England Scotland At Wembley 14/8/13

davidg

I think the wearing of a football shirt and Timberland boots along with PART of Scotland's national costume IS fancy dress, yes. Jeans and Timberland boots, whilst not exactly the coolest of attire in any case, is not the same argument. Or did my ancestors run around the highlands wearing Timberlands...!!?

Just out of interest, what would our ancestors have worn on their feet, if anything at all?

I was of the understanding that the kilt is Scotland's national costume, not just part of it. Surely our ancestors didn't run around the highlands wearing a shirt and tie and ghillie brogues.

Just out of interest, what would our ancestors have worn on their feet, if anything at all?

I was of the understanding that the kilt is Scotland's national costume, not just part of it. Surely our ancestors didn't run around the highlands wearing a shirt and tie and ghillie brogues.

Er... Aye. It would have been brogues.

The original, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brogue_shoe

Ps anyBuddie got pub plans for pre/après the game on Wednesday?

Looks like I may be going to the game...

a sudden change of holiday plans means that I can make the game.

I got 4 adult & 4 childrens tickets for the family enclosure in the England end but got them for 3 of boys that I coach football to + their dads as the wife had me sworn to 2 weeks away & 2 weeks of no football {before I heard about this match} anyways,

She changed the plan last night when we got back from Ireland yesterday {was in Dublin on Sunday, cracking atmosphere in the pubs with Dublin & Cork hurling fans but spoiled by the inane ramblings of celtic supporters and their nonsense}.

We will be at home for the rest of the week, so that makes the England game fair game for me. Luckily, 1 of the adults cannot go so I've got that ticket back for me.

Was in the England end in the 96 euro's, not the most pleasant of experiences but here's hoping, tomorrow is much better.

It'll be train to Liverpool Street {Dirty Dicks on Bishopsgate} for me and then Metropolitan line up to Wembley but I might head into Covent Garden/Leicester square for a couple as well.

As you walk up Wembley Way, just before you get to the ramp, there's an Indian Restaurant and another joint that is usually open to punters who just want a beer too, as we'll have 4 children with us, we'll fire in there for a couple before the match.

win or lose, i'll be looking to hit the town with the crowd.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

News programmes stressing the measures in place to prevent trouble - including no drinking in public places like Trafalgar Square. Two minutes later, cue live reporter at Trafalgar Square with Scotland fans surrounded by empty beer cans.

At least no-one was making a cnut of themselves in a fountain - yet.

News programmes stressing the measures in place to prevent trouble - including no drinking in public places like Trafalgar Square. Two minutes later, cue live reporter at Trafalgar Square with Scotland fans surrounded by empty beer cans.

At least no-one was making a cnut of themselves in a fountain - yet.

just wait till I get there with my dany lennon must go flag