Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

Young players get their chance by being in the squad and starting off with 10 mins here and there - either when we are winning or in our case when we are desperate with 10 mins to go. That then extends to longer appearances as a sub for an injury or a tactical change. Some should be on the bench and getting wee chances to see how they cope. If, like McGinn, they show up extremely well and prove they also have the physical capability then they maybe get a starting spot.

I have seen Brady, Reilly, Yacoub and Naismith play and they all look potentially first team players in time. However, IMHO, they are not ready for SPL football week in, week out. Have 3 on the bench every week and if we can give them a runout but the first eleven and at least half the bench should be players with more experience and a greater physical presence.

We can still compete and blood youngsters but a team of youngsters will be under too much pressure and will get us relegated.

Edit to Add: I am talking about Scottish youngsters. Dummet and Newton are also young but physically much more powerful than our home grown talent. They dont get bullied out of games.

Edited by Sonny

I really would love to see us get relegated, only IF we can develope (sic) some young players, it'll have been worth it.

I was not surprised to see this sarcastic response, can you tell me where it says in my post that I would want to blood young players at the expense of our top flight status.

If you want to see a club of our size progress ,then giving young players their chance is essential. Having the right blend of experienced players is also essential.

Here's a radical idea....

Let's put any efforts to secure these loan deals on the backburner and concentrate on strengthening the squad with players on full contracts. Relying on the whims of an EPL side to bolster our squad is wholly inadequate.

If they come off, great - that's a bonus, but let's focus attention elsewhere while we still can.

Totally agree- feels all attention has been on loan deals at the expense of focusing on players that are ready to come now. If you identify targets for the Board to sign in May, why are we relying (and feels like begging) 2 players to come on loan once the season starts?

Here's a radical idea....

Let's put any efforts to secure these loan deals on the backburner and concentrate on strengthening the squad with players on full contracts. Relying on the whims of an EPL side to bolster our squad is wholly inadequate.

If they come off, great - that's a bonus, but let's focus attention elsewhere while we still can.

Which is better a a one year loan for Adam Campbell or a one year deal for Craig Beattie?

Just asking like

We can't really afford to hand out long term deals. Paying off long term contracts for Imrie, Guy, Adam, McQuade etc has really crippled us in terms of transfer funds. Then you have the likes of Mair and van Zanten who initially signed for two years but have the option of extending their deals for another year if they like, even though neither player is up to scratch any more.

I also think that the better performers tend to be in the final year of their contracts or on loan.

Why did we terminate contracts when there's no chance of replacing them. Danny has paid them off and now has no money. If that's the case it's totally stupid and pointlesss

Who has informed you that players were paid off?

Who has told you Danny has no money?

Are you lovestreet's mole?

Imrie, Adam and Guy have been released from their contracts.

Which of them do you wish was still here?

Imrie over Reilly, Guy over Brady and even Adam over Cornell.

Does anybody really think the three we currently have are better than those we let go?

Why did we terminate contracts when there's no chance of replacing them. Danny has paid them off and now has no money. If that's the case it's totally stupid and pointlesss

Great point which definitely needs answered. We budgeted for saving these guys last year so what has changed over a season where the Cup win would have actually brought in more revenue than we had originally hoped for.

If Lennon wasn't going to be able to replace those that left we'd have been better keeping them for another season surely?

Guy left by mutual agreement meaning no pay off required and Adam was not on a great wage anyway. Don't know where your info is coming from regarding what our manager has money wise. And if we had kept these players and someone better came along you would have said should have got rid of them sooner. I also think I'mrie left by mutual consent so we did not pay him off either. Wish mair would do the same but he won't because nobody wants him.

Well if that's the case some folk on here need to stop spouting shite about us having no money to pay new players as we're paying the ones we freed. That makes it even worse that Danny thinks he can let go experienced players of limited ability granted but then replace them with young boys who are far from being ready. Utter crazy and I will bet he is now panicking about how to sort it before aug 31! Remember Danny signed a pile of shite in his first season and had Caldwell not known teale and thommo not asked to come where is his successes in the market? McGowan and Goodwin yes but wardlaw, mcquade, lynch, hegarty, guy, Parkin, Imrie and Carey to an extend have been failures. Add to that the lad puri who had 45mins and paddy Cregg who was worse than a man down. Maybe we're getting an idea of why the board don't trust him? And maybe they know he won't be around if things go bad from now til December. I think looking at the league the teams who already occupy the bottom spots will be there at the end. Unless of course we sign a few good players

Edited by norrie82

Players agent tweeted me saying all this negativity isn't helping...

Where's the Danny Lennon appreciation thread went??

Who can blame them! This place and twitter has been a joke.

I do enjoy the fact that the agent doesn't blame Danny Lennon, but the fans slating Lennon for causing problems! Good job guys.

Edited by NeilPar72

I was gutted when saints sacked McPherson and worried when they appointed cowdebeaths manager Danny Lennon thought it was huge mistake. But the football got better after his first season. He went on to win us a cup. He only ever talks up the club the fans. what really gets to me is his job seems to hinge on the loan deals with Newcastle that's not right the board should back him give him some money to sign key players rather than pin our hopes on loan players.

Does this agent honestly believe that a few anonymous keyboard scribblers have an influence on anything?

Only decision makers can have an influence and I don't believe we have heard anything from any of them on this forum.

No wonder Gus McPherson always said that he didn't look at fan forums.

Players agent tweeted me saying all this negativity isn't helping...

Where's the Danny Lennon appreciation thread went??

Heres a radical idea, mibbee if we had something to post positives about.... we would !! Ive only caught two games pre-season but i have to say im not full of confidence.

Dodgy keeper

Dodgy defence

Dodgy Captain

Confused midfield

Dis-interested looking hero up front !

Nothing on the bench

Tactics from a lucky bag

so , what does yer man want us to say to perk the poor wee souls up ?huh.png