Tony Watt

shull

I have heard so much bull on here and I'm fed up with it. When Scott burns of the express tells me that we're in for a player I will believe it maybe but not on here. Keep the faith folks Motherwell are signing McFadden and McManus hibs are signing Thomson and vine county are bringing in four Dutchmen and caley have bought up six new boys. Add to that stjohnstone have got WothErspoon and now Aberdeen add a really good gk in weaver as well as Robson signing for them. Now with Newton, dummett, Imrie, guy, Parkin ,Carey, Adam, Samson, goncalves , all gone do those dillusional fans really think that we are going to be anything better than bottom feeders? What happens is that teams get players in early so that the are fit and are they have time to shape their teams style of play. We were 11th last year despite Thompsons heroics and McGowan playing 75 percent of games. Bringing in not one but two rookie goalies and an under 20 that Danny says is one for the future is crazy. The fact is that we are far far weaker and yet folk seem to believe the top six will be a possibility? How ? Are we going to have no injuries or suspensions? Whether new players come now is a mystery but if they do they will already be playing catchup in the fitness stakes and getting them moulded into the tinker mans way of playing will be a challenge. I think that for a team that lost so many players the management have been far too slow to find replacements. Remember Danny told us way way back before the end of last season he knew the players he wanted in and well it just shows you that here we are 2.5 weeks away and we have one serious signing in harkins. Thistle and us are the bookies faves alongside hearts to go down! I wonder why? The bookies aren't often wrong either!

Edited by norrie82

Guest somner9

I can exclusively reveal SMFC HAVE contacted CFC to enquire about a possible season lone deal for Wattzo,the reason I know this is I just received a text from my mole. I know his agent and he has already said that they are keen on a move to the Championship but time us moving on and Wattzo isn't keen on warming the bench or playing 21's he wants first team action,it would appear he and Lennzo have had words.

Like the words Lennzo had with our very own Goodzo? "Yir a real hard man, ya fanny"

I have heard so much bull on here and I'm fed up with it. When Scott burns of the express tells me that we're in for a player I will believe it maybe but not on here. Keep the faith folks Motherwell are signing McFadden and McManus hibs are signing Thomson and vine county are bringing in four Dutchmen and caley have bought up six new boys. Add to that stjohnstone have got WothErspoon and now Aberdeen add a really good gk in weaver as well as Robson signing for them. Now with Newton, dummett, Imrie, guy, Parkin ,Carey, Adam, Samson, goncalves , all gone do those dillusional fans really think that we are going to be anything better than bottom feeders? What happens is that teams get players in early so that the are fit and are they have time to shape their teams style of play. We were 11th last year despite Thompsons heroics and McGowan playing 75 percent of games. Bringing in not one but two rookie goalies and an under 20 that Danny says is one for the future is crazy. The fact is that we are far far weaker and yet folk seem to believe the top six will be a possibility? How ? Are we going to have no injuries or suspensions? Whether new players come now is a mystery but if they do they will already be playing catchup in the fitness stakes and getting them moulded into the tinker mans way of playing will be a challenge. I think that for a team that lost so many players the management have been far too slow to find replacements. Remember Danny told us way way back before the end of last season he knew the players he wanted in and well it just shows you that here we are 2.5 weeks away and we have one serious signing in harkins. Thistle and us are the bookies faves alongside hearts to go down! I wonder why? The bookies aren't often wrong either!

Norrie, other than McFadden (quality player) the others you mentioned were not considered good enough for their previous clubs and I don't consider any of them earth shattering signings. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in terms of getting players in or whether there is a budget to bring more on board. The other thing to consider is that the club could have made numerous offers to players and they were turned down due to a) the salary being too small or cool.png other clubs outbidding us. Of the players you mentioned leaving, I would only have shed a tear for Goncalves and the Newcastle boys. Samson is a good keeper but there are equally other good keepers and we need to wait and see how good the two boys we have brought in are. There is also time to bring in a left back and another striker is that is deemed necessary by the management team. Finally, I understand the concerns but the continuation of St Mirren as a solvent club operating within its means is paramount and a number of those clubs bringing in new players have likely done this by stretching their player budgets. If remaining with our budget means we operate with more young guys coming through then sobeit. Far better to have a club that survives than one that does not balance the books and ends up in administration or worse liquidation.

Edited by nedflanders123

Somebody's no happy :L

we need the youth set up to produce a forward like Watt,they ve had years to do it,if our lot are not good enough at 16/17 whatever don t let loyalty ( ie they have been there for 8/9 years) , identify where there are better and get them in then

we need quality control to produce what we need,we have the facilities, just like Scotland have introduced , its no use having a huge cost for youth development if they cannot produce what we need

we need the youth set up to produce a forward like Watt,they ve had years to do it,if our lot are not good enough at 16/17 whatever don t let loyalty ( ie they have been there for 8/9 years) , identify where there are better and get them in then

we need quality control to produce what we need,we have the facilities, just like Scotland have introduced , its no use having a huge cost for youth development if they cannot produce what we need

You mean like McLean, McGinn and Reilly? And a whole bunch of boys waiting to make the step up this season?

And ironically it wasn't any youth system that produced watt, he was a diamond in the rough that Celtic can afford to take a chance with.

Translation:- "Moan whine whimper blah blah blah crazy embarassed yadda yadda complain feck sob Aberdeen sob disgrace lack of ambition whine moan moan and moan again. Did I say moan?"

At least, that's what I read. Norrie you are like a broken f**king record.

Edited by oaksoft

BTW when you add players like Guy, Parkin, Imrie, Carey and Adam with their combined first team starts of about 3 last season you make yourself look like a tit. We've lost about 3 or 4 genuinely good players and brought in one leaving us just 2 or 3 short of where we were last season now FFS gie us a break.

i really think rielly will come good this year and chip in with 10+ goals combined with thomo should be a strikeforce that would chip in with 30+ goals i would take that not to mention the midfielders. I do however fear that we have no one at left back. i feel this is the key position to fill(unless mair at left back is the plan) then and only then should we look at signing watt but left back has to be the priority.

BTW when you add players like Guy, Parkin, Imrie, Carey and Adam with their combined first team starts of about 3 last season you make yourself look like a tit. We've lost about 3 or 4 genuinely good players and brought in one leaving us just 2 or 3 short of where we were last season now FFS gie us a break.

I think that they played more than that hard man. You clearly do not get why you need more than one striker as it adds competition for places. We're going to bring in a couple or maybe three of that I now have no doubt. I know that you may find this strange but I'm happy after speaking to a media friend tonight. Not love street and all his crap a media man who seems v confident were not done yet in the market. Oak soft my man take a chill pill your too easy to bait

Let's really cut the crap here.

If anyone thinks that with the current squad, with it's limited size and lack of experience, that we'll be anything other than strugglers all season, then you're very, very deluded.

I hope there are a few more players to come in, I really do. If it doesn't happen then I will be very concerned.

I also fail to see how we can be just living within our means, surely we must be well under budget at the moment compared to last season!?? I don't want to see us overspend, just spend!!

i really think rielly will come good this year and chip in with 10+ goals combined with thomo should be a strikeforce that would chip in with 30+ goals i would take that not to mention the midfielders. I do however fear that we have no one at left back. i feel this is the key position to fill(unless mair at left back is the plan) then and only then should we look at signing watt but left back has to be the priority.

Left back is key and the priority?

Its nuts!

We won the Scottish Cup in 1959 AND 1987 without a left back. We operated for most of the 80s - the most successful era in the club's history without a left back!

The ultra successful Aberdeen & Dundee United sides of the early 80s operated without left backs.

They all succeeded with right footed players at left back. Indeed, Aberdeen used a right footed centre half at left back!

The priority is NOT a left back. David Barron had his best season and won all the club player of the year awards when he played an entire season at left back. We have a couple of youngsters in the reserves who can play left back.

Edited by Isabella Duke

Let's really cut the crap here.

If anyone thinks that with the current squad, with it's limited size and lack of experience, that we'll be anything other than strugglers all season, then you're very, very deluded.

I hope there are a few more players to come in, I really do. If it doesn't happen then I will be very concerned.

I also fail to see how we can be just living within our means, surely we must be well under budget at the moment compared to last season!?? I don't want to see us overspend, just spend!!

The problem isn't the players - we have quality players. The problem is that we have a clueless manager who doesn't know how to use them!

The problem isn't the players - we have quality players. The problem is that we have a clueless manager who doesn't know how to use them!

There's a wee bit of that too. But as I've said before, you can only piss with the cock you've got ;-)

The board could give him a bigger cock. It doesn't need to be as big as other manager's cocks, but it should at least be a cock he can show people with pride, and piss freely and confidently with.

Gonnae give us some paragraphs ?

Edited by shull

Left back is key and the priority?

Its nuts!

We won the Scottish Cup in 1959 AND 1987 without a left back. We operated for most of the 80s - the most successful era in the club's history without a left back!

The ultra successful Aberdeen & Dundee United sides of the early 80s operated without left backs.

They all succeeded with right footed players at left back. Indeed, Aberdeen used a right footed centre half at left back!

The priority is NOT a left back. David Barron had his best season and won all the club player of the year awards when he played an entire season at left back. We have a couple of youngsters in the reserves who can play left back.

Well, you can rule him out.

He may have a more serious ankle injury.