The Open 2013

faraway saint

I hope Woods never wins another major. There's nothing wrong with his golf game, but he's been fcuked in the brain ever since he was found to be a lying, cheating, Las Vegas cocktail waitress shagging two-timing lowlife bawbag. Shagging Las Vegas cocktail waitresses is bad enough, but there he was with the perfect wife and family, portraying himself with his big Nike deal and foundation as an all-American good guy, with a back story of battling racism along the way to reach the top. Lied to his family, lied to his caddy, lied to his sponsors.

Fcuk um'!

Edited by pozbaird

I hope Woods never wins another major. There's nothing wrong with his golf game, but he's been fcuked in the brain ever since he was found to be a lying, cheating, Las Vegas cocktail waitress shagging two-timing lowlife bawbag. Shagging Las Vegas cocktail waitresses is bad enough, but there he was with the perfect wife and family, portraying himself with his big Nike deal and foundation as an all-American good guy, with a back story of battling racism along the way to reach the top. Lied to his family, lied to his caddy, lied to his sponsors.

Fcuk um'!

Aye, but he always drove at the correct speed limit. whistling.gif

That's called covering your bets. thumbup2.gif

Sid used to be great at this. whistling.gif

My prediction is Woods :wink:

I'd take Colsaerts, Grace and Els each way. Hoping the Scottish guys do well is just me being a fanboy as opposed to a prediction!

Edited by Lex

My prediction is Woods wink.png

I'd take Colsaerts, Grace and Els each way. Hoping the Scottish guys do well is just me being a fanboy as opposed to a prediction!

That's better.

I've already stuck a small wager on Mickleson & McDowell. (22/1 each of them)

I'll wait till after the cut to see who's in a posiiton to make a run at it over the weekend.

Edited by faraway saint

I see it's £75 per day for each of the four days play. From experience I know it can entitle you to almost 12 hours a day watching golf, at least on the first two days. By the time you buy a few pints in The Open Arms and a burger if you can afford it, it's a dear duck. I think they will have to watch prices soon. TV will keep stumping up but will fans keep going in big numbers? I will go when I can afford it but it's getting hefty.

I see it's £75 per day for each of the four days play. From experience I know it can entitle you to almost 12 hours a day watching golf, at least on the first two days. By the time you buy a few pints in The Open Arms and a burger if you can afford it, it's a dear duck. I think they will have to watch prices soon. TV will keep stumping up but will fans keep going in big numbers? I will go when I can afford it but it's getting hefty.

Within reason The Open is a golden egg and will, IMO, never stop giving.

The majority of golfing fans have a reasonable disposable income so, again within reason, will continue to attend.

There is also a massive corporate input, falsely supporting any prices.

Check out the prices for next years Ryder Cup, these tickets will blow your socks off, mainly for the reason stated above.

You see much more on the TV, and can have a continual supply of cool drinks. thumbup2.gif

I used to go to the Scottish Open every year when it was at Loch Lomond, was a cracking day out. If The Open is like that alot of the crowd are corporate or sponsors in one way or t'other, i imagine the percentage paying full whack would be relatively small.