T In The Park

Stuart Dickson

Ok... got back yesterday afternoon and spent most of yesterday catching up on sleep and doing laundry (muds is actually easier to clean off than the fecking dust). Without responding to all the things raised by others I'll pick up on a few points.

I'm 38 and have been to TITP for a number of years, but this was the first time I actually camped out as previously did the commute daily back and forward from Bonnybridge (clean bed and warm showers!), but living back in Paisley we decided this time to go camping. The campsite is not for the faint hearted and yeah there are a good number of idiots there, but more so the 30 somethings than youngsters in my experience. We'd ended up camped next to a group of about 10 guys from Killie, all between 17-20 and they were great, noisy and partied all night but did no damage. The biggest problem were the adult with disposable incomes who behaved like twats and wrecked tents, or set fire to them on the Monday etc. For anyone taking a phone, or anything of any value, there were on site lockers (with charging points) which are great to avoid getting stuff nicked. The booze is over priced, but we did several early runs back and forward to the car and Sainsbury's in Kinross to top up, and did a fair bit of drinking in the camp site between bands... next year we will be better prepped at smuggling drinks into the main site!

On the music side I get some of the comments about Calvin Harris, I was pissed off as it wasn't flagged as a DJ set (had been in previous years) and was a bit of a let down for me. However I would argue about Chase n Status, and Labrinth, Disclosure, and Rudimental, as I saw all of them over the weekend and they all "played" live, and yeah for some bits that means elements of pre-recorded loops and drums, but much like rock and indie gigs it's as much about being part of the communal experience of being around others who enjoy the music. For the "dance" acts (the latter 3) I saw in Kig Tuts tent the audience was really well mixed in terms of ages ranging from the young kids of 30 somethings, upto and including folks in their 40s n 50s. Highlights for the weekend for me was Miles Kane, looking forward to seeing him in September again.

We'd a great weekend and will definitely be back next year smile.png

Good post from someone who was actually there rather than the mince from people who seen a glimpse of highlights or have never been to this event, or anything like it. thumbup2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Ok... got back yesterday afternoon and spent most of yesterday catching up on sleep and doing laundry (muds is actually easier to clean off than the fecking dust). Without responding to all the things raised by others I'll pick up on a few points.

I'm 38 and have been to TITP for a number of years, but this was the first time I actually camped out as previously did the commute daily back and forward from Bonnybridge (clean bed and warm showers!), but living back in Paisley we decided this time to go camping. The campsite is not for the faint hearted and yeah there are a good number of idiots there, but more so the 30 somethings than youngsters in my experience. We'd ended up camped next to a group of about 10 guys from Killie, all between 17-20 and they were great, noisy and partied all night but did no damage. The biggest problem were the adult with disposable incomes who behaved like twats and wrecked tents, or set fire to them on the Monday etc. For anyone taking a phone, or anything of any value, there were on site lockers (with charging points) which are great to avoid getting stuff nicked. The booze is over priced, but we did several early runs back and forward to the car and Sainsbury's in Kinross to top up, and did a fair bit of drinking in the camp site between bands... next year we will be better prepped at smuggling drinks into the main site!

On the music side I get some of the comments about Calvin Harris, I was pissed off as it wasn't flagged as a DJ set (had been in previous years) and was a bit of a let down for me. However I would argue about Chase n Status, and Labrinth, Disclosure, and Rudimental, as I saw all of them over the weekend and they all "played" live, and yeah for some bits that means elements of pre-recorded loops and drums, but much like rock and indie gigs it's as much about being part of the communal experience of being around others who enjoy the music. For the "dance" acts (the latter 3) I saw in Kig Tuts tent the audience was really well mixed in terms of ages ranging from the young kids of 30 somethings, upto and including folks in their 40s n 50s. Highlights for the weekend for me was Miles Kane, looking forward to seeing him in September again.

We'd a great weekend and will definitely be back next year smile.png

Chase n Status didn't have "a few pre recorded loops and drums" - every track on their set bar one had pre recorded vocals playing on a video in the background. That's piss poor in anyone's language.and it's certainly not live. They were no more than VJ's with a really annoying wanker up front shouting at the audience.

Good post from someone who was actually there rather than the mince from people who seen a glimpse of highlights or have never been to this event, or anything like it. thumbup2.gif

Could you possibly get your head any further up his arse?

Nobody loves me either but........a wee bit of dignity wouldn't go amiss.

We are British after all......for now anyway.

Edited by oaksoft

Could you possibly get your head any further up his arse?

Nobody loves me either but........a wee bit of dignity wouldn't go amiss.

We are British after all......for now anyway.

Will you be my friend? whistling.gif

Naw wait, you posted lots of pish on this thread, fcuk off, ah don't like you! lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

We'd a great weekend and will definitely be back next year :)

We were in the tangerine fields. There's less idiots but it is more expensive. Might look into a private campsite next year to get away from the fannies.