Time To Revive Community Ownership ?

div

Guest somner9

FFS!

If you call people you don't know cunts... don't you think they may want the opportunity for you to tell them that to their face?

Or do you think they'll just accept your abuse and intimidation online?

If you call people you don't know cunts... don't you think they may want the opportunity for you to tell them that to their face?

Or do you think they'll just accept your abuse and intimidation online?

I didn't call you a cnut. I said that with your complete and utter whataboutery in regard to your posting about REA, you were making a rip roaring cnut of yourself in regard to your responses.

Go read the thread again.

Edit: Do you know how many times each week, across any football forum you care to mention, someone says 'you've made a rip roaring cnut of yourself there'. Only you seems to want a square go behind the bike sheds after school. Do me a favour!

Edited by pozbaird

Guest somner9

I didn't call you a cnut. I said that with your complete and utter whataboutery in regard to your posting about REA, you were making a rip roaring cnut of yourself in regard to your responses.

Go read the thread again.

and repeating it..?

I've got to admit that Reborn Saint and Somner have lost me on this thing about Supporters Direct. Supporters Direct are an Industrial and Provident Community Benefit Society who have to operate on a one member one vote basis and who need to demonstrate that their business is conducted for the benefit of the community regardless of whether the community are members of their organisation or not.

Now in practice they operate to lobby the football authorities on the supporters behalf and they provide expertise to Independent Supporters Associations to offer legal and regulatory assistance, as well as advice on funding sources to supporters groups who wish to take over the running of their football club. So far to date they've done this with a great deal of success helping supporters to run clubs like Exeter City and AFC Wimbledon. As far as I am aware when a club is taken over by it's supporters groups with the help of Supporters Direct it is supporters who are elected to the clubs board - not SD executives - and since clubs are usually only taken over by the fans when the club is in financial shite is there any wonder that some of them continue to have financial problems after ownership of the club reverts to fans?

In saying that though it's not the first time Reborn Saint has lost me. His continual changes of mind throughout the 10000hours process was as hilarious as it was bewildering. rolleyes.gif

Because of that and the state many Scottish clubs are in, I was wondering if there was any mechanism for an organization like Supporter's direct to put together a trust fund that supporter's of any club could pay into in case their club goes into liquidation or is put up for sale. It could give fans a bit of a head start in raising funds to save their club and any funds and any interest paid out would be pro rata based on the amount paid in.

Because of that and the state many Scottish clubs are in, I was wondering if there was any mechanism for an organization like Supporter's direct to put together a trust fund that supporter's of any club could pay into in case their club goes into liquidation or is put up for sale. It could give fans a bit of a head start in raising funds to save their club and any funds and any interest paid out would be pro rata based on the amount paid in.

If you just get back the amount you pay in , we'd be as well just creating our own Fund. Wish the money that had been pledged by fans for the 10000 hours project could be gathered by some other fans' investment vehicle - could be used, as you suggest, as a kind of insurance policy, or to invest in the club.

I'm not looking to get into a fight - I'm tired of the whole 10000hours thing. Scunnered probably a better word. Financial gain is about the only thing you didn't say 'guys like Atkinson' were all about. Honours, awards... a few other things besides. Pretty clear you were saying he was in it for personal gain and glory, so I believe 'semantics' is the word needed.

It's over, but I do not believe he was motivated by, or was actively seeking, the list of things you did say in your quote. Why do you still feel the need to stick a knife in? Not only stick it in, but give it a twist for good measure.

Just fell upon your post by clicking threads......Read it and have no wish to go up or down....Always had a great respect of your views on the cic. word for word I agree.

The vehicle should be there already in SMiSA since that's the clubs Independent Supporters association.

Guest somner9

Happily. You made a rip roarng cnut of it after I called you out on your vitriolic personal attack on REAs involvement with St Mirren, with a series of piss poor deflection, twattery and general poor form.

Here to help.

So are you going to meet and tell me this to my face or continue to hide like a coward on a internet forum?

I think people can draw their own conclusions as to your make up.

Guest somner9

You know if i said some of the things this coward above has said I'd get banned, but somehow I don't think thats even a remote possibility for him. I wonder if they are egging him on to shout from behind his keyboard? You'd have thought a man of the church would have had a few more scruples?

The vehicle should be there already in SMiSA since that's the clubs Independent Supporters association.

It should be, but it's not a particularly visible organisation - I don't know much about what they do other than organise the Saints Aid games. In fairness though I've not made much of an effort to find out. I'd be interested to know if they have a plan to achieve the goal of fan ownership.

If you just get back the amount you pay in , we'd be as well just creating our own Fund. Wish the money that had been pledged by fans for the 10000 hours project could be gathered by some other fans' investment vehicle - could be used, as you suggest, as a kind of insurance policy, or to invest in the club.

No I was meaning more like an investment trust with all the money going to a central pot to gain a higher return and then when that money is needed the initial investment from each club's supporters plus a pro rata part of the interest up until that point is paid to the fans group to assist in buying the club. For instance if 5,000 Hearts fans had paid £10 a month for 2 years before this summer then FoH would have been due £1,200,000 plus their share of interest accrued up until that point. You can get better interest rates the more money you have in a fund.

While I've nothing against SMiSA and what they do, I don't get the impression that their members want to own the club but seem content on assisting the club financially. There was a couple of chances last year to first of all get involved in an attempt to buy the club and for reasons that have been well discussed in the past they did not get involved. After the 10,000hours attempt failed, there was also a chance to have a recruitment drive - 1,000 fans willing to pay a monthly fee to try and buy the club and I've never seen anything from SMiSA to say to those pledgers join with us and we'll set aside your contributions to be used solely to buy the club once all funding is available. While not all of that 1,000 would have joined I still think there must be hundreds of Saints supporters like myself who do see the fans owning the club as the way to go.

Yeah I know Bud. It's something that disappointed me greatly with SMiSA. To use a football analogy they were far too easily pushed off the ball.

I know others have a lot of faith and respect for the consortium 5 - certainly much more than me - but the harsh fact is that by putting a 52% shareholding up for sale for personal gain they have put the clubs future at risk. An effective Independent Supporters Association should have been far more alert to that danger but like you say they seem content just to nibble on the crumbs that fall off the table.

That said though a supporters trust like SMiSA would be the natural place to deposit funds - you'd just need to make sure they keep it for buying shares and taking control of the club and not passing it away on towels, t - shirts and hot air balloons

Strange post from a strange man.........hot air balloons?.......Covered park?......big success no?

You tell me Reborn since you know. How many training sessions have been saved that would have been cancelled for bad weather since it opened? To help a 3g pitch is generally playable to -6'C. How many juvenile clubs from the local community have had free use of it? Has it turned a profit? Were the costs covered in full without affecting the playing budget? Or is it just a stupid vanity project that pissed away club money, SMiSA money and taxpayers money?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You tell me Reborn since you know. How many training sessions have been saved that would have been cancelled for bad weather since it opened? To help a 3g pitch is generally playable to -6'C. How many juvenile clubs from the local community have had free use of it? Has it turned a profit? Were the costs covered in full without affecting the playing budget? Or is it just a stupid vanity project that pissed away club money, SMiSA money and taxpayers money?

Always wondered how you cope with your keyboard filling with crumbs.

That aside, the Dome hasn't been up for a year and even you must realise these things need time.

Always wondered how you cope with your keyboard filling with crumbs.

That aside, the Dome hasn't been up for a year and even you must realise these things need time.

Well I know it's just a vanity project. I've said that since day one and I've stated my case to death. However in this case it's Reborn who is claiming it's a success. I'd like to know how he qualified that claim

Supporters direct are a bunch of fannybaws wank consortium who will be shown up in the long term with clubs like Dundee etc.......REA is a good guy but will never deliver what he wants. SG is the best option for us right now and long may he continue!

I'd rather have an Arab billionaire please.

With people like Somner9 around I'm glad the fan ownership model failed. I'm now fairly certain that it would have ended up a complete and utter disaster. The disater wouldn't have been due to Richard's input, but despite Richard's it. Atitude's and opinions like Somner's would have turned the place toxic within 12 months IMO.

Richard can walk away from SMFC with is head held high.