Tossing The Caber

RickMcD

My wife tells me the guy who is organising this weekend's Loch Lomond Highland Games was on the Chris Evans show this morning and said that the proper pronounciation of caber should rhyme with jabber, not sabre. Sacrilege! I don't believe it. Has anyone on here ever done any tossing and if so, can you keep us right?

My wife tells me the guy who is organising this weekend's Loch Lomond Highland Games was on the Chris Evans show this morning and said that the proper pronounciation of caber should rhyme with jabber, not sabre. Sacrilege! I don't believe it. Has anyone on here ever done any tossing and if so, can you keep us right?

"Keeping us right" in itself could be misleading.

Most tossers also deploy their left hands.

Caberfeidh, top shinty team fae Strathpefferish area, is certainly pronounced to rhyme with jabberday, btw. :)

Caberfeidh, top shinty team fae Strathpefferish area, is certainly pronounced to rhyme with jabberday, btw. smile.png

I know they are very busy in the close season , usually in speculation threads as they try to emulate , Siddelley. .

Lovestreet does a bit of tossing.whistling.gif

Caberfeidh, top shinty team fae Strathpefferish area, is certainly pronounced to rhyme with jabberday, btw. smile.png

Caber Feidh is a tune I've been playing on the pipes since I was a youngster and is pronounced as per Bluto's example. Always wondered why it was cab-ber for the tune but cay-ber for the big bit of wood. Turns oot it's cab-ber for both.