Renfrewshire Cup Final

FFS Billy, I am surprised at you of all folk. It was only our second outing pre-season and, as stated, a number of experiments were carried out. The manager will know what happened as will the players. To begin stating he has a month to get it right is bullshit. Do you know whether he has been given this ultimatum or are you simply stating that timescale?

Should we not wait until we see the full squad that Danny is working with plus how we perform in a competitive match before we make any judgement on how we are likely to perform over the coming season? If it all goes pear-shaped then things will happen but at least give it a bit more time than our second game pre-seaon where players need match practice and fitness.

I wonder if the level of panic would be the same if it had not been the great unwashed who had beaten us in our own park.

I think it's more to do with shipping 4 goals at home to a first division side. The fact it's Morton doesn't make any difference to me. And I think it's the manner in which we capitulated that's getting to people - being found wanting in key positions where lots of Buddies have been concerned that we look like we lack depth, experience, or players naturally suited for those positions.

I can't comment completely myself - I wasn't there, but I talk to people who were, and I read the comments on here. The fans are concerned. And it's not because we lost to Morton specifically.

The Morton third goal.

Is anyone seriously going to tell me the keeper isn't at fault there?

Yeah, I will.

Looks like a f**king great dipping shot by the Morton player. Hit with pace and a huge amount of swerve. Added to that, I wouldn't have been expecting him to shoot from there, and I'd also be expecting my midfield firstly, then my defence, to close him down!!

Yeah, I will.

Looks like a f**king great dipping shot by the Morton player. Hit with pace and a huge amount of swerve. Added to that, I wouldn't have been expecting him to shoot from there, and I'd also be expecting my midfield firstly, then my defence, to close him down!!

Agreed. He was caught off his line but nobody closed the player down. Considering it was only a minute or so in to the second half you would have expected a bit more urgency.

Agreed. He was caught off his line but nobody closed the player down. Considering it was only a minute or so in to the second half you would have expected a bit more urgency.

Although you often find teams lose goals at the beginning of the second half. Lack of concentration and awareness as they haven't got their heads back in the game yet.

To be fair to all concerned, I wouldn't massively blame anyone. It's a very speculative shot, hit with pace and swerve from distance. The kind of shot that usually goes miles wide or over. Sometimes they come off (Carey against Hearts) and rather than say well done to the scorer, everybody looks to blame the keeper.

Yep......And have your day in the sun.........Season starts soon........ SPL and DIV 1 or whatever they are called now.......Think we will stay up and you will stay down........Nothing new there then.

A valid opinion, as this has been the case for so long, I however live in hopecool.png (of us going up, obviously)!

Thought the keeper looked a bit dodgy but at the end of they day he was only at fault for one of the goals (the third) and even then it was a great strike. You don't become the Wales U21 keeper without being talented so let's give him a chance rather than dismiss him as not good enough after one pre season game.

Losing four goals to a first division side at home obviously isn't a good sign but it is one of the first times Mcausland and Mcgregor have played together and Mcgregor hasn't played a competive game in nearly a year.

That's what pre season is for.

The Morton third goal.

Is anyone seriously going to tell me the keeper isn't at fault there?

Hard to tell from that angle, and I wasn't there at the time.

Looks awfully similar to Carey's strike that won goal of the season, and I don't think any of us said that McDonald was at fault for that goal.

Hard to tell from that angle, and I wasn't there at the time.

Looks awfully similar to Carey's strike that won goal of the season, and I don't think any of us said that McDonald was at fault for that goal.

Carey's was from much further out and right in the corner.

Me and my mate actually stood and applauded that goal, absolute screamer. The rest of the goals were woeful defending. Keeper was slightly at fault for some, but the defence was all over the place. Hopefully with a bit more time the keeper can command his back line a better.

On another note though, fantastic game from Teale. Our man of the match by a mile.

Carey's was from much further out and right in the corner.

So Cornell had even less time to react than MacDonald.

From what I'd read on here I was expecting a total gaffe from the guy, but from the video it looks like you've just got to applaud the strike.

The 'keeper was well off his line as might be expected as he wasn't anticipating having a save to make and was watching the play. Had he been on his line, it would have been a relatively straightforward enough stop (think back to the McFadden goal against France in Paris when the 'keeper was most certainly at fault yet who would deny that it was a great hit), but, as it is, it was a great strike that we would have been messing our jeans over had Harkins or McGinn scored it.

Live with it folks.

Edited by Drew

Shame you don't have any "proof" of me being a "man of many names"! I've admitted that I was Jakub Friedrichsen and Inter City Saint. I was told those accounts were barred because I had asked for my accounts to be closed/barred on countless occasions which was pure nonsense as I've never requested that. I would still be Jakub Friedrichsen (my first account) if the moderators had spoken to me first and not listened to clowns like you and Faraway Saint/Saint_Sad and SalmonBuddie (or are you the same person? lol.gif)

Away for the weekend so haven't been on in the last couple of days - proof of the paranoia you denied on the other thread you closed to ensure you got the last word. For the record, I've never had a conversation with any of the moderators about you in any of your many aliases, you're not important enough. Nothing has led me to do that although I did report something a while back which I considered racist.

The unwarranted personal abuse given out here may just change that........

Edited by salmonbuddie