Cb Radios & Your Handle

whydowebother

In the days before the Internet a good way of interacting was on your CB Radio and for me , that was back in the 80's.

A midland 80 channel , biscuit tin , dv27 , swa meter to get your 1.1 signal choose a handle head for channel 19 & break 19 a copy happy days & sometimes go mobile if you knew someone with a car and a mag-mount off upto car park in the sky :)

My handle was 'Majestic' which I just randomly chose out the racing section of the paper.

Did you have and use a CB ? If so what was your handle & was it a match for the Internet ?

I was "High tower" great memories,my local community centre used to run a CB Club and we occasionally had sellers in with their goods,remember buying a neon light for the top of my aerial. So easily pleased in those days.

Burning rubber and meeting Burds for eyeballs was a laugh,changed days now maybe for the better with web cams etc as you can see if she's a shot putter before an eyeball now!

I was "High tower" great memories,my local community centre used to run a CB Club and we occasionally had sellers in with their goods,remember buying a neon light for the top of my aerial. So easily pleased in those days.

Burning rubber and meeting Burds for eyeballs was a laugh,changed days now maybe for the better with web cams etc as you can see if she's a shot putter before an eyeball now!

How old were you then.

The 5 fingers in foxbar I remember my handle was noodle man...was a good laugh was there calling cards given out ? Or did I make that up

Sent from my HTC One V using Black & White Army mobile app

Lots of CB users had wee calling cards :) you would collect other people's and dish yours out happy days at the time

Was good going upto car park in sky if someone had a car otherwise my uncle lived in Herriot court signal was great :)