Renfrewshire Cup Final

Is that wee ned Imrie getting a game on saturday?

His over inflated estimation of his ability won't allow him to return to new love street in a lower league team will it?

He would then have to admit that he is a lower league journeyman who couldn't cut it in an SPL team.

He would be a good choice as one of the dopey useless security bellends working at the commonwealth games

next year.

Cant believe anyone could get excited about this meaningless rubbish, Nothing more than a poor pre season friendly. I'd happily scrap this Renfrewshire Cup nonsense.

There's always a decent atmosphere and it pumps a good bit of cash into the club.

I'm all for it.

What cash is this, After the bills are paid all the money goes to the Renfrewshire FA, Neither Saints or Ton make a brass penny out of it

Where did you hear that?

How did Port Glasgow manage to secure all of the gate money for the semi-final if this is the case?

Edited by Murray7

Its common knowledge, but not to you, The junior clubs are members of RFA so I would imagine that's the reason why

It's common knowledge that the Renfrewshire FA get a cut of the gate receipts but not all of it like you suggested.

Most regional cups use the gate receipts to cover policing costs and so on, then a percentage goes to the organisers (in this case, the RFA) and then a chunk goes to the participating clubs. I've never heard of the organisers taking the lot (bar match costs). There will be roughly 4k there on Saturday, I can't see us competing in that if we aren't getting our share of the gate.

Anyway, it's the closest we'll come to a competitive match in pre-season and I'm glad the competition is in place.

It's common knowledge that the Renfrewshire FA get a cut of the gate receipts but not all of it like you suggested.

Most regional cups use the gate receipts to cover policing costs and so on, then a percentage goes to the organisers (in this case, the RFA) and then a chunk goes to the participating clubs. I've never heard of the organisers taking the lot (bar match costs). There will be roughly 4k there on Saturday, I can't see us competing in that if we aren't getting our share of the gate.

Anyway, it's the closest we'll come to a competitive match in pre-season and I'm glad the competition is in place.

Hope your still saying that if Tommo Teale or an other top player gets a bad injury by over zealous Ton players looking to make a name for themselves,

Hope your still saying that if Tommo Teale or an other top player gets a bad injury by over zealous Ton players looking to make a name for themselves,

Injuries could happen in any game. I'm sure Allan Moore will be telling his lads not to go into any crazy tackles, because their squad is just as thin as ours.

Actually , he's correct here , Morton always treat this game more seriously than we do. We should be scrapping this fixture.

You actually think a professional football player would go out to deliberately injure a fellow pro? If yes, then you are as much of a prat as SPS! thumbdown.gif

You actually think a professional football player would go out to deliberately injure a fellow pro? If yes, then you are as much of a prat as SPS! thumbdown.gif

You've not been watching football long if you think that some players don't set out to deliberately injure players. If you've got a spare 10 hours I'll give you about 100 examples !

Did your fans not accuse Shuggie of the above last season? :o

Its common knowledge, but not to you, The junior clubs are members of RFA so I would imagine that's the reason why

No Junior clubs are members of the RFA.

I take it you won't be going on Sat?