Tony Watt

shull

From Watt l heard , Motherwell are the hot favourites to be loaned his services. .

Motherwell have already spent their cash signing McFadden. My guess is that he will stay at Celtic now

Edited by insaintee

• 4 weeks later...

And the 'Tony Watt' thread starts to pick up speed again, as the 'Adam Campbell' thread inevitably dies off a bit.

A sign of our clutching at straws in the most disappointing pre-season I've ever known, after a cup win and the wave of optimism it brought.

Hang your heads in shame, custodians of St.Mirren FC, for failing to capitalise on the potential to take our club onto bigger & better things without too much problem.

Opportunities like this won't come up often in our history.

And the 'Tony Watt' thread starts to pick up speed again, as the 'Adam Campbell' thread inevitably dies off a bit.

A sign of our clutching at straws in the most disappointing pre-season I've ever known, after a cup win and the wave of optimism it brought.

Hang your heads in shame, custodians of St.Mirren FC, for failing to capitalise on the potential to take our club onto bigger & better things without too much problem.

Opportunities like this won't come up often in our history.

Do you remember the season after our previous cup win. Thankfully the current custodians still do and are not repeating the spending splurge that followed that. All this "shame on you" stuff is total shite. Do you honestly think that Lennon and the board are not attempting to get players in. There is not much we can do if players don't want to come to us or they are outwith our budget. Most on here are starting to sound like they couldn't care less WHO we sign as long as we sign someone. Personally I'm much happier to wait for the right player and the price always drops the closer to the close of the window we get.

Do you remember the season after our previous cup win. Thankfully the current custodians still do and are not repeating the spending splurge that followed that. All this "shame on you" stuff is total shite. Do you honestly think that Lennon and the board are not attempting to get players in. There is not much we can do if players don't want to come to us or they are outwith our budget. Most on here are starting to sound like they couldn't care less WHO we sign as long as we sign someone. Personally I'm much happier to wait for the right player and the price always drops the closer to the close of the window we get.

We didn't spend much the season after winning the cup.

We bought players from lower leagues Dawson,Walker, McWalter,Conroy and Martin.

The last 2 after we raked in a million for Ferguson.

It was Fitzpatrick who was reckless with the money after that season

We didn't spend much the season after winning the cup.

We bought players from lower leagues Dawson,Walker, McWalter,Conroy and Martin.

The last 2 after we raked in a million for Ferguson.

It was Fitzpatrick who was reckless with the money after that season

Was it not Fitzpatrick that allegedly paid Mark Reid an £120,000 signing on fee.

Yes, actually you're right. I bow down to your superior knowledge.

Thank f**k we're doing things the way we are this time. The squad we've built is astronomical. Beyond reproach.

For the record, Alex Smith was replaced with the season's death almost upon us in 88. Relegation was narrowly avoided.

Winning a cup makes you a hero. It doesn't make you infallible.

Yes, actually you're right. I bow down to your superior knowledge.

Thank f**k we're doing things the way we are this time. The squad we've built is astronomical. Beyond reproach.

For the record, Alex Smith was replaced with the season's death almost upon us in 88. Relegation was narrowly avoided.

Winning a cup makes you a hero. It doesn't make you infallible.

I will be disappointed with the squad currently assembled IF we have not added to it by the time the transfer window closes. We all know where we need to strengthen from DL down to fans but we have another 2 weeks plus to rectify that. We have to get the best players possible within our budget. To me that means showing patience and allowing the backroom staff to get on with it rather than panicking into rash purchases to placate nervy supporters. Plenty on here are screaming "give us a signing" but if that meant signing the likes of Barrowman who I personally think is nowhere near prem standard or waiting as a previous poster stated to see if Watt becomes available if his club sign another striker then I think we should wait. It may well be we have to settle for someone we don't reckon is good enough but at least lets give the club the breathing space they need to try to avoid that scenario.

I will be disappointed with the squad currently assembled IF we have not added to it by the time the transfer window closes. We all know where we need to strengthen from DL down to fans but we have another 2 weeks plus to rectify that. We have to get the best players possible within our budget. To me that means showing patience and allowing the backroom staff to get on with it rather than panicking into rash purchases to placate nervy supporters. Plenty on here are screaming "give us a signing" but if that meant signing the likes of Barrowman who I personally think is nowhere near prem standard or waiting as a previous poster stated to see if Watt becomes available if his club sign another striker then I think we should wait. It may well be we have to settle for someone we don't reckon is good enough but at least lets give the club the breathing space they need to try to avoid that scenario.

I think that is the nub of the problem.

Panicking people just want someone, anyone.

What is needed during this period is a cool head.

We certainly don't want another Guy, Imrie, Parkin or the stream of other non-entities Danny has had pass through our club.

I'd prefer to use our kids in the hope of unearthing a gem than spunk money on the above type of player.

We certainly don't want another Guy, Imrie, Parkin or the stream of other non-entities Danny has had pass through our club.

I'd prefer to use our kids in the hope of unearthing a gem than spunk money on the above type of player.

There is something in that, but it all depends on how Danny intends to set out the team.

If Thompson is injured/suspended, and we have to rely on one of the young guys to step up, there is every chance we'd have to alter the way we play. Having a 'deputy' for Thompson might make sense if it means a consistent team shape can be maintained.

For me, one of our problems last year lay in Danny fannying about with personnel. The key is to establish who the preferred starting 11 is, play players in their preferred position, and try to maintain a degree of consistency (obviously allowing for a bit of tinkering).

I think cover is required in key areas, and if we intend to play a lone striker, I'm not sure who, from the current squad, could step into that role in Thompsons absence. Maybe we should give McGregor a try-out....

I'm willing to bet that nobody who's been complaining about the depth of the squad wants us to sign "someone, anyone".

Also, what difference will a co head make for the manager? None of the three you mentioned above were panic buys. We pursued Guy for some time and Parkin was also one we had our eye on for a while. As for Imrie, FFS we spent money on him!

I absolutely agree we should be developing our kids and bringing them through. A club like hours has to but they should be in there to augment the squad not supplement it.