Time To Revive Community Ownership ?

div

Guest somner9

I've got a suggestion!

Instead of wailing on about how great a bid 10000hours was (Not) and it would be a great shame to lose that momentum and commitment (It's long gone), and constantly calling on Smisa, The fans council or 'Anyone Else But Me!' to organise a bid.

Why not organise it yourself if you think it's such a go-er? (That'll shut Dicko up)

Supporters Direct have the 'Reverse Midas Touch' in that alomost anything they touch turns to shit! (Clyde, Dundee, Dunfermline etc, etc... and now Hertz)

I refer you to my previous suggestion above!

see item in SMISA , on asset of community value, if SMISA still exists ,see nothing since they handed out some trophies at the end of last season

No - it's David Dishon who communicates with me on Facebook over a number of issues. I know you struggle with the concept Captain cause you don't have friends but I'll use Facebook messenger more than I use e-mail these days. rolleyes.gif

I tend to spend time with real friends in person instead of communicating with imaginary friends in the virtual world! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Supporters direct are a bunch of fannybaws  wank consortium who will be shown up in the long term with clubs like Dundee etc.......REA is a good guy but will never deliver what he wants. SG is the best option for us right now and long may he continue!

Unfortunately, he doesn't want to continue. And what happens next, if not fan ownership? Fingers crossed we don't get a Massone or a Mileson.

Unfortunately, he doesn't want to continue. And what happens next, if not fan ownership? Fingers crossed we don't get a Massone or a Mileson.

I share your concern for the future but I don't ever want to see supporters direct at our club. REA had a plan that looked great on paper but couldn't be delivered ....he leaves our cub with my upmost respect and is IMO a man of high integrity. The cic plan involved only our support and not supporters direct. REA is now involved with supporters direct and the best of luck to him but I'll stick to my opinion and have no wish for them ever to be involved wth our club. Keep an eye on Dundee and what will happen there is all I can say.

I share your concern for the future but I don't ever want to see supporters direct at our club. REA had a plan that looked great on paper but couldn't be delivered ....he leaves our cub with my upmost respect and is IMO a man of high integrity. The cic plan involved only our support and not supporters direct. REA is now involved with supporters direct and the best of luck to him but I'll stick to my opinion and have no wish for them ever to be involved wth our club. Keep an eye on Dundee and what will happen there is all I can say.

I don't know a huge amount about Supporters Direct to be honest. What's the issue with them?

Guest somner9

I don't know a huge amount about Supporters Direct to be honest. What's the issue with them?

They are'nt Supporters..!

They are made up of guys like Atkinson hell bent on getting as many board room postions/media opportunities/awards/honours as possible.... They see it as easy to piggy back on any club in distress appealing to supporters and the club that they (SD) can show the path to resurrection....

In truth everything but everything they touch turns to shit..!

Just keep you'r eye on the final floundering months of Heart of Midlothian FC.... They are so deeply embedded in there with a feckin MP fronting up the circus.

They are'nt Supporters..!

They are made up of guys like Atkinson hell bent on getting as many board room postions/media opportunities/awards/honours as possible.... They see it as easy to piggy back on any club in distress appealing to supporters and the club that they (SD) can show the path to resurrection....

In truth everything but everything they touch turns to shit..!

Just keep you'r eye on the final floundering months of Heart of Midlothian FC.... They are so deeply embedded in there with a feckin MP fronting up the circus.

The only problem with your argument here is that St Mirren weren't/aren't a club in distress, so 'a guy like Atkinson' whatever you may or may not think of Richard, was hardly leeching onto a basket case club and portraying himself as the messiah, with desperate supporters eager to believe his promises or their club would die.

The bid(s) failed. Richard is moving on, supporters, both for the bid or against it, are moving on. There's no in-fighting between supporters whatsoever. SG and Co are steady hands. Far from perfect, but look at what is going on around us at other clubs.

What is around the corner is anyone's guess, but I don't think it is fair to label REA as some sort of sharp-suited parasite looking to massage his ego and make a few bob by breezing into a fcuked-up football club. Grossly unfair actually.

Guest somner9

The only problem with your argument here is that St Mirren weren't/aren't a club in distress, so 'a guy like Atkinson' whatever you may or may not think of Richard, was hardly leeching onto a basket case club and portraying himself as the messiah, with desperate supporters eager to believe his promises or their club would die.

The bid(s) failed. Richard is moving on, supporters, both for the bid or against it, are moving on. There's no in-fighting between supporters whatsoever. SG and Co are steady hands. Far from perfect, but look at what is going on around us at other clubs.

What is around the corner is anyone's guess, but I don't think it is fair to label REA as some sort of sharp-suited parasite looking to massage his ego and make a few bob by breezing into a fcuked-up football club. Grossly unfair actually.

A - I never said he was a supporters direct wallah when he came to SMFC (that apparently came later)

B - I never suggested he or SD were in it for financial gain (you added that emotive byline)

C - Let the evidence speak for itself... how many directorships has REA and the main SD peeps got between them..? You honestly believe SD ambulance chase clubs and fans for the love of it...?

C'mon

A - I never said he was a supporters direct wallah when he came to SMFC (that apparently came later)

B - I never suggested he or SD were in it for financial gain (you added that emotive byline)

C - Let the evidence speak for itself... how many directorships has REA and the main SD peeps got between them..? You honestly believe SD ambulance chase clubs and fans for the love of it...?

C'mon

I'm not looking to get into a fight - I'm tired of the whole 10000hours thing. Scunnered probably a better word. Financial gain is about the only thing you didn't say 'guys like Atkinson' were all about. Honours, awards... a few other things besides. Pretty clear you were saying he was in it for personal gain and glory, so I believe 'semantics' is the word needed.

It's over, but I do not believe he was motivated by, or was actively seeking, the list of things you did say in your quote. Why do you still feel the need to stick a knife in? Not only stick it in, but give it a twist for good measure.

Guest somner9

I'm not looking to get into a fight - I'm tired of the whole 10000hours thing. Scunnered probably a better word. Financial gain is about the only thing you didn't say 'guys like Atkinson' were all about. Honours, awards... a few other things besides. Pretty clear you were saying he was in it for personal gain and glory, so I believe 'semantics' is the word needed.

It's over, but I do not believe he was motivated by, or was actively seeking, the list of things you did say in your quote. Why do you still feel the need to stick a knife in? Not only stick it in, but give it a twist for good measure.

Watch Hearts.... It'll end in tears! Supporters Direct are not in it for the ride, but the fans will be well ridden come the reckoning.

Anyway it's my birthday, and i've heard they have some lively nights down the Rovers Return.... hope there's elbow room at the bar these days!

Edited by somner9

Watch Hearts.... It'll end in tears! Supporters Direct are not in it for the ride, but the fans will be well ridden come the reckoning.

Anyway it's my birthday, and i've heard they have some lively nights down the Rovers Return.... hope there's elbow room at the bar these days!

"It's over, but I do not believe he was motivated by, or was actively seeking, the list of things you did say in your quote. Why do you still feel the need to stick a knife in? Not only stick it in, but give it a twist for good measure."

I notice the bit you haven't answered from Pozbaird's post.

Other than that, have a Happy Birthday!!

I've got to admit that Reborn Saint and Somner have lost me on this thing about Supporters Direct. Supporters Direct are an Industrial and Provident Community Benefit Society who have to operate on a one member one vote basis and who need to demonstrate that their business is conducted for the benefit of the community regardless of whether the community are members of their organisation or not.

Now in practice they operate to lobby the football authorities on the supporters behalf and they provide expertise to Independent Supporters Associations to offer legal and regulatory assistance, as well as advice on funding sources to supporters groups who wish to take over the running of their football club. So far to date they've done this with a great deal of success helping supporters to run clubs like Exeter City and AFC Wimbledon. As far as I am aware when a club is taken over by it's supporters groups with the help of Supporters Direct it is supporters who are elected to the clubs board - not SD executives - and since clubs are usually only taken over by the fans when the club is in financial shite is there any wonder that some of them continue to have financial problems after ownership of the club reverts to fans?

In saying that though it's not the first time Reborn Saint has lost me. His continual changes of mind throughout the 10000hours process was as hilarious as it was bewildering. :rolleyes:

Guest somner9

"It's over, but I do not believe he was motivated by, or was actively seeking, the list of things you did say in your quote. Why do you still feel the need to stick a knife in? Not only stick it in, but give it a twist for good measure."

I notice the bit you haven't answered from Pozbaird's post.

Other than that, have a Happy Birthday!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. The reason for not rising to the bait is simple.... it's a f**king ridiculous comment/accusation to make.

Or..? is disagreeing with the intent of someone to take over our club and saddle it with a debt it couldn't service (decision of our BoD) sticking the knife in..? C'mon tae f**k..

Thanks for the birthday wishes. The reason for not rising to the bait is simple.... it's a f**king ridiculous comment/accusation to make.

Or..? is disagreeing with the intent of someone to take over our club and saddle it with a debt it couldn't service (decision of our BoD) sticking the knife in..? C'mon tae f**k..

Yeah - surely that's the point Somner. The clubs future has been put at risk by the consortium coming together to offer a 52% majority shareholding in the club for sale purely for personal gain. As a result it is likely that the club will land up in debt of some sort or other no matter who takes over the club. It's the consortiums £4m valuation of a business that has failed to turn any significant profit over the last 15 years that should be being criticised, not the man who attempted to put the club in community ownership to the benefit of the fans of the club.

I've never understood why you choose to direct your derision and abuse at Atkinson, and now Supporters Direct.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Piss poor deflection. Is it really ridiculous to accuse you of still seeking to stick a knife into REAs back, even now that the bid is officially dead and he's away from the boardroom too? Here's what you said...

They are made up of guys like Atkinson hell bent on getting as many board room postions/media opportunities/awards/honours as possible.....

This is nothing to do with you disagreeing that REAs bid was right for St Mirren - you are of course perfectly entitled to disagree with everything to do with the bid. Sorry, but you have made a right rip-roaring cnut of yourself here. What you clearly said is that REA was only into St Mirren for personal gain - boardroom positions, media opportunities, awards, honours... and that's a direct quote from yourself, right there in black and white.

Guest somner9

Piss poor deflection. Is it really ridiculous to accuse you of still seeking to stick a knife into REAs back, even now that the bid is officially dead and he's away from the boardroom too? Here's what you said...

This is nothing to do with you disagreeing that REAs bid was right for St Mirren - you are of course perfectly entitled to disagree with everything to do with the bid. Sorry, but you have made a right rip-roaring cnut of yourself here. What you clearly said is that REA was only into St Mirren for personal gain - boardroom positions, media opportunities, awards, honours... and that's a direct quote from yourself, right there in black and white.

Very grown up... you are such a hardman you have to resort to calling me a c**t on fans football forum..? This i would like to hear from you face to face, not too much to ask

Very grown up... you are such a hardman you have to resort to calling me a c**t on fans football forum..? This i would like to hear from you face to face, not too much to ask

I actually laughed out loud reading this latest deflection tactic. Bravo Sir!