Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

I'm afraid it won't be Pardews decision more likely the lunatic Joe Kinnear, the self confessed best director of football in England.

Pretty sure if he has a personal link with the a championship club he will choose them.

It's Brighton. They have had a troubled time recently with the sackings and appeals etc but apparently they're in pole position for Campbell !

Do Millwall have a good record for developing young talent?

This is certainly something SMFC now has, and Newcastle will appreciate the fact.

Last season, our three loanees clearly came on leaps and bounds while at the club. I predict the same for Cornell this term.

All that said, if money comes into the equation, we are at a clear disadvantage. Surely NUFC aren't looking for much in the way of financial remuneration, though?

Edited by Drew

Do Millwall have a good record for developing young talent?

This is certainly something SMFC now has, and Newcastle will appreciate the fact.

Last season, our three loanees clearly came on leaps and bounds while at the club. I predict the same for Cornell this term.

All that said, if money comes into the equation, we are at a clear disadvantage. Surely NUFC aren't looking for much in the way of financial remuneration, though?

Agreed, although I think the decision is up to Newton rather than NUFC. The way I see it is he has a choice between playing at a higher standard in front of bigger crowds and more publicity (Championship) or going to somewhere he is familiar with, well liked and is more or less guaranteed 90mins of football every week (us).

Agreed, although I think the decision is up to Newton rather than NUFC. The way I see it is he has a choice between playing at a higher standard in front of bigger crowds and more publicity (Championship) or going to somewhere he is familiar with, well liked and is more or less guaranteed 90mins of football every week (us).

Aye, I hadn't realised it was down to the player to decide in the final analysis.

Ach well, he certainly doesn't owe us anything (it was a truly reciprocal arrangement!), so he takes my best wishes wherever he lands.

I feel a bit sorry for him that he isnt given the chance in the first team this year, that said I guess with 50m worth of talent in there its always going to be a tough ask to break in, he does seem to be in Tiote's mould, albeit he can shoot and score which Tiote cannot.

We've obviously come onto the scene for him quite late. I was told a fortnight ago that we had no chance because a deal had been agreed with Millwall , but the fact that nothing's happened yet would suggest we might have a chance. Let's hope so because any chance of the Campbell deal happening probably hinges on it too !

Newton is either going to be coming to us or going to Millwall.

Says who? There are no rumours of this whatsoever at the Millwall end, and Lomas has already signed two centre midfielders to add to the three he already has this summer, with another of his signings being a left mid cum centre mid who prefers to play in the centre. I think it highly unlikely that Millwall will have any interest in Newton.

Says who? There are no rumours of this whatsoever at the Millwall end, and Lomas has already signed two centre midfielders to add to the three he already has this summer, with another of his signings being a left mid cum centre mid who prefers to play in the centre. I think it highly unlikely that Millwall will have any interest in Newton.

I also heard from a pretty reliable source that Millwall were interested in Newton.

Newton was someone I thought Lomas would have been interested in at the start of the summer, and there may even have been interest at some stage but none of that has leaked down south which is unusual. As I say, however, Lomas has a number of centre mids in his squad and has signed three more so I would be surprised if he was still interested in Newton.

I feel a bit sorry for him that he isnt given the chance in the first team this year, that said I guess with 50m worth of talent in there its always going to be a tough ask to break in, he does seem to be in Tiote's mould, albeit he can shoot and score which Tiote cannot.

He's also had a few niggling injuries.

Would love it if Tin Tin returned :)

Edited by davidg

As I said at the start of this thread we have made loan bids for both players Newton bid has been accepted by Newcastle but they have also accepted from 2 English clubs so it is now up to Conor

Campbell Newcastle haven't decided where he is going but I've been told if Newton comes the chances of Campbell coming will improve dramatically

Newton basically has the choice between getting experience at championship level but potentially sitting on the bench most of the season, or playing every week for a full season/6 months here where he is comfortable well liked and knows the rest of the squad well.

ETA: Does the championship start this weekend as well? If so then surely a decision has to be made today.

Edited by irvine_buddie

ETA: Does the championship start this weekend as well? If so then surely a decision has to be made today.

Wouldn't have to be made until the transfer window shuts, and even then I think Championship sides in England can still bring in players on loan outwith the window.

So as Newton has apparently had an injury and played very little football so far, I'd say it's quite possible that Newcastle will want to keep him around for a while and assess his progress before making a decision on sending him out for loan.

From Sky Sports

St Mirren boss Danny Lennon has hinted he would be keen to take young Newcastle striker Adam Campbell on loan.

The Paisley side have already borrowed left-back Paul Dummett and midfielder Conor Newton from the Magpies as part of an affiliation deal between the two clubs.

Both players played key roles as Lennon's side secured their first major trophy in 26 years with victory over Hearts 3-2 in the Scottish Communities League Cup final.

The pair have now been rewarded with new deals on Tyneside and Lennon revealed he had spoken to counterpart Alan Pardew after Tuesday's friendly between the sides about how Campbell might benefit from a similar spell.

"I looked at their squad on Tuesday night and even when they were taking guys off they were replacing them with players who are top drawer," Lennon said.

"Conor Newton came on in the second half and he did very well for us last year and we now have a strong affiliation with Newcastle.

"Young Adam Campbell looked lively when he came on and he is a player we are more than aware of."

ETA. Also seems to be on a bunch of other sites som there may be some truth in it.......Not that it is really news.....

Edited by ds10