T In The Park

Stuart Dickson

I just think they've got really boring over the years. Bit like Kings Of Leon, they started out sounding great, but then started becoming too mainstream and middle of the road sounding.

Just not really my thing any more, unfortunately.

I can see where you are coming from but, Mr Brightside....come on!!

Still a good song. Still got loads of good songs. They just don't excite me any more. There's far, far better new groups out there.

I kinda feel the same about the Killers, if you listen to the singles, mostly pretty good but very "samey" but that could well be aimed at the majority of artists.

Every band/artist has a sound/style and very few can change that, and only after many years.

Best just to celebrate what turns you on and just accept music is a joy and not everyone's cup of tea is the same as the next persons.

Ok, so I'm partial to a little bit of music and I've been catching up with yesterdays programme. Unfortunately so far all I can say about it is WTF.

What I am seeing is the main stage having been handed over to some group of chancers called "Chase and Status" who play a video with their "guest" singer on it while a drummer kids on he's playing and a guy stands behind a laptop. They've also got someone up front who appears to have the job of being a fanny miming to the song without holding a mic to his face and occasionally shouting at the crowd that he can't hear them. He's got some f**king cheek. I'm not saying the tracks themselves were bad but how the f**k does this shit get booked for a live set anywhere.

Yo Dicky. It's yoof innit. £200 smackers to like sleep in a tent and like listen to like boring pish music is like a bargain like.

Apparently when you're over 30 you are not allowed to have opinions about modern "music", have sex, wear cool clothing or know what having a good time is. Apparently we are all "old" now.

Shhhhh don't tell the under 30's that our generation actually organised T in the Park, that it's named after a corporate sponsor, that our generation designed and manufactured the instruments used by the bands, designed the clothes most of them bought from Primark, designed and built the stage, sorted out all the refreshments and control the entire music industry itself. Our generation requires that young generation to think that they have somehow found the keys to Castle Cool and are the sole owners.

Let's just keep that as our wee secret because we need these gullible twats to pay our pensions and keep our businesses afloat. I mean what other generation spends £100 on a branded pair of jeans when you can buy the same material but unbranded for £12 and thinks that they are getting "pure quality maaaaaan"? Who else is stupid enough to laugh at £6 trainers in Asda but will spend £40 on exactly the same thing because someone wrote the word "Converse" on it? I wonder if the kids who made those branded jeans in Bangladesh agree about the quality?

I love young people. When I was a software engineer they kept me in a nice house by unnecessarily buying up the latest mobile phones I was involved in designing (yes those wee ipads and things are largely designed and built by our generation too).

Yo Dicky. It's yoof innit. £200 smackers to like sleep in a tent and like listen to like boring pish music is like a bargain like.

Apparently when you're over 30 you are not allowed to have opinions about modern "music", have sex, wear cool clothing or know what having a good time is. Apparently we are all "old" now.

Shhhhh don't tell the under 30's that our generation actually organised T in the Park, that it's named after a corporate sponsor, that our generation designed and manufactured the instruments used by the bands, designed the clothes most of them bought from Primark, designed and built the stage, sorted out all the refreshments and control the entire music industry itself. Our generation requires that young generation to think that they have somehow found the keys to Castle Cool and are the sole owners.

Let's just keep that as our wee secret because we need these gullible twats to pay our pensions and keep our businesses afloat. I mean what other generation spends £100 on a branded pair of jeans when you can buy the same material but unbranded for £12 and thinks that they are getting "pure quality maaaaaan"? Who else is stupid enough to laugh at £6 trainers in Asda but will spend £40 on exactly the same thing because someone wrote the word "Converse" on it? I wonder if the kids who made those branded jeans in Bangladesh agree about the quality?

I love young people. When I was a software engineer they kept me in a nice house by unnecessarily buying up the latest mobile phones I was involved in designing (yes those wee ipads and things are largely designed and built by our generation too).

You're cool. punk.gif

Punters were told not to bring in fireworks, flares, etc or they would get arrested.

Two eejits brought in flares and promptly got arrested.

How thick are some people ?

In fairness you're asking that question about people who paid £200 to live in a tent and listen to someone who had plugged in a laptop.

The flares thing was mildly stupid in comparison.

I try as hard as I can to avoid saying "You don't call that music, do you?" to the young'uns - mind it's not always easy. spudnikdiscoball.gif

Would've loved to have seen Kraftwerk get more TV coverage. glasses.gifglasses.gifglasses.gifglasses.gif

Aye, the argument being that our parents said that to us as well.

.......Problem is........they were fecking right.

80's music was mostly pish but even the stuff I loved back then was also pish when I listen back to it.

Only a few good songs remain from that era (at least the songs making it into the charts).

Depressing really.

Oaky is cool.

My denims cost £3.70 in the Sale at Sainsbury.

My Trainers were under 20 quid.

My Sony Ericsson is 8 years old and covers my wants without me needing to upgrade to a 500 buck phone.

Me cool tae ?

Been there. Done that. In the 80s.

Thanks (belatedly)' Oaky. :)