Bring Back Carey

I would second this.

I'd be quite happy having Carey back in the squad. I'd rather watch guys score the occasional screamer than tippy tappy pish.

Edit - His burd is "off the scale" also.... :P

JJ's dream threesome..

Edited by davidg

No chance, DL made his decision that Carey wasn't a player he needed in his squad, what has changed since then?

Whats changed? Our squad is thread bare and Carey is available? Danny has clearly missed out on most of his signing targets and is struggling to bring anybody in, he's made an arse of it by the looks of things.

I think he was worth keeping as cover but what I'm saying is Lennon clearly didn't think so a few months ago and I doubt very much he has changed his mind.

He didn't accept being cover for any position, and asked away in January. He then got a run because of the Dummett situation and stayed. He is reportedly saying that he was glad he stayed because he got a cup winners medal out of it. This is probably why he was let go, as was Imrie for the same reason

He didn't accept being cover for any position, and asked away in January. He then got a run because of the Dummett situation and stayed. He is reportedly saying that he was glad he stayed because he got a cup winners medal out of it. This is probably why he was let go, as was Imrie for the same reason

So why would he want to come back now to be cover? Isn't Yakub a left back, we have him for cover. We need an actual first team left back.

Carey annoys me. I know there is a good player in there but he doesn't show it often enough. He's capable of the odd screamer, but overall I think he has been disappointing given how he played when first at the club under Gus.

He isn't really a good left back even though he turned in a performance there on occasion. Equally he never seemed to really excel at left mid.

Dundee United didn't see fit to offer a deal and I wouldn't either,esp as he doesn't want to be cover. Getting settled left sided players in would be more worthwhile.

I agreed with the decision to release Carey back in May but I never doubted his talent just the ability of DL or any manager to get the best out of him - for me his best position is wing-back in a 3-5-2. However as we seem to have missed out on our first choice signings (and if the current rumours about Aswad are ill-founded) I'd be happy to see us offer him a 1 year deal providing he was to sign up sharpish. Let's face it he's not such a hot ticket as he was two summers ago...............

I was speaking to an individual who had the opportunity to observe Carey in training both in his first spell with us under the previous management and in his second spell under our current management.

He said when Carey came back for his second spell his attitude had changed completely and unlike the eager committed individual he had observed in his first spell, he was disinterested and lacked the necessary drive in training and

that he had several run ins with the management team regarding his training effort and overall attitude.

The individual I spoke to said that if we had got the first version of Carey when we signed him permanently, then he would have been a great asset. However, sadly we did not, in his opinion.

So it would appear here's only one person to blame for Carey leaving and it's not the manager.

I liked Carey as a player, but to me he was always lacking that edge that set him above run of the mill players.

Now, I have no idea whether the above is wholly true or not, but the individual I spoke to has no axe to grind with Carey.