Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

St Mirren should hear today if Conor Newton is coming back on loan.

According to Douglas McNeil

Looking at the article on the BBC doesn't sound like either of the players are exactly biting Danny's hand off for the opportunity.... anyway fingers crossed!

Edited by ds10

I'd imagine that the club have to be careful as to how they play this. They can't afford to be too pushy or NUFC could simply tell us to bugger off, and this could sour what would appear to be a positive relationship. As things stand, Newcastle and the players are pretty much holding all the cards.

That said, we surely can't be waiting around in the hope that Campbell (and Newton, to a lesser extent in terms of their respective positions) will roll up and fill what we all know is a void. If I'm being honest, I had assumed that we would be looking at a long term signing up front, with the possibility of Campbell coming in as a bonus. If the Campbell deal falls through, I hope a contingency is in place.

Edit for typos.

Edited by Drew

I'd imagine that the club have to be careful as to how they play this. They can't afford to be too pushy or NUFC could simply tell us to bugger off, and this could sour what would appear to be a positive relationship. As things stand, Newcastle and the players are pretty much holding all the cards.

Absolutely. I was a bit surprised to read the comments from Danny about Campbell, as they could be seen as trying to pressure Newcastle into a deal.

Could prove to be a risky strategy putting all your eggs in the loan market basket........

So....

No news is....er, no news!

It looks as though we go with what we have tomorrow. Let's hope ICT have a shite defenceFlush.gif

Beginning to look like my confidence about a new signing was perhaps misplaced.

Anyway WGAS our 1st XI is more than strong enough for ICT.

Douglas McNeil @DouglasMcNeil 8m

No new faces in the St Mirren squad for tomorrow. Danny will try again with Newton/Campbell loan next week.

Oh dear.

ETA:

on reflection (very brief, granted), we just need to accept that this is what we have. Not ideal, but no point greeting about it.

Edited by Drew

Very poor effort from the club this close season , if the loans fall flat then we as a club deserve all we get for the lack of activity !

So u aren't happy with signings of harkins and grainger?

I am confident we will get both loan players next week and we will have a very good squad for the season

So u aren't happy with signings of harkins and grainger?

I am confident we will get both loan players next week and we will have a very good squad for the season

I'm more concerned with getting off to a good start so we don't give Hearts any encouragement. It's utterly ridiculous that we're scratching about for players on the eve of the season , we've had plenty of time to get things sorted and we have failed miserably !

I'm more concerned with getting off to a good start so we don't give Hearts any encouragement. It's utterly ridiculous that we're scratching about for players on the eve of the season , we've had plenty of time to get things sorted and we have failed miserably !

Nice side step to the question

Would u rather we just told Newcastle now or never with Newton and Campbell and then went for lesser players ?

I personally think signing grainger and harkins are 2 great signing for any non old firm team and the resigning of Paul McGowan 3 great bits of business.

Nice side step to the question

Would u rather we just told Newcastle now or never with Newton and Campbell and then went for lesser players ?

I personally think signing grainger and harkins are 2 great signing for any non old firm team and the resigning of Paul McGowan 3 great bits of business.

Exactly!