Doncaster Appointed Spfl Chief

What Drew said - words fail me. Why wasn't the job advertised to have any new external applicants come forward? Aren't there laws about this sort of thing? We need Zurich Allan... Or maybe he's still where I saw him last - digging increasingly bigger holes in one of Old Ranfurly's bunkers.

We should organise a search and rescue party!

Edited by pozbaird

Last year Doncaster either had no conception of any ramifications from the temporary death of Rangers or he lied to his back teeth. He's clearly a tosser and should have been out of his job last year. The fact that he isn't again begs the question did he do and say what he was told by the SPL chairmen? Are they really all behind him? If so, it beggars belief.

Can I remind all posters on this thread that the UK has pretty strong libel laws. Remember he is an employee and does not act without the full approval / support of his employers, who are obviously more than happy with his performance. To quote Father Dougal - "Careful Now".

So this bright new dawn for Scottish football is now crystal clear. More of the same that has been driving fans away from the game headed (on paper at least) by a nobody who has zero credibility with the majority of fans, has at best misled the customers numerous times (Armageddon, the only thing that will work is a 10 team league, it has to be 8-8-8 or football will die) has been condescending towards the customers (we have to educate the fans) and totally failed to listen to their point of view. And what changes have actually been made to the setup ? We have one league structure and a play off position for the top flight, and well, err that's about it really.

Deckchairs, titanic, rearranging, the, on.

Things just took an almighty turn for the worse. We as fans surely have to act? The vast majority of the 'customers' of this 'brand' that Doncaster is about to lead in the same way he led the SPL - like Forrest Gump with a square velvet coo heid - patently don't want him anywhere near it. He's f**ked up the SPL, so is the plan for him to f**k up the SPFL as well? I really don't understand the thinking behind appointing this f**king balloon of a man.

#DoncasterOut

Let's put this into context.

This is the man who stated that the 888 system was the ONLY option available, and the only one that would work for the game in this country. Nothing else was on the table, and nothing else could be.

Indeed, not only was it the sole option, but it had to be pushed through there and then, or the game was a bogey.

So....that option was blown out of the water, and, as if by magic, another proposal is on the table. By this time, Doncaster was so discredited, that he should have been counting himself lucky to get a gig punting dodgy scarves at the gates of Hampden (even then, I wouldn't permit him to be within 500 miles of the place). Anyone with an ounce of personal and professional integrity would have resigned his post at this point - before he was sacked from it! But no, it seems he is the man to head up the new system that, by his own reasoning, could and should never have come into existence. Seriously?

Edited by Drew

It was a 2 horse race ....The favourite fell at Mason Brooke .....I have read only one comment of endorsement for Neil Doncaster from an SPL chairman. "He is doing a great job" Peter Lawwell. Campel Ogilvie has of coarse already won his leadership battle where he came in both first and second in a tight race despite admitting he was/is unable to do his job due to being the main cause for the fcuk up in the first place. £95,000 or was it £150,000? ach who cares. The stark reality is the events which took place last year (ie boycott) will not happen again.....Some will just walk away and we will see a much reduced attendance for the new season.( this will be blamed on Rangers not being in the top league) There must be some reason we don't know about but to be honest I don't care ....All our clubs are with these appointments ....I will take my kids to a few games next season but never again buy a season ticket when we endorse this nonsense.... and when Rangers come back I am out for good. Nothing personal against some of my good friends who support the club...Just more of what has been created by our powers that be when they come for revenge. Frankensteins monster is an SFA/SPL creation and it didn't have to be that way....A great chance missed!

It was a 2 horse race ....The favourite fell at Mason Brooke .....I have read only one comment of endorsement for Neil Doncaster from an SPL chairman. "He is doing a great job" Peter Lawwell. Campel Ogilvie has of coarse already won his leadership battle where he came in both first and second in a tight race despite admitting he was/is unable to do his job due to being the main cause for the fcuk up in the first place. £95,000 or was it £150,000? ach who cares. The stark reality is the events which took place last year (ie boycott) will not happen again.....Some will just walk away and we will see a much reduced attendance for the new season.( this will be blamed on Rangers not being in the top league) There must be some reason we don't know about but to be honest I don't care ....All our clubs are with these appointments ....I will take my kids to a few games next season but never again buy a season ticket when we endorse this nonsense.... and when Rangers come back I am out for good. Nothing personal against some of my good friends who support the club...Just more of what has been created by our powers that be when they come for revenge. Frankensteins monster is an SFA/SPL creation and it didn't have to be that way....A great chance missed!

I respect your thoughts and opinion, me I'll just carry on supporting my club!!