Bring Back Carey

Good signing for them. County fans will be delighted with that. They've now got Britain to swing the dead balls in with his right and Carey with his left. Don't fancy giving away free kicks around the box against them!

How many deadly balls did Carey swing in for us last season? And how many did he put into the stand? Needs to improve if he's to prove any better for them than he did for us.

How many deadly balls did Carey swing in for us last season? And how many did he put into the stand? Needs to improve if he's to prove any better for them than he did for us.

I was just thinking about that, when he was on the pitch we hardly ever won free kicks around the box for Carey to try his luck. I don't remember him hitting many nevermind hitting loads into the stand?

Edited by Big Yards

I was just thinking about that, when he was on the pitch we hardly ever won free kicks around the box for Carey to try his luck. I don't remember him hitting many nevermind hitting loads into the stand?

I sit in the South Stand - he hit loads in our way. I remember saying to my mate time and again "This'll be something special" and seeing it flying high above us as he totally miscued it. A few out wide, few in the middle - nothing from them.

Indeed. But Carey is not Beckham whose other talents more than compensated for his weaknesses

My use of Beckham as an example was to demonstrate that pace is not required to play on the wing. I could also have used Stark, Strachan, Cooper, Devonshire or Nakamura as examples.

And he was as fit as a butcher's dug.

Still is.

Is Graham Carey?

See my reply above.

Edited by Isabella Duke

He'll be found out there too, unless he has huge change in his attitude.

Still, good luck to him, except against us.

Edited by FTOF

Me too. Still think Lennon failed to get the best out of both Carey and Imrie. Imrie has already come back to haunt . So will Carey .

In a pre-season friendly.

Aye he sure showed us how great he is.whistling.gif

Let's wait and see how he performs at his rightful level, over the course of a season.

Edited by FTOF

I dont know why everyone is so upset about releasing Carey.

The boy is clearly talented, but never lived up to his potential. He displayed a really bad attitude at times (I remember a goal going in at SMP, he was on the sidelines warming up and didn't celebrate at all) and there were always questions over his fitness and work rate.

Not exactly a role model for the younger players either and not the type of player you build a team around.

Good luck to him, but he's better off out the door IMO.

Guest somner9

I dont know why everyone is so upset about releasing Carey.

The boy is clearly talented, but never lived up to his potential. He displayed a really bad attitude at times (I remember a goal going in at SMP, he was on the sidelines warming up and didn't celebrate at all) and there were always questions over his fitness and work rate.

Not exactly a role model for the younger players either and not the type of player you build a team around.

Good luck to him, but he's better off out the door IMO.

Yeah I remember he refused to share a dressing room with the Panda, said he was fed up getting his bum sniffed!

Me too. Still think Lennon failed to get the best out of both Carey and Imrie. Imrie has already come back to haunt . So will Carey .

Imrie come back to haunt us lol.gif it was the Renfrewshire Cup and their fans are already criticising him after Morton's exit in the Ramsdens Cup - his first proper competitive game.

Carey has the ability to show Lennon up, no doubt about that, whether he has the attitude to do so is another matter - for me he's to slow to be a winger and doesn't have the concentration to play full-back in a 4-4-2. His best spell for us was under GM when he played wing-back in a 3-5-2 - if County are going down that road he may be a great player for them, it still doesn't change my opinion that releasing him in May was the correct decision.

Edited by Bud the Baker