Renfrewshire Cup Final

Steven Thompson is the only player who is a recognised forward. We have no other natural forwards! We have no left back and I would say at this point this is the weakest squad we have ever had going into an spl season. The gk was poor today and I think we could use a proven gk . If the board are not giving Danny money then we could be seeing them getting ready to change? Just a thought

Full time 2-4

Well, that is one of the worst defensive performances I've seen from a St Mirren team in about 10 years.

Based on this game Kelly, Naismith and Cornell are nowhere near the required standard. The keeper was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals IMO (1 with the help of Vanzy) Kelly was at fault for the other 1. McGregor started well but had a poor second half, Vanzy was poor and then got injured. Only Cheesy out the 6 used defenders gets pass marks from me.

Going forward we were good enough, Teale was our best player. McGinn, McGowan and Thommo had decent games. Harkins was poor, he looks unfit and - to be honest - rubbish.

We have two weeks left. If we don't sign anyone between now and then I am pretty sure we will be in yet another relegation dog fight. Will Hearts -15 be enough to save us? Who knows.

Two weeks to sort the defence Danny. A keeper and a left back are urgently required, then sort the rest out.

I think I disagree with most of this tbh, Thought Naismith looked very good when he came on and hope he starts the season. Cornell was very poor but cant be blamed for any of the goals tbh, vanzy was 100% at fault for the first one, the other 2 were poor defensively and he had no chance of stopping the long range goal. Thought mcgregor was better than Cheesy.

Thommo was woefull but I think that was down to not getting service, harkins looked good, nice wee touches but didnt do much.

Full time 2-4

Well, that is one of the worst defensive performances I've seen from a St Mirren team in about 10 years.

Based on this game Kelly, Naismith and Cornell are nowhere near the required standard. The keeper was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals IMO (1 with the help of Vanzy) Kelly was at fault for the other 1. McGregor started well but had a poor second half, Vanzy was poor and then got injured. Only Cheesy out the 6 used defenders gets pass marks from me.

Going forward we were good enough, Teale was our best player. McGinn, McGowan and Thommo had decent games. Harkins was poor, he looks unfit and - to be honest - rubbish.

We have two weeks left. If we don't sign anyone between now and then I am pretty sure we will be in yet another relegation dog fight. Will Hearts -15 be enough to save us? Who knows.

Two weeks to sort the defence Danny. A keeper and a left back are urgently required, then sort the rest out.

I mostly agree with you but I find your assessment of Harkins to be quite incorrect, quite incorrect indeed. Mr Harkins showed some real flashes of skill and for me was the main positive from today's performance. Gary Teale was very good and young John McGinn did fairly well. I don't think Paul McGowan was anything better than average today although young Jordan Naismith equipped himself rather well.

I really fear for our fortunes however if we do not change our defence in someway and I have real concerns over that young goalkeep that our Mr Lennon has brought in. In all I am somewhat deflated by our performance and I fear for our fortunes if improvement is not found.

Undoubtedly the less conversationally able amongst us will accuse anyone of attempting to address our rather obvious shortcoming's of being a "knickerwetter" but anyone with the smallest amount of interest in the fortunes of our club will be alarmed (and rightly so) at the desperately poor performance that I just witnessed from our team, desperately poor indeed.

Just to add, I did think of our fellow forum user "Shull" during the game when I commented to the fellow fan to my right hand side when I said "not more of this tippy tappy pish that results in nothing".

Anyway I would have preferred to have missed that game today such was the height of our poor performance.

No way is any of that good enough today- thommo looked exhausted and out of it - things didnt go his way and he started looking for cheap penalties- hardly going to get away with that when we go up a level- why not take him off? Mcgregor looks a nervous wreck... Teale did brilliantly getting down that wing and outrunning their players but he could have done that all day and we'd still be getting no results. No disrespect to Kelly or Naismith but nowhere near ready.. All in all, depressing afternoon watching imrie give us all a two fingered salute and play the game of his life... Come on Danny, wee warning this afternoon...

I reckon we should put in a bid for the Morton No 7 - he was the best man on the park today :)

Just said that to my old man, he finally looked like the player we signed.

2nd pre-season game, another three or so to go, not brilliant but its a meaningless game played in very hot temperatures.

Morton look a good side, hope they do well this season.

It was f**king rank rotten the worst display I've saw in donkeys years we are going to be in deep trouble in fact I would go as far and say we will get relegated this season .How the f**k they can get rid of about 13 players and bring in one experienced player and think we would survive beggars believe Hearts will romp past us mark my words .we need at least 5 players with experience in in the next couple of weeks I feel sorry for the poor saps who have bought a season ticket.

Just said that to my old man, he finally looked like the player we signed.

2nd pre-season game, another three or so to go, not brilliant but its a meaningless game played in very hot temperatures.

Morton look a good side, hope they do well this season.

Painful to think we actually paid to get rid of him.

I'm glad we lost in the apparent manner we did. Meaningless game really but DL knows the support want to win it. I predict at least 5 signings in the next fortnight. God works in mysterious ways !

The Keeper was a nightmare can we send him back down to wales before we start the season as with this young lad in goal we are going to have to score 5 goals to win any game.

also Cheesy and McGregor looked lost against first division players what will they be like when we face better teams.

not looking forward to the upcoming season after being embarrassed today.

Dougie Imrie gave danny lennon a deserved kick in the balls today by playing how we wanted him to play for st mirren.

I'm glad we lost in the apparent manner we did. Meaningless game really but DL knows the support want to win it. I predict at least 5 signings in the next fortnight. God works in mysterious ways !

That's what I was thinking, could've been the best thing that happened today. Our board will now need to loosen the purse strings!

The Keeper was a nightmare can we send him back down to wales before we start the season as with this young lad in goal we are going to have to score 5 goals to win any game.

also Cheesy and McGregor looked lost against first division players what will they be like when we face better teams.

not looking forward to the upcoming season after being embarrassed today.

Dougie Imrie gave danny lennon a deserved kick in the balls today by playing how we wanted him to play for st mirren.

Pretty sure young David De Gea was pure pish when he started with Man Utd. I thought Cornell looked very nervous, but let's not get on his case and jump to hasty conclusions. We need to give the guy a fairer chance than one game.

I Bloody hope so we are an absolute shambles right now.

If Imrie put in a better performance today than the last 18 months, in a pre season friendly against his former team, then its Imrie you should be asking questions about, not Lennon.