The Hampden Tour. .

. .and the Hampden Museum. .

Did the tour today with some fellow Buddies and it was better than I thought. We did the tour first and came out the tunnel onto the pitch , we could almost hear thousands of partisan Buddies roaring for the Saints. You could ask questions on the tour and it turned out that the tour guide was a Morton fanclap.gif . So we had a bit of a laugh, "Have Morton ever played here ? " , "Er, yes they won the cup in 1922." , lol , "Er ,when was the last time Morton beat Saint Mirren?" , "Oh , are you Saint Mirren fans?" , "Yes!!" , "Eh , competitively , it was a long time ago , l can't remember. .". .

The museum is good too . They have Archie's penetrative shot against the Dutch on a permanent loop and we are told that Archie was involved in the first tactical substitution in Scotland (l think it was when he came on for Clunie).

At the end , in the Hall of Fame you get the chance to nominate someone for the Hall. I think all the available cards ended up in the box with Thommo's name on them. .sorcerer.gif

I hope the OP saw my exhibit in the museum with my name on the wee plaque next to it! Means I have an exhibitor's pass which gets free entry to both the museum and tour anytime.

The exhibit? A genuine match ticket from the 1971 Celtic v Feyenoord European Cup Final at the San Siro. The tickets are rare because no match programme was produced for the final. The tickets were impregnated with human hair from barber shops, as an anti-fraud device.

That's why I meet up with my mate at Hampden a lot! The museum also has a copy of the Final Chapter, signed on the cover by the chairman, captain, manager and assistant manager of St Mirren at the time of the stadium move, but it isn't on display.