T In The Park

Stuart Dickson

Fine but that's not the point I'm making. If you read my post again I've said that I'm fine with music like that being sold. What I think is out of order is it being marketed as a live performance.

No, I know the point you're making. But, again, if some people like it, is that not a good thing? I'm sure they're not really bothered.

I don't like boy bands - a bunch of posing cunts lined up at the front of a stage singing. None of them playing any instruments, and the music is complete bollocks, in my opinion. But...millions of people love them! So, fair enough, I think.

Music is, and should be, very subjective. People's likes and dislikes are their own business. And what people are happy to accept is up to them. There aren't 50,000 people watching Calvin Harris because they're in the queues for hamburgers or beer, and there's nowhere else to stand!

Always puzzled me how they can make money when there is about 36 of them in the group?

Great tunes right enough. Posted Image

some people just like making music rather than just doing it for the money. They probably think christ all 36 of us are getting our travel costs and entry to party at t in the park for performing a few tracks which we would enjoy doing in our back garden for free anyway, winner! :ph34r:

I'm not saying that the likes of Calvin Harris or Fatboy Slim are charlatans, or talentless chancers - far from it.

I have some of their long playing records in my collection.

I wouldn't cross the road to see them 'play live'. Just my opinion, and it's a subjective matter.

I'm not saying that the likes of Calvin Harris or Fatboy Slim are charlatans, or talentless chancers - far from it.

I have some of their long playing records in my collection.

I wouldn't cross the road to see them 'play live'. Just my opinion, and it's a subjective matter.

That's absolutely right.

'Good' is a compliment to them. They're 'alright'. The crowd look like a right bunch of chavvy bastards though! Especially when you hear that 'here we f**kin go' neddy f**king chant.

Isn't someone's opinion that a band are good relevant to them and your opinion isn't?

It's been heavily voiced music is objective, so best leave someone's opinion as that. thumbdown.gif

Isn't someone's opinion that a band are good relevant to them and your opinion isn't?

It's been heavily voiced music is objective, so best leave someone's opinion as that. Posted Image

I agree.

Though, that still allows me an opinion too, doesn't it?

We're all full of opinions, as long as we accept that others have them too, that's fine, no?

xxx

I agree.

Though, that still allows me an opinion too, doesn't it?

We're all full of opinions, as long as we accept that others have them too, that's fine, no?

xxx

Indeed, just saying that another's opinion should be changed to alright from good isn't really your place.

The more you post the more I like you. wub.png

PS Some of the bands are pish. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Indeed, just saying that another's opinion should be changed to alright from good isn't really your place.

The more you post the more I like you. Posted Image

PS Some of the bands are pish. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wasn't trying to change dmc's opinion, merely stating mine.

Thanks for your kind words though. You'll find I'm very astute and interesting over the next few months hopefully.