New Saints Anthem!

I know with our recent cup win we failed to have an anthem! I may of found it.

Coldplay-us against the world!!!

The last couple of lines in first verse are - I just want to be there when the lightning strikes and the saints go marching in!

To the chorus - you sing slooooooooooooooooooooooooow it down, through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world!

I think the song sums it up for me :-)

Go Buddie Go was a bit pish to be honest. It was a good attempt but I don't know anyone that had any interest in singing it. It never had a 'catch' that stuck in your head like a lot of songs.

I think something upbeat and catchy as hell that we can play every time we score until people get the point would work. Hearts did well for that. Pain in the arse that song but it sticks.

The song we played last season when we scored was a brilliant song n the tune could easily be chanted by the fans plus every time i hear that song it reminds me of the semi final and final. Never heard the coldplay song but 9 and a half times out of 10 there songs are depressing. We should pick a song that is up beat like the song we already use for when we score. (For anyone that doesnt know the song im talking about is avicii - levels)

The song we played last season when we scored was a brilliant song n the tune could easily be chanted by the fans plus every time i hear that song it reminds me of the semi final and final. Never heard the coldplay song but 9 and a half times out of 10 there songs are depressing. We should pick a song that is up beat like the song we already use for when we score. (For anyone that doesnt know the song im talking about is avicii - levels)

Oh When The Saints..............................................thumbup2.gif

I know with our recent cup win we failed to have an anthem! I may of found it.

Coldplay-us against the world!!!

The last couple of lines in first verse are - I just want to be there when the lightning strikes and the saints go marching in!

To the chorus - you sing slooooooooooooooooooooooooow it down, through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world!

I think the song sums it up for me :-)

Coldplay.....f***ing Coldplay

You must be f***ing joking

Viva la vida, every teardrop is a waterfall and Charlie brown are all all great uplifting tunes from Coldplay. Have been to their concert at Hampden and the atmosphere was electric! The crowd singing viva la vida made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. This "Coldplay are depressing" thing is a lot of rubbish!

That's almost as bad as that shite that was attempted to be passed off as a St.Mirren 'anthem' last season.

I thought go buddie go was a very good attempt. The problem was it was all too late by the time it had been recorded. Also we didn't seem to play it at ges in the run up to the final, just one performance on the pitch with no backing track and they never played it at Hampden when we won either. That would've really made it our song and the memories that would go with the crowd singing along at Hampden would've made it a club anthem forever.

Here's hoping phil plays it at greenhill road this season

I thought go buddie go was a very good attempt. The problem was it was all too late by the time it had been recorded. Also we didn't seem to play it at ges in the run up to the final, just one performance on the pitch with no backing track and they never played it at Hampden when we won either. That would've really made it our song and the memories that would go with the crowd singing along at Hampden would've made it a club anthem forever.

I hope Phil STOPS playing music so we can sing

But it's a f**king shite song! Terrible! Not inspiring, or tuneful, or one to get the adrenalin going at all! It sounds like a drunk man's attempt to cover a Corries b-side.

If we're going to have an 'anthem', it needs to be upbeat and rousing!

But it's a f**king shite song! Terrible! Not inspiring, or tuneful, or one to get the adrenalin going at all! It sounds like a drunk man's attempt to cover a Corries b-side.

Our anthem should defo be avicii levels or skids the saints are coming both songs we used last season and both uplifting. I agree the go buddie go is the most boring n demoralising song ever it was a flop and embarrasing when the guy sang it on the pitch lets be honest the only good bit about it was the video for it on youtube

• 4 weeks later...

Just for you LS (from the Leicester City song book, complete with actions):

When You're Smiling

When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you,

When you're laughing, when you're laughing, the sun comes shining through,

But when you're crying, you bring out the rain,

So stop you're sighing, be happy again,

Cause when you're smiling, when you're smiling,

The whole world smiles with you, Ahhhh, (wiggle hands in the air)

The whole world smiles with you, Ahhhh, (wiggle hands in the air)

THE - (hands open for each word) WHOLE - WORLD - SMILES - WITH - (wiggle hands in the air) YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Oh LEICESTER (Clap clap clap),

Or how about the more succint:

"f**k off Mark McGhee"

to the tune of Daydream Believer. I believe you can substitute almost any manager, either our own or the opposition's.

Edited by AllyM