Left Back

spankin_panda

Grainger will have been one of many players on a substantial salary at Hearts, hence the reason why they're f**ked.

He will be looking for a salary at the top end of our wage scale and no doubt more than one year, or at least some sort of option tie in.

Like it or not we are not in the position to spunk tens of thousands of pounds on players salaries, as I'd imagine Teale, Thommohawk, McGowan, Harkins and McAusland will be taking up a large proportion of our budget.

Grainger's agent will be out to get as much as possible and we will have a ceiling that we cannot go above.

If Aberdeen etc. can offer more money, then on most occasions will be outbid. There was no way on earth that we were ever going to keep this a secret despite f**kwitted claims to the contrary.

If we get a fit Grainger signed, it will be an outstanding piece of business for us. When I've seen him play he's generally been very impressive and he hits an excellent fee kick too.

Who knows, maybe after what's happened with Hearts Grainger is looking for a more secure, solvent club rather than a high wage that might or might not be paid.

It's called "playing with words" journalists use it a lot,that's where I've picked it up you see.

I don't have time to explain I'm off to see my club mole.

The reading of the old Sunday Sport doesn't attain a degree in journalism. It does, however, give an insight into the workings of a certain LS.

BTW..

It could be that Jim Goodwin will be found in a Lancaster bomber found on the lunar surface.

Sit tight and I'll see if my mole can break through the moon rock and confirm!

Edited by stlucifer

Sadly, it does, £2000 a week apparently.

Or maybe its got something to do with being pretty much ever present the whole season. Who had more appearances than him bar Sammy? The fuxake cheesey brigade don't get it. The guy played pretty much every game in a cup winning team and I think was voted in the top 5 in the player of the season vote on this very site. Surely that entitles the guy to be paid a decent wage.

Granted footballers get paid far to much, but that's not his fault.

Cheesey was excellent last season, and is on a lot higher than 2k a week - which he fully deserves. The lad gives 100% each game, and you can't ask more than that.

He's not on a lot higher than 2k a week but you're right, he does deserve his wage. He'd get this wage if he moved on no problem.

Cheesey was excellent last season, and is on a lot higher than 2k a week - which he fully deserves. The lad gives 100% each game, and you can't ask more than that.

He was much improved, but still part of a very poor defence. (a defence still being slated this pre season)

I certainly hope that's just a number you made up, and I can't agree that he deserves that amount of money a week.

Giving 100% effort is the minimum expectation, what folk judge him on is his ability. And we can ask for more.

He's not on a lot higher than 2k a week but you're right, he does deserve his wage. He'd get this wage if he moved on no problem.

He was out of contract last season. League cup winner. Almost ever present for an SPL defence at 24. Rated by his own fans as one of our best performers.

Were any clubs interested? Anybody make an offer?

Genuinely think he would struggle to get a move, which would be considered a step up ie SPL or championship.

Edited by NeilPar72

Nobody deserves £2000 for kicking a football.

Clubs paying players that sort of cash and then complaining about the "tough financial climate in football" are taking fans for absolute idiots.

He was out of contract last season. League cup winner. Almost ever present for an SPL defence at 24. Rated by his own fans as one of our best performers.

Were any clubs interested? Anybody make an offer?

Genuinely don't think he would struggle to get a move, which would be considered a step up ie SPL or championship.

Yes, there was interest from down south but nothing concrete.