Doncaster Appointed Spfl Chief

Gilmour has been good for St Mirren in many respects, but let's not kid ourselves here.

He slated the SFL clubs when they opted not to permit sevco entry to the 1st Division, and that was a sickening act of buck passing. I sat and listened to his Doncaster - fuelled 'end of the world' chat in the board room at SMP, and that was all about commercial revenues. It left a very bad taste with me, though I accept I was very much in the minority in that respect.

Akin with the vast majority of club chairmen, SG has demonstrated that he would lift his skirt for a few extra quid. Make of that what you will, but folk shouldn't be blind to the reality.

I agree, Drew, that SG didn't come out of Armageddongate exactly smelling of roses but I think he has been playing a straight bat since. When it comes to selling the club it remains to be seen what happens. I like to think he'll be careful who he sells to but if they get offered something way over the top could you blame him selling even if he had a few reservations? I would still like to know how the whole Armageddon business came about. There have been a few believable theories but unless I've missed it, no proper explanation.

The people blinkered by hatred of the OF worry me more than anything SG has done. He has made mistakes who hasn't, but by God he has got more things right than wrong. Pity some people like to pick up on the negatives.

Who else would be done a better job than he has.

Rick you are quite correct. 42 clubs is over the top.

I completely forgot about all those small clubs like East Stirling who have never over spent.

It's probably about 20 clubs who have engaged in this behaviour repeatedly over the years.

At least 20 have engaged in what amounts to financial doping. As for Gilmour? Not that long ago we lost our home due to historic unsustainable debt but we were still buying good enough players to make the SPL when other teams had to watch us do it. No way am I applauding that whilst condemning Rangers/Hearts. What did he initially desperately spend an evening trying to persuade our fans to do about Rangers and why?

Despite agreeing that a 16 team league would be best, what has he repeatedly voted for and why?

Money money money money money.

It's all a seedy grab for money amongst all of these guys and for what?

What exactly is football about at the top end?

If I give these guys £10 million each what do you expect they'll do with it?

What about £100 million each?

Where does it all end and what is the point?

They'll just give it to more guys like Lee Mair. Is that really what fans want?

Any money in the game should be getting ploughed back into grassroots as said above but it isn't and it's the chairmen of those top 20 clubs who created this total shitstorm.

Very much this. Spot on!