Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

Seen an statement from Pardew a few days ago saying Campbell would be loaned out for first team football if Newcastle sign another striker, Hartlepool were interested among others.

Apparently they are trying to sign Gomis and Remy so heres hoping. Bit unsure why we took the other kid from Toon on trial when we after Newton?

I wonder if Campbell will be in the squad for the game tomorrow.

Must be, he's the only fit striker at Newcastle just now.

Ameobi is carrying a knock and Papiss Cisse hasn't played in pre season yet (but will play a half tomorrow).

Presumably that means Newton's our first choice midfield loanee but we'd be happy to take Richardson if a return of the prodigal's not a runner? I think the SPFL could actually be a really good move for a young striker; as a club we are building a reputation as trusted developental partners for NUFC - he'd certainly learn from Thommo, get loads of games, and probably get a hatful of goals in our league but I imagine lots of other (wealthier) clubs will be interested in him.

I,m hoping tat the Geordies make a decision , based on how well St Mirren look after the player as well , coach them well , and give them first team football in a side focussed on playing first team football , rather than let the go to a team of Lanarkshire based hammerthrowers

I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed by NUFC how much Dummet and Newton benefited from their loans last season. I'm sure both those players would recommend saints to any other potential loan players too. Having built up a link, it's very easy for the clubs to do business and do it quickly, just as the sudden Richardson move showed at the weekend. It's an easy option for NUFC to loan players to St Mirren. The've made noises about campbell going to the championship but i wouldn't rule out a saints move just yet.

Edited by john scott

I think the progression we made especially with Dummett has really really impressed Pardew and I think he has real faith in us now and I think that would put us in the driving seat if it was to be an SPL club ahead of the likes of Motherwell a championship club might be different

Hopefully aswell the positive reports from Paul and Conor about our club might help us with the lads decision

I fail to see why a team like Newcastle United football club would prefer to loan a player out to a championship side (presumably an English championship side and NOT a Scottish championship side) ahead of a Scottish top league outfit such as the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I cite the following reason's

1) Newcastle United have previously utilised the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co as a team where young Newcastle (pronounced NooooCassselll) player's can be exposed to top flight football and thus gain invaluable experience and confidence, thus improving the prospects of the player within the game of football, thus improving the value to the Newcastle team.

2) Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company also play in black and white stripes so that at least requires no adjustment for the young loanee.

3) The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are the best team in the world and it would be criminal to deny any youngster the coveted chance to play on the hallowed turf of Paisley.

I fail to see why a team like Newcastle United football club would prefer to loan a player out to a championship side (presumably an English championship side and NOT a Scottish championship side) ahead of a Scottish top league outfit such as the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I cite the following reason's

1) Newcastle United have previously utilised the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co as a team where young Newcastle (pronounced NooooCassselll) player's can be exposed to top flight football and thus gain invaluable experience and confidence, thus improving the prospects of the player within the game of football, thus improving the value to the Newcastle team.

2) Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company also play in black and white stripes so that at least requires no adjustment for the young loanee.

3) The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are the best team in the world and it would be criminal to deny any youngster the coveted chance to play on the hallowed turf of Paisley.

Don't forget tom another reason is that they would not need to buy him a new stripthumbup2.gif

This a load of nonsense. We won't be able to sign both of them.

The SPFL has a limit on the number of gingers you can sign during a transfer window.

Yes this is true but under section 1,8 paragraph 6 of the fair play rule It states ....."Although we wish to play fair players as much as possible there can be exceptions made on loan deals"