Renfrewshire Cup Final

No need to wet knickers yet. It's a tough one to take but it's maybe what DL needed to get busy in the market. We need someone in LB and a striker before we progress much further towards the first game of the season.

Had we won today this wake up call may have happened after the window was shut.

This chat about us having no money isn't true. We lost a bunch of players and some were high earners. The books broadly balance and we need to bring in 3 players at least. McLeans injury is also a blow.

I can understand McGregors unease as he is 1 more bad tackle away from having to give the game up if we had more experience in depth i would ship him out on loan to regain his confidence.

God forbid he gets injured but I'd rather he'd been playing for us if he did - he's just as likely get lumps kicked out of him elsewhere. We need all hands to the pumps, and McGregor's been an important player for us so far, and could be again.

Edited by Barney63

Today wasn't great... But it's a pre-season friendly for goodness sake!

I heard fans after the game saying "that's it, we're being relegated this year" "Lennon has to go" blah blah blah.... What a load of crap!!

The deluded individuals amongst our support really need to get a grip!

Everyone was very rusty today but there was some fantastic moments too... McGowan and Teale took their goals very very well! Kelly's ball for Gowser was sublime! I thought both he and Naismith did well... They both do have lots to learn but they coped well enough! Had Vanzy not been injured it may have been a different story!

McGregor didn't look very confident which is understandable but he'll get there! Cheesy played well and put in a good few challenges! Not really sure how they could be at fault for the goals, first was vanzy, second was a bit of a scramble, 3rd was a peach and the 4th - Kelly left Imrie free and he crossed in!

Speaking of Imrie- how bloody frustrating! We never once saw him play with that attitude, skill, pace or anything! What an ungracious little twat!

Harkins showed some great pieces of skill, just needs to get his fitness up I think and he'll be great! Gowser played very well and Reilly looked good too! I would've liked him to start after his mid week goals but I can see why he wasn't risked!

Anyways, onwards and upwards! It's a new season and we all know that there will be more faces appearing in the next week or so!

I'm away to watch the cup final DVD again... :)

2 weeks till the real stuff begins and after watching that today it is very worrying.

There is something very wrong at the club at the moment and I reckon we have people at the helm who really don't want to be there and really don't care what happens on the pitch.

To let the amount of players we have let go and basically only replace 2 is not on, we the paying fans deserve better.

I think it was more a case of what he was up against that made him look good,defence was a disgrace today. The two young lads at LB and RB way way out there depth,McGregor was as I expected him to be very nervous and lacking confidence,McAusland was his usual inept self constantly caught out of position and an accident waiting to happen.

But it wasnt just the defence Imrie was ripping the pish out of. We had only 4 changes from a team that could have featured last season with only two (Cornell and Kelly) never having played in the SPL (Harkins and McGregor having at least 1 year experience each). Goodwin and Gowser both took turns to try to take Imrie out.

Imrie can only play against what's in front of him and he was the best player on the park. I dont think anyone can take that away from him.

He has been. To be fair though it was against a kid left back who has never played a game before - Kelly.

Any half decent right mid would have had a feel day today, Imrie did.

More to do with our defensive short comings than anything.

Where was the cover for Kelly! Harkins showing why Killie punted him

2 weeks till the real stuff begins and after watching that today it is very worrying.

There is something very wrong at the club at the moment and I reckon we have people at the helm who really don't want to be there and really don't care what happens on the pitch.

To let the amount of players we have let go and basically only replace 2 is not on, we the paying fans deserve better.

Does that make you a 'knicker-wetter'? Or just a guy who cares about his club and is worried at the state of things at the moment?

I don't know who Morton's big No 9 was, but he got stuck in about us and wasn't averse to the odd flying elbow either. We can have no complaints, the better team won.

Looking forward to the league season because the guys who normally sit behind me will be back, and the pricks who were temporarily there today will hopefully fcuk off to somewhere better suited for their 'get to fcuk Thompson', 'fcuk off Lennon get a whole new fcuking team in', 'fcuk off Van Zanten you're shit' banter. I'd suggest Parkhead or Ibrox.

For what its worth I thought we went from the sublime(gowser's goal) to the ridiculous. Our back 4. There was enough about Cornell to see that there is a goalie there and a better one that Samson, but he has to adapt to the way we play and sharpen up. The back 4 was a mess not surprising as Kelly was inexperienced and McGregor back from a 2 year lay off. Then further disruption with Vanzy going of and Naisey coming on, That back 5 had never played together and it showed. Morton looked fitter and were clearly ahead of us in match sharpness and wanted it more.

McGinn was hot and cold, Gowser played ok, Teale was the best player on the pitch (not Imrie). Thompson was out of sorts, Harkins clearly was not on the same wavelength as the rest of team and made Carey look like Usain Bolt. I have to admit I was a doubter when he signed and today's showing did not make me change my mind. Flashes of brilliance yes then no pace to get the play moving on.

Reily looked excellent and made a real difference when he came on,

Goodwin was poor, of the pace and aloud himself to get muscled out of too many balls,

Would like a left back and a striker.

On Kellly I would say the boy stuck to his task and he will not play against someone with Imrie's pace every week. Expect him to learn very quickly, but he should not be asked to have to step up to being first pick leftback at this stage of his career

The line that I have taken the time to highlight via the wonders of computing technology sums up my feelings perfectly.

Prior to the game today I ventured into the hospitality suite for a pre-match pint of ale. During this pint of ale drinking session I entered into conversation with another season ticket holder about the state of the current squad. I found myself making the following statement

"You know fellow fan, normally at this fixture we (supporters of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co) are excited to see our new players in action, to get a first look at them, to memorise the faces and assess the skill of the new players. It is after all the most exciting part of pre-season. This year we have one outfield player and a goalkeep. Are you aware of any reason why?".

Something is wrong. Even if Daniel Lennon brings in 5 more players they will still have missed much of pre-season and as such the team cohesion will not be as it should. Something is indeed wrong!

I have enjoyed hi-lighting so I decided to do it some more.

But it wasnt just the defence Imrie was ripping the pish out of. We had only 4 changes from a team that could have featured last season with only two (Cornell and Kelly) never having played in the SPL (Harkins and McGregor having at least 1 year experience each). Goodwin and Gowser both took turns to try to take Imrie out.

Imrie can only play against what's in front of him and he was the best player on the park. I dont think anyone can take that away from him.

I could've ripped the pish our of our defence today they were that bad,Imrie was never the best player on the park Teale was streets ahead of him.

M*rton are gash but were made to look not bad by a poor poor Saints performance

I could've ripped the pish our of our defence today they were that bad,Imrie was never the best player on the park Teale was streets ahead of him.

M*rton are gash but were made to look not bad by a poor poor Saints performance

This is the statement that finally proves you have no brain!1eye.gif