Renfrewshire Cup Final

You have to bear in mind that this is a Morton side who've practically only just met each other.

New keeper,

New forward,

New right winger (thanks for him, he was MOTM)

3 new back 4, left back who struggled against Teale is actually a centre half who was put there for an experiment.

New midfield apart from wee Fred.

THAT is worrying for The Skunks, I'd say. We've lost Michael Tidser and Peter mcDonald, our top scorers last year.

Not gloating at all, promise! You looked very poor. Harkins is a player I greatly admire and a local lad, but he wasn't in it, looked unfit.

Gowser is pure class and will always be fondly remembered by Morton fans

Teale can still cut it but as said was up against a Slovakian centre back who can't speak English :)

Interesting times for both sides.

For what its worth I thought we went from the sublime(gowser's goal) to the ridiculous. Our back 4. There was enough about Cornell to see that there is a goalie there and a better one that Samson, but he has to adapt to the way we play and sharpen up. The back 4 was a mess not surprising as Kelly was inexperienced and McGregor back from a 2 year lay off. Then further disruption with Vanzy going of and Naisey coming on, That back 5 had never played together and it showed. Morton looked fitter and were clearly ahead of us in match sharpness and wanted it more.

McGinn was hot and cold, Gowser played ok, Teale was the best player on the pitch (not Imrie). Thompson was out of sorts, Harkins clearly was not on the same wavelength as the rest of team and made Carey look like Usain Bolt. I have to admit I was a doubter when he signed and today's showing did not make me change my mind. Flashes of brilliance yes then no pace to get the play moving on.

Reily looked excellent and made a real difference when he came on,

Goodwin was poor, of the pace and aloud himself to get muscled out of too many balls,

Would like a left back and a striker.

On Kellly I would say the boy stuck to his task and he will not play against someone with Imrie's pace every week. Expect him to learn very quickly, but he should not be asked to have to step up to being first pick leftback at this stage of his career

Players are on their way in.

Sent you a PM

The line that I have taken the time to highlight via the wonders of computing technology sums up my feelings perfectly.

Prior to the game today I ventured into the hospitality suite for a pre-match pint of ale. During this pint of ale drinking session I entered into conversation with another season ticket holder about the state of the current squad. I found myself making the following statement

"You know fellow fan, normally at this fixture we (supporters of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co) are excited to see our new players in action, to get a first look at them, to memorise the faces and assess the skill of the new players. It is after all the most exciting part of pre-season. This year we have one outfield player and a goalkeep. Are you aware of any reason why?".

Something is wrong. Even if Daniel Lennon brings in 5 more players they will still have missed much of pre-season and as such the team cohesion will not be as it should. Something is indeed wrong!

I have enjoyed hi-lighting so I decided to do it some more.

Brilliant post. Made me laugh out loud. Or LOL, as I believe the yoof would say/post/tweet.

Love hearing Morton's fans talking up the Renfrewshire Friendly as world beaters because they beat us !!

I'll be looking on in admiration when Morton win the league cup and first division this season - scottish cup could also be in their sights at this rate for such a display today.

Must be an exciting year ahead for the majestic greenock morton with Couldnae Doug(nae) cut it Imrie running the show (ooft watch out Scottish Football you have been warned) Morton will be the team to fear next season!!!

cloud9.gifwhistling.gif

Love hearing Morton's fans talking up the Renfrewshire Friendly as world beaters because they beat us !!

I'll be looking on in admiration when Morton win the league cup and first division this season - scottish cup could also be in their sights at this rate for such a display today.

Must be an exciting year ahead for the majestic greenock morton with Couldnae Doug(nae) cut it Imrie running the show (ooft watch out Scottish Football you have been warned) Morton will be the team to fear next season!!!

cloud9.gifwhistling.gif

Let, first service.

Try again.

:cloud9:whistle

Teams will have more to fear from Morton than they will from us we are utter shite Edited by elvis

Let, first service.

Try again.

No thanks as mentioned ill keep an eye out at Morton's attempt AGAIN this season to win the first division

#daydreambeliever

Morton holds the record for the most promotions and relegations into the top flight (10 promotions and 10 relegations), however they have never competed in the current Scottish Premier League, having last competed in 1988 in the old Scottish Football League Premier Division.

No thanks as mentioned ill keep an eye out at Morton's attempt AGAIN this season to win the first division

#daydreambeliever

Morton holds the record for the most promotions and relegations into the top flight (10 promotions and 10 relegations), however they have never competed in the current Scottish Premier League, having last competed in 1988 in the old Scottish Football League Premier Division.

f**k, quick somebody rush me to the burns unit!

Wish i'd known this, i'd have stopped supporting Morton years ago. Always wondered why we never got to play Celtic and Rangers despite being in the same league as them every year.

Players are on their way in.

Sent you a PM

Got and it confirms my leads, Right now I'm angry about the amount of time Danny waste trying to get Watt in. Its almost 6 weeks since negotiations started. (Thanks for the heads up) and its held us back big time

Teale was certainly our best player by far but suffered from a severe lack of service especially in the second half. He was usually in acres of space and shouting for the ball but the back four passed it to each other instead of him. We have got to get the ball to him more often and a lot quicker.

Did the wee team win the friendly, then?

No big deal.

Knickerwetting's started early this season.

Ah my good, good, good, good, good, no bad friend Bulto.

It feels like such a long time since we communicated directly. I miss our little grammar schoolings and I often (very often) leave a miscreant apostrophe for you to notice. Like Bulto bait if you will!

I am compelled to voice my disappointment however that such an accomplished wordsmith and finger wagger would waste his natural talent for all things grammatical by resorting to the overly used term "knickerwetter" that has come to plague the conversationally afflicted amongst our forum using number.

In future I would hope, neigh expect that you will use your gift of grammatically correct written word to furnish us all with more content and therefor further enrich this fine little forum of ours. Fine little forum indeed.

I share your frustrations over the result but I think the bit of your post I've highlighted is a bit harsh. Yes, we all know that there a few people who wish to sell their shares because they feel they have taken the Club as far as they can and they have admitted they are tired but surely it is in their interests for the Club to continue to do well and not get relegated if they are indeed to sell their shares at some point?

You'd think so wouldn't you? But I don't see much evidence to the contrary of Luther's post.

You don't hear from some people all the while that things aren't great and the real fans are restless. Then, as soon as there's some good news you see the same people pushing their way into the cameras, hugging players and wiping away fake tears.

Many Morton fans will remember McGowan for his achievements and effort when he was here, he was superb and clearly too good for the division. Really glad he's went onto a higher league and doing well, gave his all for us.

Today was a classic example of 2 new teams going against each other in a 'competitive friendly' which both teams wanted to win.

Mega overreaction from some on here regarding the game although St Mirren obviously need a few more signings, it's not 'relegation' time yet. Settle ffs.

Thistle lost 2 really decent players and will struggle to replace them, Hearts are, well, Hearts....so god knows what happens there. You lot wont be in any trouble barring a disaster.

Good to see McGregor may be fit again, been there and seen a McGregor struggle with fitness for years, it's not pleasant.

Anyway, good luck for the season, hope we meet again, in more competitive circumstances to gain 'true' bragging rights.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But I don't see much evidence to the contrary of Luther's post.

You don't hear from some people all the while that things aren't great and the real fans are restless. Then, as soon as there's some good news you see the same people pushing their way into the cameras, hugging players and wiping away fake tears.

Some people just can't handle the emotional demands of following football

The Keeper was a nightmare can we send him back down to wales before we start the season as with this young lad in goal we are going to have to score 5 goals to win any game.

also Cheesy and McGregor looked lost against first division players what will they be like when we face better teams.

not looking forward to the upcoming season after being embarrassed today.

Dougie Imrie gave danny lennon a deserved kick in the balls today by playing how we wanted him to play for st mirren.

Dougie Imrie gave us all a boot in the balls by playing the way we all wanted him to play for St Mirren, let's not forget he was f**king useless for us.

cloud9.gifwhistling.gif

You are shit. Not St Mirren, you, personally.

What a rubbish post :)