Renfrewshire Cup Final

Glad you were happy with it,

I'm not happy, nor am I particularly unhappy. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of you shouting from the rooftops that its a meaningless friendly (which I agree with) and then the next day using the result as justification to call for the manager's head.

If Imrie put in a better performance today than the last 18 months, in a pre season friendly against his former team, then its Imrie you should be asking questions about, not Lennon.

Not really. Most of us recognised Imrie's qualities before he joined us , but very rarely was he given a chance by us in the position that he played for Accies and Morton.

I'm not happy, nor am I particularly unhappy. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of you shouting from the rooftops that its a meaningless friendly (which I agree with) and then the next day using the result as justification to call for the manager's head.

If we lose in a meaningless friendly again QOTS on Wed I still will be critical, , I don't remember being on any rooftops, theses days I couldn't get up there, Ive been calling for the managers head for a long time not just this game, I don't buy all the guff he speaks, Hes great at the propaganda but nothing else, And he will be our downfall/

Morton wanted it more and got what they deserved from the match.

We gifted them goals, but to find fault in the 'keeper for the third is a bit churlish - we'd have been raving about the strike had it been at the other end.

Kelly wasn't great on the day, but I think some of the comments regarding Naismith are harsh - I thought he looked pretty decent and linked well with Teale on a few occasions.

Far too early to judge Cornell or Harkins, though the former did look a bit nervous at times, and Harkins, while demonstrating a bit of flair, lacked mobility and didn't seem to cover much ground. The end product was missing from his game this afternoon, and his two freekick opportunities were disappointingly tame efforts.

I thought McGregor did okay considering what he's been through, and McAusland didn't do a great deal wrong. As a unit, however, the defence didn't gel at all well.

McGinn had an off day - he was very quiet this afternoon - and Thompson didn't seem to be as fired up as might have been expected against our Inverclyde neighbours.

All in all, the result doesn't mean a great deal, but the performance was concerning. Let's hope it was pre-season malaise and nothing more, though it is blatantly obvious that the squad needs bolstered.

One final message to the crew who decided to give Imrie abuse from the off. Don't you get it, folks? All this achieves is to fire the player up, and it was as good as guaranteed that he would have the last laugh. In any event, why abuse the guy? Pretty embarrassing stuff, to be honest.

Edited by Drew

Was it Cheesy and McGregor at the back today? How did that go?

Not heard any moans about the centre halfs, just keeper and full backs. Interested if they played well together.

Darren looked terrified at times today. Very slow in thought and getting caught in possession a lot. Tried a few forward runs but usually overran the ball or passed it out the park. Won most things in the air. Tried to play the 'safe' ball far too much giving the opposition time to re-organise but that can be said for all of the back four. We must be the slowest team in the League for building up play. Cheesy was the best of a bad bunch but again too many meaningless passes.

Its early days of course but the defence overall looked a shambles.

No way is any of that good enough today- thommo looked exhausted and out of it - things didnt go his way and he started looking for cheap penalties- hardly going to get away with that when we go up a level- why not take him off? Mcgregor looks a nervous wreck... Teale did brilliantly getting down that wing and outrunning their players but he could have done that all day and we'd still be getting no results. No disrespect to Kelly or Naismith but nowhere near ready.. All in all, depressing afternoon watching imrie give us all a two fingered salute and play the game of his life... Come on Danny, wee warning this afternoon...

I thought Naismith was ok in the 2nd half. We had 4 CBs on the pitch at the same time today. Thommo missed an easy chance in the first half and then just moaned at the ref for the rest of the game. Teale could get past the full back any time he wanted. Harkins is wasted up front but I thought he done ok.

The keeper looks absolutely shocking today. Looking at the bench there was only 1 player over 21 and that was Lee Mair and i'm convinced he wasn't even there,

Darling Buds Of Paisley 3-0 Them

[and a new shelf, to hold all our cups]

Can I suggest a wee potted plant to fill that gap on your shelf ?

No gloating here... many of you called it correctly when you spoke about the lack of signings as well as lack of pre season games compared to us. Also -Thompson (and maybe Gowser) had chances today which they would normally bury. I dont see how any team can lose so many players and hope to compete in the top league. I feel sorry for the manager really - if he isnt being given the funds. If he genuinely thinks your squad is fine - then he's the villain of the piece (but I doubt it) Clearly the defence needs strengthened on todays showing.

Maybe Imrie didn't do enough for you last season but it was always on the cards that he would play a big part in todays game. I was absolutely delighted to get him signed as I believed he could do better than us. Today confirmed that. I'm more optimistic for the season ahead than ever now. DL has had a bit of a wake up call I believe.

All the best anyway ! (btw - I thought the playing surface was amazing today)

imrie showed today he's not a very nice guy, his tweets "shhhhhhhhhhh",

"Just like to thank the Morton fans for the reception at the end 2day #fantastic ❤"

Also we found out today that none of our players ever liked him, couldnt wait to go through him.

If you find that in any way offensive, then you must be hell of a sensitive.

I think I disagree with most of this tbh, Thought Naismith looked very good when he came on and hope he starts the season. Cornell was very poor but cant be blamed for any of the goals tbh, vanzy was 100% at fault for the first one, the other 2 were poor defensively and he had no chance of stopping the long range goal. Thought mcgregor was better than Cheesy.

Thommo was woefull but I think that was down to not getting service, harkins looked good, nice wee touches but didnt do much.

Is there video for the game?

I genuinely cannot believe you're not blaming the keeper for any of the goals.

First one he is slow to react and could have saved the deflection. Second one he is glued to his line. Third one he is out of position and too small.

He has no confidence, he never shouted once, he never dominated his area. He looked shy, nervous and hopeless.

He has no confidence. He i

imrie showed today he's not a very nice guy, his tweets "shhhhhhhhhhh",

"Just like to thank the Morton fans for the reception at the end 2day #fantastic ❤"

Also we found out today that none of our players ever liked him, couldnt wait to go through him.

I dont blame Imrie one bit. There were maybe faults on both sides but I never thought Imrie got a decent chance with us as he was rarely played in the position he prefers and was constantly shunted in and out the team. We never let him play to his strengths.

And I thought our fans gave him an unjustifiable hard time. If I was Imrie I too would be giving us two fingers.

No gloating here... many of you called it correctly when you spoke about the lack of signings as well as lack of pre season games compared to us. Also -Thompson (and maybe Gowser) had chances today which they would normally bury. I dont see how any team can lose so many players and hope to compete in the top league. I feel sorry for the manager really - if he isnt being given the funds. If he genuinely thinks your squad is fine - then he's the villain of the piece (but I doubt it) Clearly the defence needs strengthened on todays showing.

Maybe Imrie didn't do enough for you last season but it was always on the cards that he would play a big part in todays game. I was absolutely delighted to get him signed as I believed he could do better than us. Today confirmed that. I'm more optimistic for the season ahead than ever now. DL has had a bit of a wake up call I believe.

Very magnanimous, to be fair.

Morton deserved the win today and looked a pretty solid outfit - you should expect to do well next season, and I wouldn't fancy our teams matching up in a play-off.

The drive and passion was there, and Saints were shown up in this regard.

No gloating here... many of you called it correctly when you spoke about the lack of signings as well as lack of pre season games compared to us. Also -Thompson (and maybe Gowser) had chances today  which they would normally bury. I dont see how any team can lose so many players and hope to compete in the top league. I feel sorry for the manager really - if he isnt being given the funds. If he genuinely thinks your squad is fine - then he's the villain of the piece (but I doubt it) Clearly the defence needs strengthened on todays showing.

Enjoy your win. It was thoroughly deserved.

Sent from my C6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

Mcgregor's going to need to get up to pace mentally really quickly- understand why he might be nervous but we need a committed centre half from the start of the season. Other teams will soon catch on and take advantage. He was fabulous at Ibrox when he scored that brilliant goal and after two seasons recovering from awful injuries he must be raring to go- lot of money on wages too!

FWIW I thought Reilly looked sharp when he came on and had some lovely touches.

Disappointed with Harkins, Goalie was poor but the speed in which Lex was on this forum after every goal showed he was desperate to criticize the keeper to back up his view.

McGregor won a lot in the air and was sharper than I expected him to be, I'm amazed at the amount of elbows their big striker got away with.

It also shows how far out the picture Lee Mair is that we brought on an untested centre half to play at right back ahead of him.

A striker and left back needed urgently IMO.

Just said that to my old man, he finally looked like the player we signed.

2nd pre-season game, another three or so to go, not brilliant but its a meaningless game played in very hot temperatures.

Morton look a good side, hope they do well this season.

I think it was more a case of what he was up against that made him look good,defence was a disgrace today. The two young lads at LB and RB way way out there depth,McGregor was as I expected him to be very nervous and lacking confidence,McAusland was his usual inept self constantly caught out of position and an accident waiting to happen.

The game meant more to M*rton than us and it showed, we have players coming I know this for a fact and thank The Lord we do as if that's what a wee first division team can do to our fragile team think what an SPL outfit will do.

Edited by lovestreet

I think it was more a case of what he was up against that made him look good,defence was a disgrace today. The two young lads at LB and RB way way out there depth,McGregor was as I expected him to be very nervous and lacking confidence,McAusland was his usual inept self constantly caught out of position and an accident waiting to happen.

The game meant more to M*rton than us and it showed, we have players coming I know this for a fact and thank The Lord we do as if that's what a wee first division team can do to our fragile team think what an SPL outfit will do.

What exactly did naismith do wrong?