Craig Beattie

GMBB

I'm not keen on Beattie after what happened before.

There isn't much better out there in terms of realistic free agents, though. He's decent in the air and holds the ball up well.

I would be inclined to agree with you after what hapoened the last time we were in for Beattie.

But in terms of the squad and what's best for the club then Danny has to get another expeienced striker on board and give us more options, my main concern with Beattie is his perma crock status as he could be another Dargo.

A great signing if we can keep him fit. However, Thommo and Teale were quite injury prone, and have been fit for the majority of the last two seasons - long may that continue. Give him a year deal - but even if we get him, we should still look for another striker. Having 2 strikers for next season is suicidal. However, I think Danny will have it sorted sooner rather than later.

What if anthing is happenig on the Goalkeeper front? Thinking of a particullar rumour that Jamie Langfield was signing for us.

We've signed two keepers and won't be signing any more. Cornell and Dillo will compete for no1 jersey

What age is Beattie now? I am not the biggest fan of him but we need some one up front. Wish we had brought Baird back when dundee were relegated still think we should look to lower leagues for players

Baird scored 4 goals in 35 games for Dundee? Hope we can do better than that?

Beattie would be good 2 years ago when we wanted him and I would take him now cause we have no one and not alot of time Reece hands on Saturday looked a good player and is only 20 playing in the lower leagues Tony watt came from 2nd division airdrie Gregor tade came from the first and is now in champions league the players are there rather we sighn them and not sighn them on loan at 3k a week Is Tony watt

Beattie is overweight and injury prone. Killie looking to sign Boyd now that would be a major coup love him or hate him he is a goal machine. Our squad plus Beattie is still too thin and will struggle to avoid the play off

Did you watch "goal machine" at killie last season1eye.gif

Beattie is overweight and injury prone. Killie looking to sign Boyd now that would be a major coup love him or hate him he is a goal machine. Our squad plus Beattie is still too thin and will struggle to avoid the play off

Recent pictures of Beattie show he is far from overweight. Looks to be in great shape and scored on trial for Scunthorpe.

We've signed two keepers and won't be signing any more. Cornell and Dillo will compete for no1 jersey

I think as Derek Mcinnes says experience is a priority in goal. Cornell may be a good gk but I think an old head was required but. Then bringing in Cornell prob cost peanuts

Edited by norrie82

Kris Boyd spl record goal scorer and people on here don't want him? Are you guys for real? Bet your happy with what we have at the min a team that gets utterly pummelled against Morton and has one striker ? Time to wake up folks the clock is ticking and we are miles behind in squad size

Kris Boyd spl record goal scorer and people on here don't want him? Are you guys for real? Bet your happy with what we have at the min a team that gets utterly pummelled against Morton and has one striker ? Time to wake up folks the clock is ticking and we are miles behind in squad size

He is overweight and has an attitude problem. There is a reason he is playing for Kilmarnock and not one of the lower league teams down South. Yes, he will score goals but not at the same prolific rate as previous. If he does, then he will be off somewhere else much like Griffiths.