England Scotland At Wembley 14/8/13

davidg

I've been to the new Wembley a few times now to watch Blackpool in the play offs and I've got to admit it is an incredible stadium. The scale of it is something that has to be seen to be believed! I first went in 2007 when Blackpool played Yeovil. And at the time I remember imagining what it would be like if the TA were there in full force and I'm really looking forward to seeing it come to pass!

I'm taking my lad down to this one. Staying overnight in a travelodge in Uxbridge. Once we get down there we'll be heading down to Trafalgar Square in the afternoon to take part in the festivitiesholiday.gifnologo.gif

As for the match, like many of us, I'm a bit apprehensive, but if the lads show the same commitment as they did against Croatia I think we'll be fine wink.png

.....and no matter what happens we'll show our English cousins how to really support a teamclap.gif

Can you blame them!? A bunch of pissed up cunts in fancy dress making a nuisance of themselves in your city centre?

well i was not a pissed up c*nt in fancy dress and certainly didn't make a nuisance of myself and didn't see anyone else being a nuisance, that would best be left to people who make a nuisance of themselves on an internet forum by posting comments about folk they have never met

well i was not a pissed up c*nt in fancy dress and certainly didn't make a nuisance of myself and didn't see anyone else being a nuisance, that would best be left to people who make a nuisance of themselves on an internet forum by posting comments about folk they have never met

Always good to touch the nerve.

Don't know what makes you think I was referring to you specifically. How could I possibly have any idea what you've done? My point is that the 'tartan army' do all the things I mentioned. If you don't, good on you. A decent citizen. Well done.

Always good to touch the nerve.

Don't know what makes you think I was referring to you specifically. How could I possibly have any idea what you've done? My point is that the 'tartan army' do all the things I mentioned. If you don't, good on you. A decent citizen. Well done.

Yeah. Imagine there always being a few dicks in a crowd of thousands. Shocking so it is.

Can you blame them!? A bunch of pissed up cunts in fancy dress making a nuisance of themselves in your city centre?

i was at the game - there was no hassle at all. Lived 20 miles from Brum and know lots of people who live and worked there at the time and had no negative comments from anybody about our support.

Is there really only a few? Must be a different tartan army to the one I've seen. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with people.

Yes it must be. In my experience (which is considerable - going almost 10 years without missing a competitive away game), the vast majority of the Scotland support is good natured, friendly, well behaved and most importantly welcomed with open arms all over Europe. The problem is people like you who see a bit of youtube footage of some bladdered tit dancing around naked in a fountain and decide that the whole support is like that. Idiots do exist and the bigger the game, the more idiots there are. It's a numbers thing. Also the notion of ridiculing people for wearing their national dress is just a bit sad.

If anything annoys me about the TA, it's that it can get a bit self-congratulatory at times and that irks me a bit.

I stopped following Scotland away because Levein was a total kvnt (last trip the Prague no strikers debacle) and if the truth be told, I had grown out of the party side of the trips.

However, I loved almost every minute of every trip (maybe apart from being set upon by about 50 Ukrainian casuals). I met some fantastic people and was very proud to be associated with such great set of supporters.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Yes it must be. In my experience (which is considerable - going almost 10 years without missing a competitive away game), the vast majority of the Scotland support is good natured, friendly, well behaved and most importantly welcomed with open arms all over Europe. The problem is people like you who see a bit of youtube footage of some bladdered tit dancing around naked in a fountain and decide that the whole support is like that. Idiots do exist and the bigger the game, the more idiots there are. It's a numbers thing. Also the notion of ridiculing people for wearing their national dress is just a bit sad.

If anything annoys me about the TA, it's that it can get a bit self-congratulatory at times and that irks me a bit.

I stopped following Scotland away because Levein was a total kvnt (last trip the Prague no strikers debacle) and if the truth be told, I had grown out of the party side of the trips.

However, I loved almost every minute of every trip (maybe apart from being set upon by about 50 Ukrainian casuals). I met some fantastic people and was very proud to be associated with such great set of supporters.

I don't recall seeing that YouTube footage. You must know more about me than I know about myself.

I'll try to remember where I ridiculed people for wearing their national dress too.

Just another thought, last time I looked, the national dress for Scotland wasn't a football shirt, ill-fitting kilt, and Timberland boots.

I don't recall seeing that YouTube footage. You must know more about me than I know about myself.

I'll try to remember where I ridiculed people for wearing their national dress too.

Just another thought, last time I looked, the national dress for Scotland wasn't a football shirt, ill-fitting kilt, and Timberland boots.

You referred to the TA as being "in fancy dress". If you saw someone wearing a Scotland top, a pair of timberland boots and a pair of jeans, would you refer to them as being in fancy dress? I think not. So you clearly think the wearing of a kilt is fancy dress. I say national dress. Mine fits fine, as do most of the ones I've seen over the years. Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

You referred to the TA as being "in fancy dress". If you saw someone wearing a Scotland top, a pair of timberland boots and a pair of jeans, would you refer to them as being in fancy dress? I think not. So you clearly think the wearing of a kilt is fancy dress. I say national dress. Mine fits fine, as do most of the ones I've seen over the years.

I think the wearing of a football shirt and Timberland boots along with PART of Scotland's national costume IS fancy dress, yes. Jeans and Timberland boots, whilst not exactly the coolest of attire in any case, is not the same argument. Or did my ancestors run around the highlands wearing Timberlands...!!?

I think the wearing of a football shirt and Timberland boots along with PART of Scotland's national costume IS fancy dress, yes. Jeans and Timberland boots, whilst not exactly the coolest of attire in any case, is not the same argument. Or did my ancestors run around the highlands wearing Timberlands...!!?

Hmmmm. I win.

You forgot about the tartan hats with the ginger hair around the edges!

Oddly enough the Jimmy hats tend to be the preserve of the home support for some reason. You very rarely see them at away games.

They are indeed fecking embarrassing.

What about the daft hats with the big feather that nearly poked your bastard eye out when someone turns round? I think they look stupid at a football match.