The Football Gambling Thread 13/14

Tam M

The season kicks off in Scotland today with the Challenge Cup taking place. Going to keep a note of all my football bets this season to see if I actually make any money or if I lose far too much!

Thought we could get a thread on the go sharing our bets at the weekends/midweek and hopefully help each other out.

My bets today are...

Doubles:

Cowdenbeath vs Pars DRAW @ 5/2

Airdrie vs Hamilton DRAW @ 5/2

Dumbarton to beat Stanraer @ 10/11 (You can get evens on Williamhill)

Morton -1.0 against Annan (Evens)

Singles:

Dumbarton 10/11

Also couldn't resist a single on Stockport to win 4-2... 80/1 whistling.gif

Any tips I can share on English Championship sides, I will do.

Teams to look out for this season should be Forest (Billy Davies in his first full season since returning), Watford again, Bolton should do better and went on a bit of run in the final 3 months or so last season. Of the relegated teams it's hard to predict. I reckon Reading will probably be strongest. With Leicester City, who knows!! Usually VERY strong at home but don't travel well.

Anyway, for today I've gone for Raith, Morton, Elgin, Falkirk. Straight 4 team accum.

Fingers crossed. Happy betting guys, be lucky.

Both teams to score.

Kortrijk 8/13 1-0.

Lierse 8/11 * 1-2.

Mons 8/13 * 1-1.

Dukla Prague 4/6 * 4-0.

Pogon Szczecin 8/11 0-3.

Grasshoppers 8/11 * 4-2.

Toronto 4/6 * 2-1.

7x 50p 6/folds 1x 50p 7/fold = £4.00.

Waasland Beveren 8/11 1-1

Vestsjaelland 4/6 * 0-2.

Karlsruher 8/11 * 0-0.

Aalesund 8/13 * 2-3.

Lillestrom 8/15 * 2-0

Atvidaberg 4/7 1-1.

Oster 4/7 * 1-1.

Same stake as above.

RETURNS = ZILCHO.

Matches with asterisks, a line of 10x 50p 9/folds and 1x 50p 10/fold = £5.50.

got a 10 team and a 7 team line correct last week hope to keep the run going.

Edited by boomboomyards

The season kicks off in Scotland today with the Challenge Cup taking place. Going to keep a note of all my football bets this season to see if I actually make any money or if I lose far too much!

Thought we could get a thread on the go sharing our bets at the weekends/midweek and hopefully help each other out.

My bets today are...

Doubles:

Cowdenbeath vs Pars DRAW @ 5/2

Airdrie vs Hamilton DRAW @ 5/2

Dumbarton to beat Stanraer @ 10/11 (You can get evens on Williamhill)

Morton -1.0 against Annan (Evens)

Singles:

Dumbarton 10/11

Also couldn't resist a single on Stockport to win 4-2... 80/1 whistling.gif

Inplay bet on Saints to win @ 7/5 at HT.

Rest of them are Humped!!

Edited by Tam M

Well, looks like Morton have f**ked me for £228, the bastards!

Falkirk, Elgin & Raith all win, Morton lose to Annan. Cunts.

Serves you right for backing the Greenock bastards in the first place!

This could be a good thread. Bookies are normally correct but there are exceptions. Best example being the famous Saints side of 2000. You could get 20/1 on St Mirren to win the league, the bookies seemingly having totally missed the massive improvement at the end of the previous season once Tom Hendrie arrived. Plenty of happy Buddies at the end of that season.

Thompson to score and Saints to win the cup was a good one too! smile.png

Edited by Kemp

This could be a good thread. Bookies are normally correct but there are exceptions. Best example being the famous Saints side of 2000. You could get 20/1 on St Mirren to win the league, the bookies seemingly having totally missed the massive improvement at the end of the previous season once Tom Hendrie arrived. Plenty of happy Buddies at the end of that season.

I remember seeing the First Division priced up on the white board behind the counter in Hills shop on Gordon Street, Glasgow during the week after the first game of season 1999/2000 where we drew 1-1 at home to Ayr Utd.

We had drifted from 20/1 out to 33/1. I still regret to this day not lumping on, instead having to make do with the winnings from my £10 e/w at 20/1.

William Hill etc can't factor in God.........Tom Hendrie was God ......It's the only reasonable explanation

• I know we are quite negative on here! But if you wish, whistling.gif , £20 on Saints to get relegated at 8/1 in Ladbrokes, well losing it if we stay up...........who cares! If we get relegated.............that's next years season ticket paidshock1.gif

I've gone completely the opposite aber my good friend!

Saints to finish second 25/1

That's next years season ticket and the year after biggrin.png

Both teams to score.

8/13 Sparta Prague * 2-1

4/6 Slovan Liberec * 2-1

8/13 Randers * 1-1

4/9 Sonderjyske * 1-0

4/7 Midtjylland * 1-0

4/9 Brann 1-4

8/13 Odd Grenland * 3-1

6/folds and 7/fold.

4/9 Sonderjyske 1-0

4/7 Midtjylland 1-0

4/6 Cologne 1-1

4/7 Sogndal * 1-1

4/6 Viking * 3-0

5/6 Gefle * 2-0

4/6 IFK Goteborg * 2-4

6/folds and 7/folds

* 9/folds and 10/fold.

RETURNS = £0.00.

Hoping for better luck than yesterday.

Edited by boomboomyards

I've gone completely the opposite aber my good friend!

Saints to finish second 25/1

That's next years season ticket and the year after biggrin.png

Saints @ 8/1 to finish top on the handicap, we have a 42 point start, for anyone unfamiliar how it works Celtic start on scratch so they are basically playing catch up with everyone all season, but remember you have to beat everyone not just the league winners.

Wullie Hills price it

Celtic Scratch

Motherwell +24

Sheep +25

Arabs +29

Hibs +33 LOL

ICT +34

Fakes +35

Ross County +37

Killie +41

Mighty Murn +42

Jags +48

Hertz +54

Last season on the handicap Ross County romped it, Celtic finished about 7th, we were +40 last season and still finished above the ***** as we finished 38 points behind them, hope that all makes sense to you non gamblers.

Spunked my £20 profit on Dortmund to draw and Bayern to win 2-1 last night. So back on an even keel.

What's everyone's thoughts on Rangers -2 today @ 6/4. Can we see the pricks winning by 3 goals?

As much as we all hate them, that is indeed a good price. I'm on it cheers for that thumbup2.gif

As much as we all hate them, that is indeed a good price. I'm on it cheers for that Posted Image

There was something in the papers to say something about new signings and trialist not being able to play or limited use. Maybe last years team playing today.

My bet would be HT 0-0 at 7/2.

Think they are allowed two trialist to play today.

I also think that they are playing at Livingston, which is not a wee crap stadium, it's a decent facility and not like the stadiums they were used to last season away from home.

It's by no way a certainty, but decent price and Fat Sally knows he'll need to improve ten fold on last year. The fact they will be able to sign players to play from September I think means the guys they have know they have to put in a performance. .