Women's Euro's

faraway saint

In the 70s occasionally West Ham Ladies FC were 'playing' near us on Wanstead Flats. At the time, none of them were any good. Easily brushed off the ball and passing was an unknown art. They wanted to play with and against us but we didn't want to. Honestly - no jokes intended - it was boring playing with them.

I was saying to a pal last week that women players nowadays are a wholly different breed and I'm happy to say there are hunners (probably thoosans) who are better players than ever I was. It just required the expectation they could be good at it plus the practice, experience and hard work/dedication.

I've seen none of this current competition but when I have seen women's professional fitba on a pub tv, for instance, I am impressed.

In the 70s occasionally West Ham Ladies FC were 'playing' near us on Wanstead Flats. At the time, none of them were any good. Easily brushed off the ball and passing was an unknown art. They wanted to play with and against us but we didn't want to. Honestly - no jokes intended - it was boring playing with them.

I was saying to a pal last week that women players nowadays are a wholly different breed and I'm happy to say there are hunners (probably thoosans) who are better players than ever I was. It just required the expectation they could be good at it plus the practice, experience and hard work/dedication.

I've seen none of this current competition but when I have seen women's professional fitba on a pub tv, for instance, I am impressed.

At times, and I've watched quite a bit of women's international games, they can pass the ball about but, in my opinion, they are poor at tackling and, as mentioned, a large amount of goalies are better suited to the circus.

The continual PR by women's football to be taken seriously will continue to fall on it's arse due, mainly, to rubbish goalies. lol.gif

Was it watchable Robert.

I was on a first aid course a few weeks ago at Hampden beside me was a coach for Hamilton Accies women team.

He was their strength and conditioning coach,i was shocked the amount of training these women put in.

Shames many of our part time teams and possibly full time teams as they are amateur. 5 nights a week and their game on a Sunday

It will never be the same standard of the men's game.

A decent amateur mens team would take care of our International team i would wager

Was it watchable Robert.

I was on a first aid course a few weeks ago at Hampden beside me was a coach for Hamilton Accies women team.

He was their strength and conditioning coach,i was shocked the amount of training these women put in.

Shames many of our part time teams and possibly full time teams as they are amateur. 5 nights a week and their game on a Sunday

It will never be the same standard of the men's game.

A decent amateur mens team would take care of our International team i would wager

At times, yes, going forward the standard was pretty decent.

Defending, as I've said, is poor, not great at positioning or tackling.

Possibly I'm being a tad harsh on the goalies but the howlers are HOWLERS. They are all over the place, I know one old goalie who could give them some assistance in that area.

At times, yes, going forward the standard was pretty decent.

Defending, as I've said, is poor, not great at positioning or tackling.

Possibly I'm being a tad harsh on the goalies but the howlers are HOWLERS. They are all over the place, I know one old goalie who could give them some assistance in that area.

Stick a wig on him and his moobs could past for tits anyway and the job a good un

You don't need to look any further than last nights England game.

Not just the howler at the end, just the general handling and positioning.

Ok.

Just caught the highlights of Finland. 0. V Sweden. 5

Not goalkeeping FUs. Good goals.

Perhaps the 4th could have been stopped with a stronger hand. Perhaps.

She also saved a sure-fire 6th.

Your thesis needs further testing.