England Scotland At Wembley 14/8/13

davidg

Just back in from watching the game in the pub. In recent times i dont usually get enthusiastic about Scotland games but the last 2 away games against quality opposition have got my national juices flowing again.

Good performances and looking forward to a rosy international future.

Well done Scotland, got some pride back!

Scotland fans are a fecking embarrassment...pouring fairy liquid in fountains and jumping about naked...real classy....a former well know football manager who has a bar in Barcelona shuts it if any Scottish teams in area as he says their behavior is shocking...embarrassing to be Scottish....

..a former well know football manager who has a bar in Barcelona shuts it if any Scottish teams in area as he says their behavior is shocking...embarrassing to be Scottish....

Of course, he does.

Publicans are famed for despising sources of income. They hate to make money, especially if they were once formerly well-known football managers! :lol:

That's brightened up my morning. Eedjit.

(A minor quibble - your spelling is shocking. Among other flaws above, there's a 'u' in behaviour.)

Oh... and the Chandos bar, close to Trafalgar Square, ran out of lager and bitter so apologetically stopped serving around 4.00pm (which, I suppose, was a hidden blessing for weak-willed chancers like me...), but the staff would have happily kept going with the bottled stuff and stout.

I guess the owner must have been an easily-embarrassed erstwhile well-known football manager.....

Edited by bluto

Scotland fans are a fecking embarrassment...pouring fairy liquid in fountains and jumping about naked...real classy....a former well know football manager who has a bar in Barcelona shuts it if any Scottish teams in area as he says their behavior is shocking...embarrassing to be Scottish....

Are you purely a wind up merchant? If so, you'll need to stop being so obvious.

Last night we competed against England, and showed a lot of promise. Leading on from the Croatia result we have reasons to be optimistic. Set pieces were our downfall, and these can be worked on. Great goal by Miller, who was getting dogs abuse from everyone it seems when he was announced as a starter (including me) Joe Hart is showing time and again that he's just the latest in a long line of English goalkeeping clowns. ;)

Great effort from Scotland, it was refreshing to see every single player giving maximum effort, well done to Gordon Strachan for bringing some pride back to our football team, I haven't enjoyed watching Scotland for a long time but it was brilliant last night and reminded me of the Scotland of old.

You better get tae fuck, you nearly had me agreeing with that knob bluto mad.gif

A lot of positives including Hanley, & Snodgrass. I thought Brown (apart from losing his man at last goal) had his best game for a long time. Keeper back on form, Hutton played well. Morrison who I've been critical of previously was good.

Whitaker is still a nightmare though & Conway managed to come on as a sub and look slower than those he was meant to be helping!

Whittaker is an awful player and i'm surprised how far he has got in the game.

Another better performance last night by Scotland onwards and upwards

The Tartan Army done us all proud with their excellent behaviour as always.

I am also delighted that the animosity towards England has virtually disappeared.

It fantastic to hear both sets of fans mixing happily in pubs and at the Stadium.

The way it should be.

I sat for a wee while on the steps of St Martins in the Field, watching tourists wander unknowingly towards Trafalgar Square and then grinning ear-to-ear, once they'd realised what they were seeing: cameras came out, men in kilts posed... and several heidbangers went intae the fountain. The tourists were right intae it. So were the engerlish - I heard some admiring but mildly slagging comments about how Scotland would get stuffed, later. Plus a big armed polis told me it wouldn't be as calm and pleasant "if this was thousands of England fans, and I'm telling you that, as an Englishman!"

I won't mention Andy's first words to me.

Och.

Aye, I will...

Straight from the office with his business suit cunningly concealed in a backpack, wearing shorts and a Scotland Top. "I want a fotie of me IN THE FOUNTAIN".

DULY DONE. smile.png

His wean will be proud of his Dad one day.

There were aw kinds o Baws being blootered aboot and plummeting down randomly from the SKIES. Soft beachballs, big foam rubber wans, cudgers... Those cudgers could do a bit of damage, but I promised not to mention THE PHONE especially as it is was a brilliantly cool Blackberry, I think.

That was a big oops! sad.png

But it wisnae mine. smile.png

Edited by bluto

And ' gstretchuk ', if you wish to witness f**kwit moronic fanny fans disgracing the beautiful game then we'll arrange a Friendly Encounter between the Green Vermin and The Newcunto F.C. at Wembley Stadium.

Mixing freely and happily disnae spring to mind.

The Tartan Army sing with smiles and joy , win, lose or draw.

The others i mentioned do it with venom, anger and f**kwittery.

gstretchuk - fail

Did a bus shelter get a kicking or what?

If you genuinely think the way the TA acted in Trafalgar Square was ok, I'm amazed.

It was vandalism, nothing more. Just because they're all pished and friendly, it doesn't make it acceptable.

Would anyone want to see their own town centre treated like that?

If you genuinely think the way the TA acted in Trafalgar Square was ok, I'm amazed.

It was vandalism, nothing more. Just because they're all pished and friendly, it doesn't make it acceptable.

Would anyone want to see their own town centre treated like that?

what vandalism did they do?