FK Jablonec v Celtic

shull

would we expect the champions of Finland or Norway...Latvia or Estonia to beat Barcelona?

That is as good as it gets for Celtic in modern football. It is impossible to compete against the elite of Europe.

It is impossible for them, or Rangers when they eventually are back at the top in our Scottish pond, to pay players good enough to make them Champons League come play for them.

would we expect the champions of Finland or Norway...Latvia or Estonia to beat Barcelona?

That is as good as it gets for Celtic in modern football. It is impossible to compete against the elite of Europe.

It is impossible for them, or Rangers when they eventually are back at the top in our Scottish pond, to pay players good enough to make them Champons League come play for them.

iamwithstupid.gif

I don't believe in reincarnation.

I didn't believe in it last time either!lol.gif

They could compete if they could trust their youth system instead flinging money away on journeymen

I know what you mean Windae Cleaner..maybe get them competing at Europa League standard but unless they had a remarkable crop of youngsters at the same time (not impossible) the Champions League is now out of reach.

The best thing that could happen to Scottish football is for Celtic to slip back to the level Rangers are at now, competing on an even playing field with all the rest of us.

They could compete if they could trust their youth system instead flinging money away on journeymen

I think it's a bit of a catch 22 situation for them. If they want to do anything in Europe then they need to be playing against good teams every week in the league which means spreading the money about more fairly so the other SPFL clubs can build decent squads. But they need to win the league in order to qualify for the CL so they take most of the money and leave other teams weakened.

I know what you mean Windae Cleaner..maybe get them competing at Europa League standard but unless they had a remarkable crop of youngsters at the same time (not impossible) the Champions League is now out of reach.

The best thing that could happen to Scottish football is for Celtic to slip back to the level Rangers are at now, competing on an even playing field with all the rest of us.

FJ, that is never a level playing field!

They BOTH are maximising the Bigot Pound. And because of that, they BOTH fund and field players beyond the dreams of the rest of the diddy (and legally-funded) clubs.

Also...

This current Rangers is short term. Soon you will be looking at Third Rangers. The share price dropped another three pence earlier this morning down at 36p, less than half what it was a year ago. Implosion should be AGM. On Dec 19. (My November prediction was too optimistic).

The bears don't see that their club and their gullible selves are being fleeced and until they do, that will continue till there's no money left. It's an unsustainable project. They have no bank, no line of credit on which to draw, yet they still pay more to players than ANY other Scottish club does (except their twin).

Ach... Who cares....

Eta:

"New low of 33.2p reached for a sale this morning, against the 52-week high of 94.0p."

Edited by bluto

It annoys me as they pick and have the best youngsters in the country but most of them won't get a chance.

Their fans think they are a big club and demand big money signings.

They then buy average players at inflated prices to keep the pretence,

Unless they get their heid oot the clouds nothing will change

FJ, that is never a level playing field!

They BOTH are maximising the Bigot Pound. And because of that, they BOTH fund and field players beyond the dreams of the rest of the diddy (and legally-funded) clubs.

Also...

This current Rangers is short term. Soon you will be looking at Third Rangers. The share price dropped another three pence earlier this morning down at 36p, less than half what it was a year ago. Implosion should be AGM. On Dec 19. (My November prediction was too optimistic).

The bears don't see that their club and their gullible selves are being fleeced and until they do, that will continue till there's no money left. It's an unsustainable project. They have no bank, no line of credit on which to draw, yet they still pay more to players than any SPL does (except their twin).

Ach... Who cares....

To quote their favourite saying "No one like us we don't care"

On behalf of my Club, i am sorry, so f**king sorry that we are diddies and dinnae give Sellik the competition they need so they can win the Champions League.

Forgive us please.

Although, Jock Stein's Sellik had great success in Europe, despite sweeping all before them on the domestic front.

I am still sorry.

Add yir apologies tae Nedbhoy Neil here.

It didn't take long for that horrible wee rat Davy Provan to start blaming the diddy clubs for Celtic's failed European venture. Can't help but laugh at the same old excuses they come away with. The easy target has always been the smaller clubs allegedly not supplying the great big massive Glesga teams with enough competition in our domestic football. f**k off you hypocrite.

It didn't take long for that horrible wee rat Davy Provan to start blaming the diddy clubs for Celtic's failed European venture. Can't help but laugh at the same old excuses they come away with. The easy target has always been the smaller clubs allegedly not supplying the great big massive Glesga teams with enough competition in our domestic football. f**k off you hypocrite.

It's truer to say that Celtic and their evil twin squashed the competition in Scotland when they stitched up the SPL at the set up. How many times have we seen it, they took the majority of the money and poached the best players from other clubs just to leave them in a reserve squad.

Some Spanish dude called Ferrer has just stated that Sellik are struggling in the Champions League due to ( wait for it ) The Blue Vermin F.C. ( Deceased ) not being in the Top League in Scotland.

Ferrer, me old buddie, The Deid Yins F.C. are not actually in any League.

Now f**k off fanny.

Of course it the fault of the diddy clubs. I mean, it CAN'T be Celtic's fault, can it?