Streaming Service For Home Games

Having moved away from paisley and being unable to attend games as often as id like. I noticed there are plenty of saints all over the world on the saints around the world page on the os. I know the rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and hearts have all had services that streamed there home games to people living further away, at a cost of course, this is something i would be very willing to pay for. I feel this could be a good bit of revenue for the club and would be relatively cheap to run i.e camera man, camera server to run it and site to log into. I'm sure i'm not the only one who would be interested in this because lets face it we don't get covered on sky sports that often.

was unsure if this should of been in general nonsense.

Having moved away from paisley and being unable to attend games as often as id like. I noticed there are plenty of saints all over the world on the saints around the world page on the os. I know the rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and hearts have all had services that streamed there home games to people living further away, at a cost of course, this is something i would be very willing to pay for. I feel this could be a good bit of revenue for the club and would be relatively cheap to run i.e camera man, camera server to run it and site to log into. I'm sure i'm not the only one who would be interested in this because lets face it we don't get covered on sky sports that often.

was unsure if this should of been in general nonsense.

You're not.

Would be very interested in this. We often get 3 or 4 of us huddled round a laptop in London watching us in HibsTV or DonsTV or whatever when we play there. Need a bit of IP masking if you're still in the UK normally though.

I realised this might be a problem in the uk due to television rights. But as you say there are ways around it. But i know rangers streamed every1 of there games last season unless it was on telly to people in the uk . So must be allowed as long as its not on telly.

Then everyone would stay in the boozer with their laptops!!

I don't think our board would care as long as the money was still coming in and by the sounds of it they would actually make more money with the number of overseas supporters desperate to have live streaming from greenhill road!

It's been suggested a few times over the years by various folk (myself included). The biggest stumbling block has always been the ludicrous fees charged by the various footballing authorities in this country, and the contractual rights issues already marketed. In other words, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon...

It's been suggested a few times over the years by various folk (myself included). The biggest stumbling block has always been the ludicrous fees charged by the various footballing authorities in this country, and the contractual rights issues already marketed. In other words, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon...

Maybe now with the new spfl it might be something worth re-addressing as they seem to want to encourage people to keep watching our game. If it were a pay per view system at £5-£10 a game they would get the warm weather fans that shy away in the winter aswell so wouldnt be a complete loss in revenue.

There used to be a company that did it. I can't remember their name but they covered the whole of the SPL. It seemed like a good idea at the time but the service was unreliable at best. Some clubs clearly didn't have a reliable high speed connection that could be used and another problem appeared to be that sometimes they couldn't get staff to cover the match leading to last minute cancellations. The company went bust as far as I can remember as the never seemed to manage to get the kind of viewing figures they had projected.

The club are able to stream live coverage of their non televised home games to overseas based viewers I believe. I don't think any fees are payable for that.

Do you have any details Div? I've never seen this offered and I would definitely be interested.

Sorry, to clarify I meant there are no rights related issues to the club broadcasting a stream of their home games online to users outside of the UK that I am aware of.

The club doesn't currently offer this service though.