Left Back

spankin_panda

Why are some finding it necessary to single out Cheesy and openly spout speculation about his salary ?

I'm pretty sure the same people would be rightly pissed off if someone decided to post details about their salary on a public forum.

The guy has given his all to the cause and is a cup final legend, ffs show him some respect.

Why are some finding it necessary to single out Cheesy and openly spout speculation about his salary ?

I'm pretty sure the same people would be rightly pissed off if someone decided to post details about their salary on a public forum.

The guy has given his all to the cause and is a cup final legend, ffs show him some respect.

It would be interesting to see how some of the Nuggets slagging Cheesy on here would take to the same treatment about their workplace performance, especially if it was then put on a Public Forum for discussion. I'm sure they would be less than happy......

Why don't they make their way to Ralston and say what they said on here to Cheesy when he comes in for training.........

In other words I agree with above.....

Edited by thomsons dropped it

It would be interesting to see how some of the Nuggets slagging Cheesy on here would take to the same treatment about their workplace performance, especially if it was then put on a Public Forum for discussion. I'm sure they would be less than happy......

Why don't they make their way to Ralston and say what they said on here to Cheesy when he comes in for training.........

In other words I agree with above.....

Right...so let me get this straight.

On this forum players such as McLean, Guy, Imrie, Parkin and even the manager can take absolute dogs abuse over a number of issues.

But some folk say that they would like us to sign a better centre half than McAusland and they are the "classless arseholes".

Unbelievable.

We have played 3 pre season friendlies so far

lost all 3

conceded 12 goals

have only 13 first team players

have 2 young untested keepers

I find it hard to be full of hope for the 2013 / 2014 season

Please can we find some reason to be optimistic...

Edited by stevie-dee

Right...so let me get this straight.

On this forum players such as McLean, Guy, Imrie, Parkin and even the manager can take absolute dogs abuse over a number of issues.

But some folk say that they would like us to sign a better centre half than McAusland and they are the "classless arseholes".

Unbelievable.

Slating a centre half and discussing his wages in a thread that pertains to the left back situation?

Unbelievable indeed.

We have played 3 pre season friendlies so far

lost all 3

conceded 12 goals

have only 13 first team players

have 2 young untested keepers

I find it hard to be full of hope for the 2013 / 2014 season

Please can we find some reason to be optimistic...

It's irrelevant whether WE are optimistic or not.

The only facts here are that we have a new squad and we are getting up to speed for a week on Saturday.

Beyond that we have no idea how the new season will go and frankly whether we win our preseason games or lose 25-0 I couldn't give a shit.

The Inverness game will be as tight as they normally are. I absolutely guarantee it.

It's irrelevant whether WE are optimistic or not.

The only facts here are that we have a new squad and we are getting up to speed for a week on Saturday.

Beyond that we have no idea how the new season will go and frankly whether we win our preseason games or lose 25-0 I couldn't give a shit.

The Inverness game will be as tight as they normally are. I absolutely guarantee it.

Last season after the Renfrewshire Cup win and the manner in the way we played I was expecting good things and was not wrong after the cup win.

but this season I am not so optimistic.

Slating a centre half and discussing his wages in a thread that pertains to the left back situation?

Unbelievable indeed.

Saying you don't think a certain player is good enough from a football perspective, and hope we sign a replacement. Hardly slating the guy.

Like I said Lennon, McLean, Guy, Imrie and Parkin have all had much worse said about them on here.

Then again...none of them support St Mirren so aren't above criticism.

I do agree that this is the wrong thread for this discussion though.

Edited by NeilPar72

How anyone can use the rumour mill to slate one of our own players is beyond me. If I was cheesy or a relative of his I would seriously question the term "supporter". We are all entitled to our opinions but the rumour mill isn't the place to air them. Anyway has anyone heard a decent rumour recently that doesn't involve the capabilities of our present squad?

Saying you don't think a certain player is good enough from a football perspective, and hope we sign a replacement. Hardly slating the guy.

Like I said Lennon, McLean, Guy, Imrie and Parkin have all had much worse said about them on here.

Then again...none of them support St Mirren so aren't above criticism.

I do agree that this is the wrong thread for this discussion though.

I wasn't suggesting that you have slated him. Others have, though, and seem to look for any opportunity to do it.

How anyone can use the rumour mill to slate one of our own players is beyond me. If I was cheesy or a relative of his I would seriously question the term "supporter". We are all entitled to our opinions but the rumour mill isn't the place to air them. Anyway has anyone heard a decent rumour recently that doesn't involve the capabilities of our present squad?

Yes me

There's a rumour Danny is looking at other players because our present squad isn't good enough...oh shit, no wait...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Cheesy was one of our best players last season, and has matured incredibly in the past 2-3 years. I don't know what he earns, and I don't give a f**k either. He gives 100%, week in week out, through thick and thin. He's a fan on the park, a guy I look at and envy as he plays for the club he supported as a boy.

Let the season begin in earnest before we start ripping into the players, questioning their ability, heart, professionalism and motivation.

As for left backs, Grainger would fit the bill, and I'm sure there are others who would too if he doesn't decide to come here. If we don't get one in we will have something of a quandary, but have experienced defenders who can surely fit in there? Far from ideal right enough...