Grasping Celbs Exposed

Her co-star Houston, tweeted: “Well I’ve slept in my bracelet and I’ve sprayed my face several times. Thank you so much I love them!”

Sprayed her face eh? How often have I had that dream?

Why? It's what they do, ffs. In the acting game you take what you can get 'cos you might not get any more tomorrow, or the next day, or ....................................... !! A pal of mine lived next door to a weel kent Scottish actor and I met him several times. He had three regular sources of income - a small part in a scottish soap, a voice over for a scottish beer and the panto. They paid the mortgage, school costs for his kids and an annual family holiday. The rest of the year was spent hoping for work - and he was quite famous at the time. There was also a guy from school who got a big break with a lead role in a big movie in the 70's. Got it made everybody thought, till you see his CV and didn't appear to work from 1985 to 2005. Don't envy these people one bit and don't see the point of journalists conning them? Journalists - now they are the scum of the earth. Lying, cheating, phone-hacking bassas. spudnikconfounded.gif

Why? It's what they do, ffs. In the acting game you take what you can get 'cos you might not get any more tomorrow, or the next day, or ....................................... !! A pal of mine lived next door to a weel kent Scottish actor and I met him several times. He had three regular sources of income - a small part in a scottish soap, a voice over for a scottish beer and the panto. They paid the mortgage, school costs for his kids and an annual family holiday. The rest of the year was spent hoping for work - and he was quite famous at the time. There was also a guy from school who got a big break with a lead role in a big movie in the 70's. Got it made everybody thought, till you see his CV and didn't appear to work from 1985 to 2005. Don't envy these people one bit and don't see the point of journalists conning them? Journalists - now they are the scum of the earth. Lying, cheating, phone-hacking bassas. spudnikconfounded.gif

Yeah - I don't get the point of the sting either.

Do people really believe that Davina McCall spends her Friday nights washing in some DIY hair dye product? Do they really believe that Holly Willoughby - worth £10m apparently - shops at Very? Do people really believe that drinking Pepsi will turn you into a Messi or a Beckham? If the consumer wasn't so stupid advertising agencies would stop offering celebrities huge sums of money to promote their product - but while the money is there who can really blame the celebrities for taking the money.

Yeah - I don't get the point of the sting either.

Do people really believe that Davina McCall spends her Friday nights washing in some DIY hair dye product? Do they really believe that Holly Willoughby - worth £10m apparently - shops at Very? Do people really believe that drinking Pepsi will turn you into a Messi or a Beckham? If the consumer wasn't so stupid advertising agencies would stop offering celebrities huge sums of money to promote their product - but while the money is there who can really blame the celebrities for taking the money.

Yes there is an element of people out there who are so fundamentally thick that they really deserve everything they get if they buy something only because Beckham promotes it. It beggars belief that anyone would buy a "healing bracelet". Seriously FFS people. These are probably the same people who use Chinese lanterns. I am often misunderstood when I say I genuinely have no regards for most people. It's not the people themselves. It's the combination of a lack of desire to think anything through, their "f**k everyone, I'll do what I like" attitude and their willingness to verbally abuse anyone who does stop to think things through. BTW if there's anyone on here releasing Chinese lanterns I'm intruiged as to whether you either don't understand that flames burn stuff and the residual metal pollutes or that you simply don't give a flying f**k as long as your bird/kids/wife gets her "dream present".

There are two categories who need protecting though.

Firstly a lot of kids are easily influenced by these bastards and need protecting. Sadly we have a generation of parents who think they are favouring their kids by giving them whatever they ask for.

Secondly there are a lot of adults out there who are vulnerable with learning difficulties. These people also need protecting.

As for the stars whoring themselves to the highest bidder? Good luck to them but they should have the decency to at least understand what they are advertising and check it out first. Failure to do that risks them being humiliated like these girls.

Edited by oaksoft

Puttana Aziendale LOL

Here is an interesting article from the BBC, with a possible explanation for why we pay so much attention to what celebrities do.

"Viewpoint: Did our brains evolve to foolishly follow celebrities?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23046602

I have one big problem with this point of view. There is absolutely no comparison between Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther King, Albert Einstein and the majority of today's "celebrities" who have never had an original thought in their lives.

I can also say that the only reason that I opened this thread was to find out what Celbs were! whistling.gif

Yes there is an element of people out there who are so fundamentally thick that they really deserve everything they get if they buy something only because Beckham promotes it. It beggars belief that anyone would buy a "healing bracelet". Seriously FFS people. These are probably the same people who use Chinese lanterns. I am often misunderstood when I say I genuinely have no regards for most people. It's not the people themselves. It's the combination of a lack of desire to think anything through, their "f**k everyone, I'll do what I like" attitude and their willingness to verbally abuse anyone who does stop to think things through. BTW if there's anyone on here releasing Chinese lanterns I'm intruiged as to whether you either don't understand that flames burn stuff and the residual metal pollutes or that you simply don't give a flying f**k as long as your bird/kids/wife gets her "dream present".

There are two categories who need protecting though.

Firstly a lot of kids are easily influenced by these bastards and need protecting. Sadly we have a generation of parents who think they are favouring their kids by giving them whatever they ask for.

Secondly there are a lot of adults out there who are vulnerable with learning difficulties. These people also need protecting.

As for the stars whoring themselves to the highest bidder? Good luck to them but they should have the decency to at least understand what they are advertising and check it out first. Failure to do that risks them being humiliated like these girls.

Aye we should all be terrified of the effects of these Chinese lanterns as the skys above Paisley are teeming with them. FFS what a drama queen.

Oh well if it said it in the news it must be true then eh?. Surely a man of your clearly superior intelect is capable of forming his own opinions outside of what the news tells him. The bottom line is ranting about Chinese lanterns to fellow forum members is a new low even for you. You can try and justify it by any means you like but you took it too far.

Oh well if it said it in the news it must be true then eh?. Surely a man of your clearly superior intelect is capable of forming his own opinions outside of what the news tells him. The bottom line is ranting about Chinese lanterns to fellow forum members is a new low even for you. You can try and justify it by any means you like but you took it too far.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the video footage? Do you think that fire was faked by the BBC to get a story?

?

Genuinely, you've lost me here. There's footage of a a Chinese lantern starting a huge, f**k off, fire and you're saying it's faked and the BBC are making it up for some kind of environmental, brainwashing type.......thing? Seriously?

?

Genuinely, you've lost me here. There's footage of a a Chinese lantern starting a huge, f**k off, fire and you're saying it's faked and the BBC are making it up for some kind of environmental, brainwashing type.......thing? Seriously?

I'm totally lost as well. So much so that I re-read the entire thread to see if I'd missed someting but I came up a blank.