The 80's

I remember playing Middlesbrough in the late 80's.

Think it was when the Caley stand was being built as I seem to remember their fans having some of the Love Street end.

I remember that one. My mate wad from Middlesbrough and went with me. They won 3 - 2 if i remember rightly.

They got a trophy for winning. Dont know why but my mate was delighted as it was the first one they had ever won.

I remember that one. My mate wad from Middlesbrough and went with me. They won 3 - 2 if i remember rightly.

They got a trophy for winning. Dont know why but my mate was delighted as it was the first one they had ever won.

That's the game I'm talking about in 2000.

I can recall us playing friendlies at Love St against Liverpool, Norwich & Shrewsbury. Also Southampton and West brom at a 4team tournament at castle Greyskull. We played Legia Warsaw when they were a decent team.

That tourney at Ibrox was great although we narrowly lost both games, gave us a chance to see us play against real stars like Laurie Cunningham , Brian Robson , Tony Brown , Peter Osgood , Alan Ball etc

Tampa was October '80 , 4-2 , Stark , Weir ,Somner 2. Arsenal was Feb '81 , 2-3 , Weir , McDougall , with Stapleton , O'Leary and Davis for Arsenal .

Tampa......Weir cut in from the left wing and curled one with his right peg which came back from the corner flag right into the postage stamp!....Or was I given drugs at 15?1eye.gif

Tampa was October '80 , 4-2 , Stark , Weir ,Somner 2. Arsenal was Feb '81 , 2-3 , Weir , McDougall , with Stapleton , O'Leary and Davis for Arsenal .

Was Arsenal not a Sunday game. I have a vague memory that match was arranged to compensate for an early Scottish cop ko but that might be just my hazy old memory. Remember being in the enclosure for the Rowdies game possibly a Friday night ???