Time To Revive Community Ownership ?

div

we need access to the 8,000 email address s that the club have as part of the cup final ticket sales , we then ask if they would be willing to part with £400 to have a share in the fans buyout of the 52%, only then can we gauge if its possible

the uptake would have to be at least 35% to get it started ,then we could look at the possibility of local business people puting money in the pot.

can somebody take this on ,its just one email to go out and somebody to collate

then we proceed or shut up on this subject and wait for the consortium to sell to whoever they feel are fit and proper

we need access to the 8,000 email address s that the club have as part of the cup final ticket sales , we then ask if they would be willing to part with £400 to have a share in the fans buyout of the 52%, only then can we gauge if its possible

the uptake would have to be at least 35% to get it started ,then we could look at the possibility of local business people puting money in the pot.

then we proceed or shut up on this subject and wait for the consortium to sell to whoever they feel are fit and proper

8,000 e-mail address ? That being the case why is there not a personal message being sent out by SG & DL to entice potential supporters down to St Mirren Park with some kingd of ensentive. Lets get our bread and butter fixed first.

8,000 e-mail address ? That being the case why is there not a personal message being sent out by SG & DL to entice potential supporters down to St Mirren Park with some kingd of ensentive. Lets get our bread and butter fixed first.

every email you get ,they get,every update etc etc ,maybe they are waiting to see the 2 "signings" we keep hearing about

I bought my shares in the mid-90's when the club was in financial trouble as it was made clear that the money was going to benefit the club, I won't be joining any scheme to buy the consortium's shares.

Div asked that we not re-open any old wounds on this thread but I lost most of the respect that I had for the BoD over the course of failed takeover by 10000hours, if the consortium can find a buyer for their shares then fair-do's but either way I don't care greatly and don't want to hear any more about the offers they've turned down.

Actually I can't let it go - my major disagreement with the 10000hours takeover were the enhanced packages to businesses which were just hospitality under a different name and IMO robbing the club to pay the consortium. If we were to go down that road again I think I'd just walk away from the club

Edited by Bud the Baker

Personally I think this thread is a sad commentary on the state of the club. With 52% of shares bonded together for sale to a single majority shareholder you would think there would be some alarm, especially since majority shareholders at other SPL clubs have brought about huge debt, administration and even liquidation. But no. At St Mirren the support are all standing around hoping that someone with a bit of money will stump up the cash for those shares and they trust Gilmour and Co to ensure they don't get "duped" into selling to the wrong person despite the obvious conflict of interest.

For all the online posturing not one willing leader has emerged. No-one apparently has enough love for the club to put themselves forward, and a major reason for that is because they know that if they do there will be a pack of hyenas waiting to smear them at every turn. Even the two groups that are supposed to represent "fans" of the club aren't interested or capable of galvanising the support to make a bid. And all this despite the fact that Richard Atkinson and 10000hours managed to garner enough support to put together a bid even though the plan was deemed flawed by many.

I'd like to see someone revisit the initial plan for the CIC and stick to the pure principles that were initially outlined, with one member one vote - no elevated voting rights for any individual and with room for a community membership with clearly defined benefits in return for a membership fee. There shouldn't be any need for grants from any source, cause 52% of a business that doesn't turn a profit isn't worth much at all.

Agree with a lot of this. I am really surprised that in the ten months since 10000hours wrapped up the bid that there appears to be no appetite from either SMiSA or the Fans Council to benefit from a lot of the good work that was done in getting 10000hours to the position of placing a seven figure bid for control of the club.

Not having a go at either organisation, maybe both just feel the asking price puts it out of reach or they just got put off by 10000hours or they don't feel they have the resource to take it forward. I had a chat with supporters direct late last week that prompted me to start this thread, and they are very keen to talk to SMiSA in particular.

Any fan control at board level worries me greatly....CiC bid was not about that. Supporters Direct are on a collision course and should be avoided. Our club is in safe hands......Lets buy the assets and let real professional people run the club.

Reborn? Who are Supporters Direct on a collision course with? And why would you buy the assets and forget about the club? I can't understand your logic. You want to own the football pitch and a dome and you want to leave the most important part of the club open to takeover by a single majority shareholder. And if you are buying the stadium and the dome presumably you are going to raise revenue somehow to maintain and improve what you just bought. So how are you going to do that and who is going to be in charge of it? And I suppose more to the point how much will you pay them to run it for you?

I stand by my posts. Like Richard Atkinson and 10000hours or not the work was done. Fans had bought into the proposal. The topic had been discussed to death and despite reservations there were enough direct debits in place for a credible bid to have been submitted. For all that work, experience and effort to just be shelved while the fans wait and hope that the consortium five remain patient for their pension funds and alert enough - despite advancing years and failing health - to not be "duped" by some shyster just seems bizarre.

Agree with a lot of this. I am really surprised that in the ten months since 10000hours wrapped up the bid that there appears to be no appetite from either SMiSA or the Fans Council to benefit from a lot of the good work that was done in getting 10000hours to the position of placing a seven figure bid for control of the club.

Not having a go at either organisation, maybe both just feel the asking price puts it out of reach or they just got put off by 10000hours or they don't feel they have the resource to take it forward. I had a chat with supporters direct late last week that prompted me to start this thread, and they are very keen to talk to SMiSA in particular.

as stated before the club will not sell shares to SMISA, and are using the Fans Council ( membership 20 people ) to raise money to increase their assests

Guest somner9

I've got a suggestion!

Instead of wailing on about how great a bid 10000hours was (Not) and it would be a great shame to lose that momentum and commitment (It's long gone), and constantly calling on Smisa, The fans council or 'Anyone Else But Me!' to organise a bid.

Why not organise it yourself if you think it's such a go-er? (That'll shut Dicko up)

Supporters Direct have the 'Reverse Midas Touch' in that alomost anything they touch turns to shit! (Clyde, Dundee, Dunfermline etc, etc... and now Hertz)

you say you spoke to supporters direct , Richard Atkinson is on the board of Supporters Direct and a Director of St Mirren, perhaps he should speak to himself??

the fans council discussed the subject at a meeting and the unanimous verdict was that the subject of fan ownership was not in our remit, we were established to liaise between fans and club and to encourage more supporters to attend (especially younger people) and also to help raise funds for youth development, there are a few projects in discussion and at planning stage, you can read the meeting minutes on the O S , meetings are held once a month, for a 2 hour period.

I've got a suggestion!

Instead of wailing on about how great a bid 10000hours was (Not) and it would be a great shame to lose that momentum and commitment (It's long gone), and constantly calling on Smisa, The fans council or 'Anyone Else But Me!' to organise a bid.

Why not organise it yourself if you think it's such a go-er? (That'll shut Dicko up)

Supporters Direct have the 'Reverse Midas Touch' in that alomost anything they touch turns to shit! (Clyde, Dundee, Dunfermline etc, etc... and now Hertz)

What exactly has gone shit at Clyde Somner? That's one club I really do know about and since their Fans group took over the running of the club they've wiped out £500k worth of debt, secured the clubs future and this season, for the first time in 8 the club start the season with cash in the bank.

The other clubs you are referring to were in the shitter long before Supporters Direct got involved - usually down to the fact that some fanny sold a majority shareholding to one person.

As for me organising a bid - well I can see that working. I know I am brilliant at most things but I can't see St Mirren fans backing my bid to run the club - can you....:rolleyes:

as stated before the club will not sell shares to SMISA, and are using the Fans Council ( membership 20 people ) to raise money to increase their assests

i and i am sure all other members of the fans council will take that as an insult, we are not being used to line any pockets, raising funds that are needed for youth development, encouraging youngsters to go to games and trying to improve existing fan experience are our main aims, those actions may mean that the club can attract better players at all age levels and also increase the fanbase, which may put the club in a better financial standing (that would be in a good few years yet though) i don't see individual shareholders making much if anything at all from that as shares would not increase by much in value.

The club may be helped to a more secure future and surely that is a good thing for all fans, the fans council (membership 20 people) - not sure what you imply by putting that in brackets, anyway we volunteer and give up our own time to go to meetings and spend other free time developing ideas away from meetings and should not be subjected to snide remarks or thinly veiled accusations of only being used to make money for individual people

Reborn? Who are Supporters Direct on a collision course with? And why would you buy the assets and forget about the club? I can't understand your logic. You want to own the football pitch and a dome and you want to leave the most important part of the club open to takeover by a single majority shareholder. And if you are buying the stadium and the dome presumably you are going to raise revenue somehow to maintain and improve what you just bought. So how are you going to do that and who is going to be in charge of it? And I suppose more to the point how much will you pay them to run it for you?

I stand by my posts. Like Richard Atkinson and 10000hours or not the work was done. Fans had bought into the proposal. The topic had been discussed to death and despite reservations there were enough direct debits in place for a credible bid to have been submitted. For all that work, experience and effort to just be shelved while the fans wait and hope that the consortium five remain patient for their pension funds and alert enough - despite advancing years and failing health - to not be "duped" by some shyster just seems bizarre.

You seem to imagine Supporters direct are the answer to all our clubs problems. They have been in talks with the SFA and SPL ....How did that go?....What's their position on the people who govern our game?.......What's your position on the people who govern our game?.......Did Sports Direct have a duty to give fans their opinion on their meetings ?....Could Supporters direct have created a base for calling out the corruption at the heart of Scottish football that still goes on?

You seem to imagine Supporters direct are the answer to all our clubs problems. They have been in talks with the SFA and SPL ....How did that go?....What's their position on the people who govern our game?.......What's your position on the people who govern our game?.......Did Sports Direct have a duty to give fans their opinion on their meetings ?....Could Supporters direct have created a base for calling out the corruption at the heart of Scottish football that still goes on?

Reborn - what are supporters direct supposed to do? Should they refuse to talk to the SFA and SPL? If fans are unwilling to boycott the game and Supporters Direct cannot influence enough directors on club boards what leverage do they have to force the SFA and SPL to do anything? At least they made it round the table.

Anyway you talk like you think that someone from Supporters Direct would be parachuted in to run your football club if they were involved in any takeover. That's simply not the case. The organisation offers support and legal assistance to groups like SMiSA if they wish to launch a bid for their club. I simply cannot understand your hostility towards them.

Guest somner9

In which parallel universe are Clyde a successfully run business????

feck me they've written the book on administration, and their home ground's wherever they can park a feckin caravan!

feck me they've written the book on administration, and their home ground's wherever they can park a feckin caravan!

Somner they are debt free and in the black having had a profitable season. I wonder how many SPL clubs will be able to boast that when their annual accounts come out.

Not many Scottish Football clubs could ever be classed as a successful business - but then you know that already

When did Clyde go into administration ?

Reborn - what are supporters direct supposed to do? Should they refuse to talk to the SFA and SPL? If fans are unwilling to boycott the game and Supporters Direct cannot influence enough directors on club boards what leverage do they have to force the SFA and SPL to do anything? At least they made it round the table.

Anyway you talk like you think that someone from Supporters Direct would be parachuted in to run your football club if they were involved in any takeover. That's simply not the case. The organisation offers support and legal assistance to groups like SMiSA if they wish to launch a bid for their club. I simply cannot understand your hostility towards them.

Why would I think a bawbag from SD would run our club?....Why would I think SD have anything to offer us when we have SMISA and a fans council which has taken flack on here (no idea why?)....My point to you Mr Stuart is SD were in early with the SFA/SPL and gave NO direction to what eventually was a rebellion against the SFA/SPL.....SD are tossers in suits....Mini Doncasters if you like!......"Going forward"....wanks.

Why would I think a bawbag from SD would run our club?....Why would I think SD have anything to offer us when we have SMISA and a fans council which has taken flack on here (no idea why?)....My point to you Mr Stuart is SD were in early with the SFA/SPL and gave NO direction to what eventually was a rebellion against the SFA/SPL.....SD are tossers in suits....Mini Doncasters if you like!......"Going forward"....wanks.

Reborn - I don't think you know who or what Supporters Direct is. :rolleyes:

Somner they are debt free and in the black having had a profitable season. I wonder how many SPL clubs will be able to boast that when their annual accounts come out.

Not many Scottish Football clubs could ever be classed as a successful business - but then you know that already

Can you tell us exactly what profit they made last season? Can you also tell us exactly how much cash they had in the bank when the accounts were published?

Can you tell us exactly what profit they made last season? Can you also tell us exactly how much cash they had in the bank when the accounts were published?

I was about to ask the same questions. Stu has a habit of making statements like that up and then can't back them up. My guess is he'll not be able to reveal his source. I doubt if annual report and accounts have been published recently. I've no doubt good things are happening at Clyde but having a miniscule turnover is in some ways easier to handle. There's a team in Paisley which handles its finances very well too but Stu hasn't noticed.

No, he doesn't know because their accounts for 2012/13 haven't been published.

Cash at bank 30/6/12 was just over £17,000 and net worth was -£186,000.

They will be better off having sold out a couple of times to Sevco, this will make their accounts like tidy when they are published.