say that Queens and Morton having the Challenge Cup matches this weekend could have been a factor in their performances as they would want to impress their respective Managers in order to gain a place in the starting eleven but our players should be doing exactly the same thing! As I referred to earlier - Managers like Neil Lennon, Derek McInnes etc. do not like losing any game and I'm quite certain that as well as making that clear on the television and in the newspapers, they will be making it even clearer to their playing staff in their dressing rooms. I have never, ever heard Neil Lennon say something like "this result this afternoon/tonight shows us where we are at in this moment and time." I realise that by saying that, I'm leaving myself open to someone now coming on and posting an example of where he did say that - fair enough if they do - but until now I've never heard or read that he was quoted as saying such a thing. I have heard him and read him being annoyed at the attitude of his players for lack of professionalism etc., even for friendly matches.

No issues with anything you've said there. It is interesting how other managers portray their team's performances and how openly critical they are.

I can't say an awful lot in terms of detrimental criticism of Danny, but then I wasn't a critic of Gus either. We have gone from one extreme to the other with effectively defensive turning to attacking football. Whilst there was only a very thin line between League Cup success and defeat I have to be honest and say I prefer the success and attacking football.

My gripe is with those who are entrenched in their criticism of our management team and use every effort to deride them. I'm on the patient side and think 3 years, regardless of Danny being the 3rd longest serving manager in the SPFL Premiership, is not long enough to see a manager's vision coming to complete fruition with his team. As long as relegation is not on the cards and ultimately there is an improvement on the field I have no wish to see Danny leave.

Others may claim to have inside information, talk of internal strife and how clueless they feel our manager is but I don't have any reason to agree with any of these. He has conducted himself with the utmost integrity and demonstrated dignity and compassion for our club at every turn despite the open criticism of his performance. He has delivered a National Trophy. Yet still some want more or failing that change.

Perhaps Danny should be more openly critical of the team when necessary but maybe that's not his way and who knows what is said in the post match debrief...

I definitely am towards the 'happy clapper' side but I'm open to constructive debate about his performance. I think top flight survival with a National Trophy, some encouraging youth players coming though (McGinn being the stand out) and the spine of the team remaining from last year points towards a successful season regardless of the preseason results.

If 5-10 games into the season we are winless then that's different but Danny has done a good job so far and hopefully stability and the time for him to guide the development the club will put us in a far better position a year or two down the line.

Sorry for 'War and Peace' in reply. I hope it makes sense.