England Scotland At Wembley 14/8/13

davidg

Looking forward to this one, anybuddie going?

Got my ticket but not made travel plans yet, still to decide weather to take the train and do an overnighter or go on one of the midnight buses there & back.

Over 18,000 Scotland tickets sold, should be a good one regardless of the result. drinks_cheers.gif

Edited by davidg

Are Seas..........................................d ?

Naw, i'm no gaun !

I wid like to.

Only been to Wembley once.

England 3 Scotland 1 in 1979.

Still enjoyed it.

Edited by shull

Sadly we no longer have anything close to what we can describe as a 'National team'

There seems to be no shoots of recovery , no willingness to turn up & no desire on the pitch.

The one person regardless of how effective they are who does play for the shirt is Kenny Miller in my opinion.

The days of players wanting to turn up are long gone , the so called modern professionals pick and choose when they want to play & seem to make miraculous recoveries to play for their clubs a matter of hours after a national game.

There is little or no pleasure in watching the football played by our shockingly poor national lack of ability and desire squad.

The occasion should be good , would be nice not to park the bus and try play the game and who knows we might surprise ourselves and get a respectable result.

Got my ticket but not made travel plans yet, still to decide weather to take the train and do an overnighter or go on one of the midnight buses there & back.

Over 18,000 Scotland tickets sold, should be a good one regardless of the result. drinks_cheers.gif

Train down on the Tuesday and back up on the Thursday. Wee catch up with the London Supporters Club. Not sure Dave Winnie is going to make it though which is disappointing as I was hoping to crash at his gaff. Some hostel in the town centre will need to do.

Should be a good trip, looking forward to it. Especially as there will be no Saints game the weekend before it.

Going to Wembley twice this year, for the Steelers v Vikings, and 49ers v Jaguars. Will give this one a miss, like every other Scotland game. Hope those going have a good trip and get a good result. Stadium is amazing. Best I've ever been to.

Going on train day of game, arriving at Wembley Station 5.00 pm, then leaving 1 hour after game straight back.

Is that the special charter train that takes 7 hours to get there ? Ooft, that is going to be a messy trip !

Going on train day of game, arriving at Wembley Station 5.00 pm, then leaving 1 hour after game straight back.

Thinking about that, still spaces on the Thomsons train for £150ish. Can bus at 11pm Tuesday and back after game from about £45. Thinking of this so I have more time in London.

wouldn't attend this fixture i'm afraid, much drinking will be done and some people attending will be arrested and police will have a hit first ask questions later policy, plus it's only a friendly which will IMO turn into something distanced from the meaning of the word friendly, also england will humiliate scotland and it will take a long time before we stop hearing about their win and the violence that was associated with the fixture

Is that the special charter train that takes 7 hours to get there ? Ooft, that is going to be a messy trip !

i was on a charter train to the scotland - switzerland game at villa park for the euros , all the way down they kept shunting the train into sidings it ended up 2 hours late, i do believe it was intentionally done to keep scotland fans out of the city as long as possible

Going to Wembley twice this year, for the Steelers v Vikings, and 49ers v Jaguars. Will give this one a miss, like every other Scotland game. Hope those going have a good trip and get a good result. Stadium is amazing. Best I've ever been to.

No getting away from it being a smart stadium though I thought with the hospitalty half way up separates the real fans who like to make a noise. Look what Wales have also then you go to Hampden :(

No getting away from it being a smart stadium though I thought with the hospitalty half way up separates the real fans who like to make a noise. Look what Wales have also then you go to Hampden :(

Wembley's budget was zillions compared to Hampden though. I've been down for a lot of the NFL games. The atmosphere is fantastic. It's different from 'soccer' games there. 90,000 fans in shirts of all 32 teams. They say it's like a superbowl - the players love it. The whole Wembley NFL weekend is wonderful.

Aye, aye, big poofs wearing pads thread for this pish.

Totally agree about the stadium. I got given free tickets by a supplier for England v Bulgaria a couple of years ago. My polite applause as England scored 4 was in contrast to the oooohhh!! I tried to stifle when Bulgaria came close.

i was on a charter train to the scotland - switzerland game at villa park for the euros , all the way down they kept shunting the train into sidings it ended up 2 hours late, i do believe it was intentionally done to keep scotland fans out of the city as long as possible

Can you blame them!? A bunch of pissed up cunts in fancy dress making a nuisance of themselves in your city centre?

There's 2 charters. One from Edinburgh to London and back, this was the TA who arranged it all.

The other is the Thompson travel one.

Would prefer to be on the TA one as it gets into the city early afternoon, the Thompson one is about 6pm direct to the stadium.