Left Back

spankin_panda

Why is it we as fans feel the need to "Not put the deal in danger"? If clubs and agents wanted to find out, THEY WOULD. It's not up to us as fans to keep it secret. Plus, we all mention tonnes of names during silly season, quite often the guy that signs has previously been mentioned. Can we not just say who it is?and

and they all ended up somewhere else.whistling.gif

The very reason DL wanted this kept under wraps another SPL clubs keen on him,with this outed he may not even play tonight as another club could jump in ahead of us and take a chance on him. Ross Couny and Aberdeen to mention two.

He has impressed in training but there are some concerns over his fitness due to injury which DL wanted to asses,we may not get that chance now this is common knowledge.

Will be another triialists tonight plus something bubbling away on a well kent face around the club.

Just hope he doesn't use us and sign for another SPL team

Thats exactly what will happen mate, united and aberdeen are both after left backs, its also in the papers today that we are after him, we usually know what happens now, i wont hold my breath.

Why not sign him subject to a medical?

Saints have dubious form when it comes to this type of scenario. What will be, will be, and all that, but we desperately require a proven left back and the guy has some decent attributes (great dead ball delivery stands out).

Give him a medical and, if he comes through it okay, just sign him FFS!

If his injury appears to have cleared up okay, I would take Grainger over Tesselaar (sp?). He strikes me as a more solid, direct player.

I refuse to wet my knickers over this, but really hope that Danny has called this one right.

He's been looked over by Gerry Docherty but not a full medical this takes time to be legally written up and for whatever reason it hadn't been done,DL wants to see him come through an actual game.

Sit tight could still happen,if he doesn't play tonight we've been beaten to it.

He's been looked over by Gerry Docherty but not a full medical this takes time to be legally written up and for whatever reason it hadn't been done,DL wants to see him come through an actual game.

Sit tight could still happen,if he doesn't play tonight we've been beaten to it.

Your talking pish because the club are trying to sign him before tonights game.

The very reason DL wanted this kept under wraps another SPL clubs keen on him,with this outed he may not even play tonight as another club could jump in ahead of us and take a chance on him. Ross Couny and Aberdeen to mention two.

He has impressed in training but there are some concerns over his fitness due to injury which DL wanted to asses,we may not get that chance now this is common knowledge.

Will be another triialists tonight plus something bubbling away on a well kent face around the club.

For sure he is not just being punted at Saints. The more a player earns the more the agent earns so you can be sure clubs up and down the country know he is a available. Personally I can't see it happening given the gulf between what Hearts did pay and what we pay almost every other club in the SPL pay more than we do.

All very plausible,

except that DG is a very well known player, who will have an agent who will be talking to the press and other clubs anyway. Any journos at the game will recognise him immediately, all cover will be blown by the morning and his agent wont let him sign any deal before then anyway.

Silly wee post

All very plausible,

except that DG is a very well known player, who will have an agent who will be talking to the press and other clubs anyway. Any journos at the game will recognise him immediately, all cover will be blown by the morning and his agent wont let him sign any deal before then anyway.

Silly wee post

Your post isn't silly it makes sense, like I said in my post Ross County and Aberdeen are two other clubs already alerted.

Danny Grainger is the player on trial with St Mirren. Former Hearts player had been on trial at Blackpool. In the squad for tonight's match

from Douglas McNeil

Not exactly sure the point of having a player like that on trial

Edited by ds10

Danny Grainger is the player on trial with St Mirren. Former Hearts player had been on trial at Blackpool. In the squad for tonight's match

from Douglas McNeil

Not exactly sure the point of having a player like that on trial

Tell Dougzo late news Lovestreet as usual beats him to it.

I'm a real thorn in his side.

Edited by lovestreet

Tell Dougzo late news Lovestreet as usual beats him to it.

I'm a real thorn in his side.

Can't really say it's much of a surprise. Apparently the club were considering him a while ago but ruled him out as he wanted a move to England. IIRC Danny mentioned that in an interview.

I suppose the biggest surprise is that he's not good enough to get a club down south. Especially at Blackpool wher they only have about 2 players in the squad......

Edited by ds10

Grainger will have been one of many players on a substantial salary at Hearts, hence the reason why they're f**ked.

He will be looking for a salary at the top end of our wage scale and no doubt more than one year, or at least some sort of option tie in.

Like it or not we are not in the position to spunk tens of thousands of pounds on players salaries, as I'd imagine Teale, Thommohawk, McGowan, Harkins and McAusland will be taking up a large proportion of our budget.

Grainger's agent will be out to get as much as possible and we will have a ceiling that we cannot go above.

If Aberdeen etc. can offer more money, then on most occasions will be outbid. There was no way on earth that we were ever going to keep this a secret despite f**kwitted claims to the contrary.

If we get a fit Grainger signed, it will be an outstanding piece of business for us. When I've seen him play he's generally been very impressive and he hits an excellent fee kick too.

Grainger will have been one of many players on a substantial salary at Hearts, hence the reason why they're f**ked.

He will be looking for a salary at the top end of our wage scale and no doubt more than one year, or at least some sort of option tie in.

Like it or not we are not in the position to spunk tens of thousands of pounds on players salaries, as I'd imagine Teale, Thommohawk, McGowan, Harkins and McAusland will be taking up a large proportion of our budget.

Grainger's agent will be out to get as much as possible and we will have a ceiling that we cannot go above.

If Aberdeen etc. can offer more money, then on most occasions will be outbid. There was no way on earth that we were ever going to keep this a secret despite f**kwitted claims to the contrary.

If we get a fit Grainger signed, it will be an outstanding piece of business for us. When I've seen him play he's generally been very impressive and he hits an excellent fee kick too.

Agree with your post, but why would Macausland be on a big wage?

He may have started the summer looking for a substantial salary, but with it now edging towards August, his ability to make demands diminishes, and it becomes more likely he'll accept a lower salary. We are likely to be able to offer him a salary towards the top of our salary scale given the amount of players we released. This might be another reason why we have not jumped in and signed players early on, but waited for the right players - which Grainger may or not be one of.