The Wee Man - The Movie

Watched it last week,was pretty awful to be honest. Shocking accents and misses a lot of the truth.

I knew McGraw very well through my father so I know the true story.

When I saw the film title , l suspected that they had actually made a film about you , wee stuff. .maybe something to do with pm's or similar shite. .

Gave it half an hour, can't stand Martin Compston who plays Ferris so that might have been a contributing factor to me hating it.

I can't stand that wee toley either.

It is 'cause he is from Greenock innit though mate!

Watched it last week,was pretty awful to be honest. Shocking accents and misses a lot of the truth.

I knew McGraw very well through my father so I know the true story.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Why, oh, why, is there no smiley for "what a donkey"??

Edited by dmc

Get it right he's from Greenock who supports the green bhigots.

I started to watch it on You Tube but stopped after 30 mins.

I didn't know Arthur Thompson was Irish

I did get it right....

It is 'cause he is from Greenock innit though mate!

blink.pngwacko.png

Have you never watched The Godfather or anything?

Yes when I was younger.

I remember being in awe of the gangsters.

Then I grew the f**k up and realised that "hard men" don't exist.

For grownups to PAY to sit and watch and idolise these people is just embarassing,

Gangsters are people with severe emotional and mental issues.

Aggression is a weakness not a strength.

Ask yourself this.

Someone approaches you in the street and challenges you to a fight in front of a crowd of other people.

What is the hardest thing to do? Fight or run?

The hardest thing requires the most courage.

So what is the bravest thing to do?

I hope I made my point. "Hard men" are no such thing. They are taking the easiest cowardly way out. Hitting someone requires no courage - especially when they are smaller than you or you have a weapon. Hard my arse. Cowards with mental issues is closer to the mark.

Next to me on a flight to Malaga was a pleasant enough man we bought each othe drinks from the trolley and chatted all the way to Malaga. At the time I was full time DJ'ing this guy next to me had a club in one of the holiday resorts so invited me and the wife for a night in his club. Me and the wife were not long married so we just wanted each othes company and did not visit the club. For a wee while I was hanging around with the wrong people not getting involved in any wrong stuff the friendship grow from the club scene. Anyway on one trip up to Glasgow was introduced to this guy I had met on the plane which turned out to be Arthur Thompson Sr. You know this guy a certain Paisley man said.

After that I backed right out though now and again bump into the Paisley lads. The reason was asking about the movie is I knew quite a few business ran by these people and was amazed how big the empire was. Taxies , Pubs on a vast scale along with cafes rented out not in 'their' names of course but they owned them.

Ad take down any of these old men.

The law should have brought them down, what happend to Paisley in the 90's when Paisley was flooded with drugs and drug wars was unacceptable everyone most people knew who was running the show but the law failed and Paisley's great night life went into free fall to which it has never recoverd even to this day