We Need Players Now

leolovesstmfc

The thing that really puzzles me is this...

We've pretty much known for months and months that our top league status was going to be secured for 2013/14, so ample time to plan budgets based on that.

In turn, that gives plenty time to target/sign players.

So, why so little movement?

Even now, if we sign anyone new, they won't have long to get used to their new teammates, manager, surroundings, so it's definitely not a good situation to be in.

So, why is this?

Is it because the board have cut the playing staff budget? Is it because we can't attract any players we'd like because we won't pay enough? Is it that DL thinks the squad is strong enough? Is it because DL just doesn't know who to sign? Is it because the board think Hearts are already doomed, therefore relegation isn't a threat?

I really don't know, but it's not a good position to be in with the new season just 14 days away.

Come on Saints, sort it out.

Edited by Leicester Saint

As Lovestreet explained Danny wanted blow almost his entire budget on Tony Watt, and I can see why. What do you think the score would have been today if Thompson and Watt had been playing up front today.

The deal is now dead so I expect players to arrive soon as Danny spends the budget elsewhere.

That's why we've signed no one so far.

I dont know how long watt has been available on loan for but publicly it has only been the last week.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

I've been hearing sniffs of this since mid June. I notice it finally died once it was made public and motherwell tried to high jack the deal

Blowing the budget on Watt would have been f**king insanity! Fair enough he may get the occasional touch, but today's performance has shown he'd need to average 4 a game. If that was Lennon's plan then the guy is an absolute clown.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Blowing the budget on Watt would have been f**king insanity! Fair enough he may get the occasional touch, but today's performance has shown he'd need to average 4 a game. If that was Lennon's plan then the guy is an absolute clown.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Get what you're saying but if Watt had been playing up front with Thommo it would have been a very different game. Morton would probably be a couple of goals down in early on, the back four would have struggled and the ball would have stuck more up front,

We lost confidence and lost our way after the equaliser and although we were not as bad second half, never looked like getting back into it.

ETA anyway we're not spending it all on Watt now

Edited by insaintee

Sit tight we don't have time 8 goals in 2 games the way its going hearts will have there 15 points back before we have any players when because tomorrow in my opinion is to late. Dl has proved me wrong in the past but this squad just isn't strong enough only player I thought I could see breaking through was naismith.

Hi guys ive not been on the forum for a wee read for a long time and i wish better circumstances had caused me to come on but anyhow. Can anyone give me an indication of how well we will be set up once/if these players come in? Just getting a wee bit worried that the new season is approaching and well.... Yesterday happened

Cheers in advance!

My own feeling is we were planning on doing this season on the cheap given the jambos situation. Bring in young players, ship out 13 and sign one senior player. Use the extra budget next season and push for 2nd before the **** are back.

Its a shite plan and will see us relegated by march. I do hope reinforcements are on their way.

I said on a previous post that we had made a bud for him,my mole informed me.

I have also been saying for weeks players are coming and also said that old faces will be back.

Sit tight

You also said that there would be a signing on Saturday.... Either your mole is feeding you sh*#e or youre just taking the kids.