Time To Revive Community Ownership ?

div

yes i mentioned this in another thread, most fan council members are there to do what they can to help the club and fans, but the promise in the constitution to be a bridge between fans and club has never really been met imo,the main focus is on fund raising, also i am sure the club needed a fans council in place to enable access to community funding etc, the lack of minutes being posted on the fans council page on the O F can possibly be explained by what i heard on saturday - the fans council members have been asked by the club to sign a confidentiality clause of some sort which would exclude them from the council if they broke it, i cannot understand why they would discuss club business with a fans council and ask them not to discuss it with fans.

The "superfans" you speak of are well represented on the fans council, and yes they do seem to have the idea that they can do what they want and expect to be treated more favourably by the club, they are corporate types and can be summed up by the comment i heard at one meeting last year, "charge the same for the christmas lottery this year but cut the prizes by half,THEY will still buy the tickets"

Gilmour trying to rip the pish out of the gullible supporter ? Must take it from Newton and his wee derelict shop across from the Dome ? whistling.gif

Gilmour trying to rip the pish out of the gullible supporter ? Must take it from Newton and his wee derelict shop across from the Dome ? whistling.gif

no bud , mr gilmour did attend some fan council meetings but then brian caldwell took over being the representative for the club, there were no BOD members at any of the meetings i attended, my point is that some of the small business owners on the fans council seem to want to be recognised as having done great things but in reality they do not help out as much as others , usually stating they are too busy at work, and they want to rip as much cash as they can from your pocket as if they were making profit for their own small business,they only want to boost their own ego - the type of chap who when the void being opened as a bar was discussed stated that corporate members should be allowed to jump any queues at the bar - possibly having their own wee section of bar to be served at. they even decided that the fans council should be issued with "access all areas" ID badges because two of them thought they could wander in and out of the ground at will until they tried to get back in during a game once and were stopped by stewards and kept out, i did have to laugh at that when i heard it.

no bud , mr gilmour did attend some fan council meetings but then brian caldwell took over being the representative for the club, there were no BOD members at any of the meetings i attended, my point is that some of the small business owners on the fans council seem to want to be recognised as having done great things but in reality they do not help out as much as others , usually stating they are too busy at work, and they want to rip as much cash as they can from your pocket as if they were making profit for their own small business,they only want to boost their own ego - the type of chap who when the void being opened as a bar was discussed stated that corporate members should be allowed to jump any queues at the bar - possibly having their own wee section of bar to be served at. they even decided that the fans council should be issued with "access all areas" ID badges because two of them thought they could wander in and out of the ground at will until they tried to get back in during a game once and were stopped by stewards and kept out, i did have to laugh at that when i heard it.

Mr Gllmours Dad made a living out of Ferguslie Park ? We once had to pay £ 40 quid for a jersey for a mate to get cremated in ? Money Talk's ? Bring on Laxey partners ?? whistling.gif

I initially inquired about the fan council and quickly decided I didn't want to be involved, they probably would have told me to piss off anyway, I certainly don't have a huge ego or think I would have been invited onto it with open arms anyway! I have no idea about the stuff people have been posting here about the members. I know one of them and have known him for a long time, and I have supported the golf day because I am a golfer and a Saints fan.

The politics, the inner workings, the egos? Haven't a clue. I saw enough in-fighting and bickering at one or two club merchandise, and how to improve it, meetings that I was invited to attend to last me a lifetime.

Ha ha! This is superb. There's one guy I'm picturing as I read that. I might be being very unfair but I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

I've always thought that being a fan means putting the club first. Any hint of "look at how much I've done", "I deserve better treatment than 'normal' fans" and "I want an 'access all areas' pass", indicates to me that the individual(s) concerned should have a wee think about their motives, consider what led them to support the club in the first place and reflect on how much of a fanny they appear to the 'rank and file' supporters.

the bit in bold raises some questions for me, if the bonuses were really high then that certainly helps explain why some players were in indifferent form for league games but were throrougly fired up for the cup run.

there is also the issue of expenses, did we spend big on things like a training camp, sports psychologists, fitness experts, etc? again, this might help explain the difference between league and cup form.

I think it would be good to have a proper review of season 2012/13 to see what the difference is between a high-performing team and a team of also rans that just so happens to be the same bunch of people. that is the sort of thing that will help us move forward as a club.

intersting that danny questioned why the team can have a successful spell and then fail to kick on with any great passion, commitment or even belief until such times as the shit really hits the fan or we stumble our way into a cup-contender situation. can it be that everyone at the club buys in to the image of a maverick bunch who flit between extreme highs and perilous lows? The top leadership at the club may be resting on their league cup laurels, did they rest on the success of promotion and the deal to sell Love st for a while. i actually enjoyed Gus's promotion team immensely, which was followed by us starting well and staying in the top quarter of the SPL for a while before some sort of bubble burst and we free-fell to the bottom 2 or 3 very rapidly. Why did the bubble burst then, just as it has this season? If we dont suss that one out then we will continue to bobble up and down whoever the manager is

The bubble burst - as it does for every newly promoted team - when the rest of the teams get to play you home and away thus familiarising themselves on how you play... and who to target! Then they stop you from playing.

Four games a season against the same team breeds negativite knowledge, which leads to boring negative games IMO. That's why my ideal is just playing each team twice (and for summer football)... but thats for another thread on another day.

Money should be raised to invest in the club through a new share issue, I would not give a penny to these money grabbing cartel that is stiffling the club , who have been paid every penny they ever put in in , with interest and who have dined out with their peers as directors and high flyers for many a year

Ha ha! This is superb. There's one guy I'm picturing as I read that. I might be being very unfair but I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

I've always thought that being a fan means putting the club first. Any hint of "look at how much I've done", "I deserve better treatment than 'normal' fans" and "I want an 'access all areas' pass", indicates to me that the individual(s) concerned should have a wee think about their motives, consider what led them to support the club in the first place and reflect on how much of a fanny they appear to the 'rank and file' supporters.

is he a guy with an i'm alright jack attitude ?

I initially inquired about the fan council and quickly decided I didn't want to be involved, they probably would have told me to piss off anyway, I certainly don't have a huge ego or think I would have been invited onto it with open arms anyway! I have no idea about the stuff people have been posting here about the members. I know one of them and have known him for a long time, and I have supported the golf day because I am a golfer and a Saints fan.

The politics, the inner workings, the egos? Haven't a clue. I saw enough in-fighting and bickering at one or two club merchandise, and how to improve it, meetings that I was invited to attend to last me a lifetime.

When I first heard about the fan council, I thought the idea would be to have a way that fans could have a little bit of input into the way the club is run. From what I've seen since it's inception, it seems to be more of a fund raising machine and because of that I refuse to attend any events or sell the raffle tickets. If the club want more out of the fans then should give more to the fans by way of letting us have some input about the running of the club.

When I first heard about the fan council, I thought the idea would be to have a way that fans could have a little bit of input into the way the club is run. From what I've seen since it's inception, it seems to be more of a fund raising machine and because of that I refuse to attend any events or sell the raffle tickets. If the club want more out of the fans then should give more to the fans by way of letting us have some input about the running of the club.

Nah. Since it was the consortium that put in place the Fans Council I always suspected it was always going to be about trying to get that £10 per month fans had pledged. to 10000hours, into the club to help boost the value of the consortium shareholding.